Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Pulaski County
(01-26-2024, 02:24 PM)plantmanky Wrote: For what its worth Eddie James just sent an email to the list serve looking for asst coaches at...........Franklin Co.
???

(01-26-2024, 02:25 PM)16 special Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 02:24 PM)plantmanky Wrote: For what it’s worth Eddie James just sent an email to the list serve looking for asst coaches at...........Franklin Co.
I thought it was a done deal?
All roads in 5A usually go through Bowling Green.
5A may be a winnable class, but not for any school from Somerset. The future can never be solely predicted by the past, but football played from any team in Pulaski County has never boded well when playing the Purples. Pulaski County and Southwestern are a collective 0-7. In those seven games, Bowling Green has outscored them by a combined total of 303-70.
Unless Bowling Green is just down something absolutely horrible or has the collapse of a lifetime, you're not going to see a team from Somerset pull it off.

Which brings me to my next point, how in the world is Pulaski County a better job than Franklin County? Franklin County has a much better talent pool, teachers are paid better, and to be honest, their district is a cake walk compared to what PC will go through. Not to mention the kind of talent they have returning simply for next years team.
The ends don't justify the means. If the answer is that he has to go through Boyle County, I don't understand that. Trading them out for Bowling Green just seems silly. I don't care who the coach is.
(01-26-2024, 02:24 PM)plantmanky Wrote: For what its worth Eddie James just sent an email to the list serve looking for asst coaches at...........Franklin Co.

Maybe FC admin hadn't given him assistant stipends and he found a way to leverage things and get those stipends and was just using the PC job to get that? Something not seeming right here now to me.
well
(01-26-2024, 03:34 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Maybe FC admin hadn't given him assistant stipends and he found a way to leverage things and get those stipends and was just using the PC job to get that? Something not seeming right here now to me.
Well, if they did that they would have to do the same for Western Hills I would think, since both are in the same school system.
Although, I've gotta think Franklin County is gonna get awfully tired of their football coach threatening to head elsewhere every time he wants more stipends for assistant coaches.

Exactly and assuming he has in fact applied for the Pulaski job I would fire him at Franklin County and try to find someone interested in the job long term.

This is just my two-cents from an outsider looking at this whole situation.
Sounds like someone needs to check their very reliable sources…
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16 special's post:
  • FCSPY
(01-26-2024, 04:00 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Although, I've gotta think Franklin County is gonna get awfully tired of their football coach threatening to head elsewhere every time he wants more stipends for assistant coaches.

Exactly and assuming he has in fact applied for the Pulaski job I would fire him at Franklin County and try to find someone interested in the job long term.

You could do that and never get any sort of quality coaches in any of your programs ever again.  There are not enough coaches anymore to take that chance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • FCSPY
(01-26-2024, 04:00 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Although, I've gotta think Franklin County is gonna get awfully tired of their football coach threatening to head elsewhere every time he wants more stipends for assistant coaches.

HAHAH, yea cause the guy who backed out on Highlands and Corbin owes you for his 8500 a year.
(01-26-2024, 04:21 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 04:00 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Although, I've gotta think Franklin County is gonna get awfully tired of their football coach threatening to head elsewhere every time he wants more stipends for assistant coaches.

HAHAH, yea cause the guy who backed out on Highlands and Corbin owes you for his 8500 a year.

Where you been hiding, lol.
(01-26-2024, 04:24 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

New years resolution was to be nicer... but man, people are just too much for an old boy to let slide sometimes.

If I was guessing I would say Coach James has never filled out an application.. they call you and say do you want to chat... its a good way to see what other places are doing to win.....Applications are for young coaches and programs that do not win. lol
This was exciting a few hours yesterday and this morning but it is now like watching paint drying. I’m starting to believe the rumors now that at least 3 people have turned it down.
It could be 4 if you count Coach James but I’m not sure now if he was actually serious about any of the jobs he keeps applying for or just using them for leverage to get more from Franklin. I still don’t see them beating Boyle next season no matter how good people think they are going to be. Just my two cents as I said. Something is wrong either with the hiring process or with the people they seem to keep offering the job to and being turned down.
(01-26-2024, 05:07 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: This was exciting a few hours yesterday and this morning but it is now like watching paint drying. I’m starting to believe the rumors now that at least 3 people have turned it down.
It could be 4 if you count Coach James but I’m not sure now if he was actually serious about any of the jobs he keeps applying for or just using them for leverage to get more from Franklin. I still don’t see them beating Boyle next season no matter how good people think they are going to be. Just my two cents as I said. Something is wrong either with the hiring process or with the people they seem to keep offering the job to and being turned down.
Hold on. Do you know how many jobs coach James has applied for or are you just making stuff up? He’s been head coach at Franklin going on 8 years. I would guarantee he’s only “applied for” 2 jobs. Has he listened to other job offers? I’m sure, who wouldn’t? Never know what someone could say. The fact that you’re on here calling for him to be fired and trying to say he applied for all these jobs is silly. You’re obviously not in the know of any situation regarding him. Sounds to me like you need to get your sources figured out because they were wrong.
well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(01-26-2024, 05:19 PM)16 special Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 05:07 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: This was exciting a few hours yesterday and this morning but it is now like watching paint drying. I’m starting to believe the rumors now that at least 3 people have turned it down.
Hold on. Do you know how many jobs coach James has applied for or are you just making stuff up? He’s been head coach at Franklin going on 8 years. I would guarantee he’s only “applied for” 2 jobs. Has he listened to other job offers? I’m sure, who wouldn’t? Never know what someone could say. The fact that you’re on here calling for him to be fired and trying to say he applied for all these jobs is silly. You’re obviously not in the know of any situation regarding him. Sounds to me like you need to get your sources figured out because they were wrong.

I do know he took the Highlands job for I believe less than a day. I also know for fact he he was at the school yesterday and as some said on he was just seeing how other programs do things that he would have his wife and family with him touring the facilities, but hey it’s nothing to me if Franklin Co. administration and parents are okay with their coach interviewing and in the Highlands case actually taking the job. It’s nothing to me.
There is disputing that he actually took another job and has been at Pulaski for at least one interview.
(01-26-2024, 05:41 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 05:19 PM)16 special Wrote:

I do know he took the Highlands job for I believe less than a day. I also know for fact he he was at the school yesterday and as some said on he was just seeing how other programs do things that he would have his wife and family with him touring the facilities, but hey it’s nothing to me if Franklin Co. administration and parents are okay with their coach interviewing and in the Highlands case actually taking the job. It’s nothing to me.
There is disputing that he actually took another job and has been at Pulaski for at least one interview.
Highlands deal. 3 years ago. No one in the franklin county program cares about that anymore. Hasn’t applied for any jobs since then and taken franklin on one of the best runs in the schools history. I’m sure he was down there. Which circles back to my point, if someone calls, you listen to what they have to say. Never disputed that. Interview and going on a tour when called are 2 completely different things. You never want to burn bridges which is what I’m sure he was doing when he was visiting campus alone yesterday.
This was just seen from Pulaski County High School.

[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • The Red Eminence
(01-26-2024, 03:19 PM)Fade Wrote: All roads in 5A usually go through Bowling Green.
5A may be a winnable class, but not for any school from Somerset.  The future can never be solely predicted by the past, but football played from any team in Pulaski County has never boded well when playing the Purples. Pulaski County and Southwestern are a collective 0-7. In those seven games, Bowling Green has outscored them by a combined total of 303-70.
Unless Bowling Green is just down something absolutely horrible or has the collapse of a lifetime, you're not going to see a team from Somerset pull it off.

Which brings me to my next point, how in the world is Pulaski County a better job than Franklin County? Franklin County has a much better talent pool, teachers are paid better, and to be honest, their district is a cake walk compared to what PC will go through. Not to mention the kind of talent they have returning simply for next years team.
The ends don't justify the means. If the answer is that he has to go through Boyle County, I don't understand that. Trading them out for Bowling Green just seems silly. I don't care who the coach is.

That sounds good in theory. But in real life a team from Pulaski County has won 5A once already.  So, it is indeed possible that the Almighty Purples don't win every single 5A championship. Meanwhile, not only has Franklin County never won 4A, (or any other level).  But they have their own kryptonite in Boyle County, who is 5-0 against the Flyers and has outscored them 215-77 in those 5 games. Franklin County is also 0-3 against Corbin.
So is there still an announcment expected somepoint tonight their was supposed to be an announcment tonight but I'm guessing with the Eddie James situation this would be delayed at least untill Monday
(01-26-2024, 03:19 PM)Fade Wrote: All roads in 5A usually go through Bowling Green.
5A may be a winnable class, but not for any school from Somerset.  The future can never be solely predicted by the past, but football played from any team in Pulaski County has never boded well when playing the Purples. Pulaski County and Southwestern are a collective 0-7. In those seven games, Bowling Green has outscored them by a combined total of 303-70.

I know this is about Pulaski Co, but I need to here more about all this talent Franklin County is suppose to have, I seen them play last year and there talent just seems to be decent, unless they have some new kids moving in which is always a possibility these days.
Pulaski County has a great young group of players to work with- Franklin County might be better athletes or whatever but year and out Pulaski with a good coach will be competitive in 5A
George R.R. Martin is going to publish The Winds of Winter before we hear anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Red Eminence's post:
  • IAM22
Just got word from very reliable source, Decision is coming out today. Burns was contacted by AD yesterday saying so.

Travis Burns or Eddie James, Pulaski Co. is getting a good hire. However, after all of this who knows now who it will be.

Look for it to come out this afternoon.
(01-27-2024, 11:55 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Just got word from very reliable source, Decision is coming out today. Burns was contacted by AD yesterday saying so.

Travis Burns or Eddie James, Pulaski Co. is getting a good hire. However, after all of this who knows now who it will be.

Amazing.use of "first person" writing.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
From a reliable source, Dudley was spotted yesterday looking at Houseboats.
(01-27-2024, 12:30 PM)nemo Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 11:55 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Just got word from very reliable source, Decision is coming out today. Burns was contacted by AD yesterday saying so.

Amazing.use of "first person" writing.
Wow-SMH
wow has decison been made yet

(01-26-2024, 05:05 PM)In FCSPY Wrote:

New years resolution was to be nicer... but man, people are just too much for an old boy to let slide sometimes.

If I was guessing I would say Coach James has never filled out an application.. they call you and say do you want to chat... its a good way to see what other places are doing to win.....Applications are for young coaches and programs that do not win. lol
Wrong. He was on campus with interest in job 

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.
What does it matter whether Eddie James filled out an application or not, if hes talking to Pulaski Co and interested in the job then hire him or don’t, it’s to far into the process to argue about trivial nonsense…Say what you want he’s one of the top coaches in the game right now wherever he’s at next season is lucky to have him….Btw in the last decade 2 high schools in Pulaski Co have won state championships there’s an abundance of talent and any of the 3 high schools could win a state championship on a given year…
(01-27-2024, 06:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: What does it matter whether Eddie James filled out an application or not, if hes talking to Pulaski Co and interested in the job then hire him or don’t, it’s to far into the process to argue about trivial nonsense…Say what you want he’s one of the top coaches in the game right now wherever he’s at next season is lucky to have him….Btw in the last decade 2 high schools in Pulaski Co have won state championships there’s an abundance of talent and any of the 3 high schools could win a state championship on a given year…

Nuh uh, 5A is unwinnable by anyone other than big bad Bowling Green. Y’know, the Bowling Green team that lost to the 4th best team in 2A last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shogun's post:
  • TD Hounds