Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Looking Forward
Is there anyone in eastern KY or the mountains besides Ashland or Boyd County who can win a game or more in the Sweet 16?
I’m sure Harlan can
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackHawk's post:
  • Belichick
(12-17-2023, 03:38 PM)BlackHawk Wrote: I’m sure Harlan can
Totally blanked on Harlan County. Definitely capable
Should there be anyone able to? This area of the state is the Land Time Forgot About. We get taxed to death around here only to build up Lexington, Louisville, and other big towns in the state while we stay stagnant and behind in the times. But yet we paying higher gas prices than anywhere else in the state. Roads are pathetic. No jobs here, don’t do bad with less athletes to choose from. When we win one here, believe me it’s well earned.
[-] The following 2 users Like Diablo's post:
  • Belichick, Heater34
(12-17-2023, 02:49 PM)Belichick Wrote: Is there anyone in eastern KY or the mountains besides Ashland or Boyd County who can win a game or more in the Sweet 16?
For sure, all depends on the draw.
Corbin will beat all three of Harlan County, Boyd County, and Ashland within about three weeks from now.
(12-17-2023, 04:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin will beat all three of Harlan County, Boyd County, and Ashland within about three weeks from now.
Wasn’t really referring to how many teams can get enough home cooking and FT discrepancy to eek out wins at home against teams who would smack them on neutral floors. Just trying to think of teams who can actually win a game or more at Rupp. I’m not a big fan of 16th region officiating either so fair play to Corbin if they do pull off a win against those guys.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Diogenes, TheStickyBandit
I agree that it all depends on the draw. I really hope the 13, 14, 15, 16 regions do not draw each other in the first round.
I believe Harlan County or South Laurel which ever comes out of the 13th can win more than one game. Depending on the draw they get.
The winner of the 13th, most likely HC, will beat the winner of any region excluding 11 and 2, with 4 and 7 being toss up games. Nobody in the state regardless of region are on the GC, lyon, and Lex cath levels right now. But other than that I see HC being able to compete or beat anyone. Newport/coving catholic would be a toss up, and i would say bowling green would be considered a toss up at rupp regardless of what happened this past week. No other region has a team that i couldn’t look and say the bears aren’t 10 point favorites going in. I would say the 16th could compete too. 14th and 15th not so much.
(12-17-2023, 04:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin will beat all three of Harlan County, Boyd County, and Ashland within about three weeks from now.
All at once or separately?
Not sure why it's so hard to give other teams credit for having very good seasons. Corbin is always in the mix, but Harlan County has already beat Ashland, South, Male and Oak Ridge, so they could probably win a game at the state if they get there.
[-] The following 3 users Like HCS's post:
  • Belichick, Cactus Jack, Houndsmam1947