Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reed Sheppard NBA Megathread
So surprise here. He would be crazy to not take the money right now.
Agreed. He had to go
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
19m
Reed Sheppard + Rob Dillingham = six combined starts, zero SEC or NCAA tournament wins.

It’s hard to fathom having those two — and Antonio Reeves! — in a backcourt and failing to maximize them better than that.

We’ll look back on 2023-24 Kentucky and wonder, HOW THE HELL?!
blue World order ??
@_BlueWorldOrder
·
1h
I will never forgive that italian bastard for pissing away Reed Sheppard's first and only year at Kentucky.
Red Cup Kentucky
@KentuckyRedCup
·
2h
Calipari should be in federal prison for us only seeing Reed and Rob in one tournament game.
(04-18-2024, 08:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Red Cup Kentucky
@KentuckyRedCup
·
2h
Calipari should be in federal prison for us only seeing Reed and Rob in one tournament game.

Why not blame Reed and Rob for sh!tting their respective pants?  If they had done anything at all... I mean ANY damn thing, Kentucky would have won easily and maybe gone on to the Final Four.   When do we start referring to Reed as one of Cal's mercenaries , and bashing him for disloyalty?  Oh, I get it, that kind of verbiage is reserved for the black kids who decide to move on after a year. White home boy gets a pass. Both Reed and Rob had a chance to play more games at UK but each decided to move on.  And, for the record, I don't blame a kid, white or black, for grabbing the money.  Loyalty to a university is no longer a thing. The only thing a man is loyal to these days are those greenbacks!!!

(04-18-2024, 07:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote: blue World order ??
@_BlueWorldOrder
·
1h
I will never forgive that italian bastard for pissing away Reed Sheppard's first and only year at Kentucky.

Reed pissed away his potential final run with his pitiful, scared performance against Oakland. Only Old School is willing to put the blame where it belongs--- on the terrified shoulders of Eastern Kentucky's great white hope. 

That Italian bastard will have Arkansas porking over Big Blue next season.
LOL! Cal was pitiful the last several years and everyone knows it. Those guys crushed Tennessee and Auburn on their home courts but were scared of Oakland on a neutral court? You can't peddle that story anywhere...
Regular season games at Knoxville or on the Plains is one thing. But a" win or your career is done" is another thing altogether. It was very obvious that Reed was scared shitless. He was afraid to even shoot the ball. As much fun as it was to watch him play this season, he melted down when it mattered most.
LOL!
(04-18-2024, 07:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
19m
Reed Sheppard + Rob Dillingham = six combined starts, zero SEC or NCAA tournament wins.

It’s hard to fathom having those two — and Antonio Reeves! — in a backcourt and failing to maximize them better than that.

Playing scared against the Oaklands of the world will get you those results. Reed was NRFPT and neither were most of the others. Maybe if they'd gotten their feet wet with a win in that first game, they could have dealt with the pressure at that point. That loss was on our players. Cal did everything he could to have them loose. Even took them bowling and treated them to Ellen's pie.
(04-18-2024, 09:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
19m

Playing scared against the Oaklands of the world will get you those results. Reed was NRFPT and neither were most of the others. Maybe if they'd gotten their feet wet with a win in that first game, they could have dealt with the pressure at that point. That loss was on our players. Cal did everything he could to have them lose. Even took them bowling and treated them to Ellen's pie.
(04-18-2024, 10:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 09:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
19m

Playing scared against the Oaklands of the world will get you those results. Reed was NRFPT and neither were most of the others. Maybe if they'd gotten their feet wet with a win in that first game, they could have dealt with the pressure at that point. That loss was on our players. Cal did everything he could to have them lose. Even took them bowling and treated them to Ellen's pie.
loose   Smile
CBS Sports' latest Mock Draft has Sheppard going #8 to Utah; they also have Memphis taking Dillingham at #7.

Draft lottery is just over two weeks away. It will air on May 12th.
(04-26-2024, 09:58 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: CBS Sports' latest Mock Draft has Sheppard going #8 to Utah; they also have Memphis taking Dillingham at #7.

Draft lottery is just over two weeks away. It will air on May 12th.
Salt Lake City is a long way from Laurel County and the the Boston Celtics are much different from the Oakland Golden Grizzlies. Good luck, young man.
I predict Shepard takes the money of course and runs (great in itself). Doesn’t pan out at the next level, falls out of public eye, people will forget about him over time with occasional pictures when you see him, and 15 years from now leaving Kentucky is his biggest regret in life. At the end of the day, his father reigns supreme in the eyes of the bluegrass as the legend more than his son. If he would have came back one maybe two years, we have no discussion at all. Kuddos to the family for doing what they feel is best and that’s the all mighty dollar. At the end of the day it’s just a piece of paper worthless in value
(04-27-2024, 12:00 AM)Wildcat_blue Wrote: I predict Shepard takes the money of course and runs (great in itself).  Doesn’t pan out at the next level, falls out of public eye, people will forget about him over time with occasional pictures when you see him, and 15 years from now leaving Kentucky is his biggest regret in life.  At the end of the day, his father reigns supreme in the eyes of the bluegrass as the legend more than his son.  If he would have came back one maybe two years, we have no discussion at all.  Kuddos to the family for doing what they feel is best and that’s the all mighty dollar.  At the end of the day it’s just a piece of paper worthless in value
Blue, would you have advised your son to forget about that worthless piece of paper and come back to entertain us Big Blue fans , instead?  If so, you would have committed paternal malfeasance. There's no guarantee Reed would ever find himself in this position again.

Yes, college sports is a sad mess nowadays with transfer portals and NIL , but , at the end of the day, can you blame a kid for wanting to cash a big check?  Reed Sheppard owes you and I absolutely nothing! In today's college basketball landscape, the name on the jersey takes a huge backseat to the Benjamins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(04-27-2024, 03:24 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 12:00 AM)Wildcat_blue Wrote: I predict Shepard takes the money of course and runs (great in itself).  Doesn’t pan out at the next level, falls out of public eye, people will forget about him over time with occasional pictures when you see him, and 15 years from now leaving Kentucky is his biggest regret in life.  At the end of the day, his father reigns supreme in the eyes of the bluegrass as the legend more than his son.  If he would have came back one maybe two years, we have no discussion at all.  Kuddos to the family for doing what they feel is best and that’s the all mighty dollar.  At the end of the day it’s just a piece of paper worthless in value
Blue, would you have advised your son to forget about that worthless piece of paper and come back to entertain us Big Blue fans , instead?  If so, you would have committed paternal malfeasance. There's no guarantee Reed would ever find himself in this position again.

Yes, college sports is a sad mess nowadays with transfer portals and NIL , but , at the end of the day, can you blame a kid for wanting to cash a big check?  Reed Sheppard owes you and I absolutely nothing! In today's college basketball landscape, the name on the jersey takes a huge backseat to the Benjamins.
Personally Reed grows older and finds that money isn’t the main thing to happiness.  Of course, at this age it’s appealing and a must.  In time, personally he regrets not playing for BBN because it was the greatest time in his life.  Owes me and you nothing, moral of the story, money doesn’t buy you happiness!  In the long run he will see that and look back with regret!  Go make it while you can, but there is more too life.  It’s only a worthless piece of paper at the end of the day vs a lifetime of self fulfillment!  He may be contempt with that and good with his decision but more than likely the odds are against him.  Reed isn’t going to be a good NBA player and will be in a corner one day with his emotions of greed vs the game he loves to his soul.  All I’m saying.