Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 2024
What will the Rockets look like in 2024. With big shoes to fill after losing Warren, Moore, and Larkey. But return great athletes in Jackson, Powell and Sargent. There is Rumors of some kids from Pulaski and berea transferring to rock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Word of advice, don’t schedule cupcakes. Schedule teams that have offense that you all will probably see in the playoffs. It doesn’t matter if you lose those games, at least Rock will have seen the type of offense (CAL, Lex Cath) type of offense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cafe Mocha's post:
  • Walt Longmire
The Rockcastle defense should be steady with returners like DL Gabbard, and one of the deepest LB rooms with Pingleton, Powell, and Mullins. Interested to see how they utilize WR Isaiah Jackson who flips over on the other side and plays DB.
(12-21-2023, 07:56 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: Word of advice, don’t schedule cupcakes. Schedule teams that have offense that you all will probably see in the playoffs. It doesn’t matter if you lose those games, at least Rock will have seen the type of offense (CAL, Lex Cath) type of offense.

Problem is this will be year two of a two year contract.  Basically the same schedule as last year.  Might be a couple of changes with playing in bowl games but usually just home and away inverted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Old School 18
(12-24-2023, 03:30 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 07:56 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: Word of advice, don’t schedule cupcakes. Schedule teams that have offense that you all will probably see in the playoffs. It doesn’t matter if you lose those games, at least Rock will have seen the type of offense (CAL, Lex Cath) type of offense.

Problem is this will be year two of a two year contract.  Basically the same schedule as last year.  Might be a couple of changes with playing in bowl games but usually just home and away inverted.

I love how people is so easy, and its just, go schedule team x and team y.   X & Y have to want to play you..
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • BEChargers
(12-24-2023, 03:51 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 03:30 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

I love how people is so easy, and its just, go schedule team x and team y.   X & Y have to want to play you..
Bowl games could be a incentive though right to play a team you normally wouldn't play
I would like to see bowl games type thing that first week of high school playoffs that is made up from bottom seed teams that get removed from the playoffs, meaning we take less teams in the playoffs but teams still get game. Eliminate some of those bottom seeds getting beat like Florida State because they have to play top tier opponent and let the weaker teams get a final game in against another team of similar talent level.
I see it playing out about same as last year. A great regular season schedule and maybe just maybe a shot at the regional.
I may be wrong but I think every team in the district is in the same position having big graduations. I like this District..
Bump
(04-14-2024, 10:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Bump

How does Rockcastle County even compete this year? They lost a good senior lead group of players and it appears all or a good majority of Coach Larkeys coaching staff packed up and moved to North Laurel to replace Coach Chappell and his staff. I look for Knox Central to win district this year due to KC getting Corbins best overall football coach…
(04-17-2024, 09:19 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

How does Rockcastle County even compete this year? They lost a good senior lead group of players and it appears all or a good majority of Coach Larkeys coaching staff packed up and moved to North Laurel to replace Coach Chappell and his staff. I look for Knox Central to win district this year due to KC getting Corbins best overall football coach…
This district will be interesting and possibly wide open as most of the teams lose their top players. I still would give the nod to Bell Co until someone knocks them off but replacing Mr. Football is no easy task.
(04-17-2024, 10:27 AM)fansville Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 09:19 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

This district will be interesting and possibly wide open as most of the teams lose their top players. I still would give the nod to Bell Co until someone knocks them off but replacing Mr. Football is no easy task.
Rockcastle beat bell last season.

Replacing last year's seniors will be extremely tough but Rock brings back a lot of speed and experience. Isaiah Jackson may hold the key for the rockets this year if they want to repeat as District Champs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]