Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Pulaski County
Appoint someone to head the hiring committee, let him get 2 people outside the program to interview. Send their choice to the board. If parents and board members get involved it will be a disaster.
(01-25-2024, 03:44 PM)hchs fan Wrote: any annoucement yet or anytime soon

(01-24-2024, 06:20 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: I am hearing Travis Burns might get this job with an Announcment expected Friday

I heard today from some pretty reliable sources that Burns might not be the shoe in that everyone thinks.

Apparently, there has been an applicant that has stayed on the low through the entire process that has a pretty impressive resume.

Who knows though, it’s always a lot of talk when a job like this is posted.

However, I still fully expect the new head coach to be announced tomorrow.

(01-24-2024, 06:20 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: I am hearing Travis Burns might get this job with an Announcment expected Friday

(01-25-2024, 03:44 PM)hchs fan Wrote: any annoucement yet or anytime soon

I have heard from some pretty reliable sources that Travis Burns now might not be the shoe in that everyone has been thinking.

Apparently, there has been another applicant that has been keep quiet about through the entire process. This coach has an impressive resume and I don't think the people of PC would be disappointed if he is chosen. Who knows sometimes when jobs like this is posted.

I do fully expect the announcement to be made tomorrow barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Sorry for the repeat I forgot about just having 5 short minutes to correct any errors.
well
I was just told that the Coach has been hired. It will be announced for sure tomorrow. As I sated just a few minutes earlier his name has not been mentioned before. In my opinion this guy has an impressive resume. Pulaski County is getting a good guy for the position.

I am going to let the administration be the one who announces it. It is not my place to do so in my opinion. Let's just say I think people will be surprised. Congrats Pulaski Co.
can we at least say what county this coach is currentlly at or do we have to wait untill tomorrow
(01-25-2024, 08:00 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I was just told that the Coach has been hired. It will be announced for sure tomorrow. As I sated just a few minutes earlier his name has not been mentioned before. In my opinion this guy has an impressive resume. Pulaski County is getting a good guy for the position.

I am going to let the administration be the one who announces it. It is not my place to do so in my opinion. Let's just say I think people will be surprised. Congrats Pulaski Co.

if you and I are hearing the same name, that name is telling people he is not taking the job.   So this might get interesting.
(01-25-2024, 08:57 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: can we at least say what county this coach is currentlly at or do we have to wait untill tomorrow

(01-25-2024, 09:46 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 08:00 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I was just told that the Coach has been hired. It will be announced for sure tomorrow. As I sated just a few minutes earlier his name has not been mentioned before. In my opinion this guy has an impressive resume. Pulaski County is getting a good guy for the position.

if you and I are hearing the same name, that name is telling people he is not taking the job.   So this might get interesting.

If it is actually the guy that I have been told is going to be named tomorrow I will say this much he has an impressive resume and a state championship game appearance in his resume.
well can somebody say where thier from
(01-25-2024, 10:23 PM)hchs fan Wrote: well can somebody say where thier from

Kentucky  Cool
Was he the Highlands coach for like 30 seconds?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rainmaker33's post:
  • HighViz
(01-25-2024, 10:42 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Was he the Highlands coach for like 30 seconds?

I think that's who they're talking about.

(01-25-2024, 10:23 PM)hchs fan Wrote: well can somebody say where thier from

Franklin county
Eddie James name has came up probably in every head coaching vacancy lately. Interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
If It is James I wonder if Burns would apply for and possibly get the Franklin County Job
It seems like everything is pretty much out or figured out. So here is the info that I have been told. That after multiple rounds of interviews, Pulaski County has informed current Boyle County defensive coordinator Travis Burns that they have opted to go with current Franklin County head coach Eddie James for their next coach. It's been a fairly reliable source, so I suppose we'll see in the next couple-few days how accurate that info is. I am hearing it will be officially announced at either 11:00am or 2:00pm that is the only thing to be still worked out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
Is Pulaski a better job than Franklin?
(01-26-2024, 09:14 AM)16 special Wrote: Is Pulaski a better job than Franklin?

Better chance to win the big one. 4A is a brute and Franklin isn't getting past Boyle anytime soon.
Pulaski can’t even win their own county I’m not sure how they’ll win the big one. Highlands was the job for that.
(01-26-2024, 10:38 AM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Pulaski can’t even win their own county I’m not sure how they’ll win the big one. Highlands was the job for that.

Precisely my thought. Pulaski window has closed imo. Southwestern will always be good and when you’re splitting talent in a county between 3 very good teams, you’ll have a hard time winning one at the 5a level.
5A is a winnable class right now. No one really had a hold on it with Douglass moving up.
(01-26-2024, 11:06 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: 5A is a winnable class right now. No one really had a hold on it with Douglass moving up.

Winnable for who? Highlands, Cooper, Scott, Bowling Green, South Warren, Owensboro, Southwestern. Any of those schools on a year to year basis have been better than Pulaski over the last decade and from what I can tell, most of them are going anywhere.
(01-26-2024, 12:20 PM)16 special Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 11:06 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: 5A is a winnable class right now. No one really had a hold on it with Douglass moving up.

Winnable for who? Highlands, Cooper, Scott, Bowling Green, South Warren, Owensboro, Southwestern. Any of those schools on a year to year basis have been better than Pulaski over the last decade and from what I can tell, most of them are going anywhere.
You must not be well versed in Pulaski Co history. Less then 10 years ago they won a state championship and completed a 4 peat in state championship appearances
(01-26-2024, 12:35 PM)RunninReb Wrote:

You must not be well versed in Pulaski Co history. Less then 10 years ago they won a state championship and completed a 4 peat in state championship appearances
2014 is 10 years (a decade) from 2024. They were able to avoid Bowling green thanks to graves county. The other 3 they competed in they were beaten by bowling green. 2 of those were beat downs. In the past decade, as I have said, the teams listed above have consistently beaten them. In fact, the year Pulaski won the championship, they were beat at home by bowling green and at southwestern earlier that year. Guess that’s not well versed though.
(01-26-2024, 12:50 PM)16 special Wrote:

2014 is 10 years (a decade) from 2024. They were able to avoid Bowling green thanks to graves county. The other 3 they competed in they were beaten by bowling green. 2 of those were beat downs. In the past decade, as I have said, the teams listed above have consistently beaten them. In fact, the year Pulaski won the championship, they were beat at home by bowling green and at southwestern earlier that year. Guess that’s not well versed though.
Not technically a decade since the championship is in December. But you right
(01-26-2024, 01:02 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 12:50 PM)16 special Wrote:

Not technically a decade since the championship is in December. But you right
Fair.

Heard all year about how Highlands was back and we saw what happened there. Cooper has a really solid young core right now, another team that's not historically good. Bowling Green is Bowling Green they're the cream of the crop in 5A. South Warren is about to move to 6A. And Southwestern has 2 (two!) region championships in their schools history. The 5A East is extremely winnable right now with the draw that Pulaski would have, then anything can happen once you get to the final four.
(01-26-2024, 01:30 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Heard all year about how Highlands was back and we saw what happened there. Cooper has a really solid young core right now, another team that's not historically good. Bowling Green is Bowling Green they're the cream of the crop in 5A. South Warren is about to move to 6A. And Southwestern has 2 (two!) region championships in their schools history. The 5A East is extremely winnable right now with the draw that Pulaski would have, then anything can happen once you get to the final four.
You seem to omit Scott county and Owensboro. Both staying put and both consistently better programs. Highlands made final 4 last year and are always a problem. I’ll give you south Warren just because I’m not sure on their enrollment situation. Cooper is trending upward. I stand by my statement that the window for Pulaski has closed. The 4 years they had were great, but that was quite some time ago. Last regional title was 2018. Have lost 8 out of 9 vs cross town rival since that regional championship. When you split talent the way Pulaski county/somerset does, it’s gonna be hard to get back to that level. Especially with an established southwestern and a coach like Clevenger at somerset pulling in kids.
(01-26-2024, 01:44 PM)16 special Wrote:

You seem to omit Scott county and Owensboro. Both staying put and both consistently better programs. Highlands made final 4 last year and are always a problem. I’ll give you south Warren just because I’m not sure on their enrollment situation. Cooper is trending upward. I stand by my statement that the window for Pulaski has closed. The 4 years they had were great, but that was quite some time ago. Last regional title was 2018. Have lost 8 out of 9 vs cross town rival since that regional championship. When you split talent the way Pulaski county/somerset does, it’s gonna be hard to get back to that level. Especially with an established southwestern and a coach like Clevenger at somerset pulling in kids.

Scott County is historically good and Owensboro is always tough at home. They're also losing kids to O Cath currently which is hurting them. Highlands made the final four for the first time in years. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. The 5A East IMO is very winnable and it just like 2A and 3A in the East. Sure, those teams may not be able to win it all, but they have a much better chance to make it further in the playoff race because of the East West split. The talent in 2A and 5A is in the West.
any annoucement or named a coach yet
(01-26-2024, 01:50 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 01:44 PM)16 special Wrote:

Scott County is historically good and Owensboro is always tough at home. They're also losing kids to O Cath currently which is hurting them. Highlands made the final four for the first time in years. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. The 5A East IMO is very winnable and it just like 2A and 3A in the East. Sure, those teams may not be able to win it all, but they have a much better chance to make it further in the playoff race because of the East West split. The talent in 2A and 5A is in the West.
Can agree on the 2A and 5a talent being in the west. That said, pulaski will likely be #2 for the next couple years in that district and yes they could win 2 games in the playoffs against that other abysmal district. I just don’t think the top of 5a is anymore winnable for Pulaski than 4a is for Franklin.
For what its worth Eddie James just sent an email to the list serve looking for asst coaches at...........Franklin Co.