Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Panthers?
Anybody know how they're going to be this year?What your thoughts?
I don't know what there returning this year, but like always, they will have one of the top teams in the 15th region.
i don't really know of anyone from Pikeville
except for a couple
they don't seem to have the big names that they used to
who do they have?...lol
they pretty much have everyone back. They have a huge Junior class. After this year they will hurt
From what I saw last year at the Tanner class, they had a very young team. But this will definitely benefit them once they are grown to upper classmen.
Very good in the underclasses. I do not know what is in the Senior Class.
The Panthers will have a lot of senoir leadership to guide them to a 59th district crown and they could make some noise in the 15th with pitching from Ward and Huffman.
Will Ward will have a great year. How many seniors are on this team?
They are very young but they should be one of the top teams in the region this year.
canewarning93 Wrote:The Panthers will have a lot of senoir leadership to guide them to a 59th district crown and they could make some noise in the 15th with pitching from Ward and Huffman.

I heard from a reliable source in Pikeville that Huffman is having shoulder surgery and will miss most of the season...
Anyone know if this is true?
I saw him yesterday working out in the weight room with no signs of a bad shoulder.
On another note, Former Paintsville Tiger and Pikeville College Bear Adam Collins will be helping out the Panthers this year. I think he will be a great addition to Pikeville. I hoipe he gets to stick around here for a while.
I agree Train 85 , Collins will be a great addition to the staff.Also look for pikeville and their new JR high baseball team. Who will be coaching this team?
TRAIN85 Wrote:I saw him yesterday working out in the weight room with no signs of a bad shoulder.
On another note, Former Paintsville Tiger and Pikeville College Bear Adam Collins will be helping out the Panthers this year. I think he will be a great addition to Pikeville. I hoipe he gets to stick around here for a while.
He was a nice playerand I'm sure will be a great coach and a great addition to the staff at PHS.
Let's not forget about Daniel Harmon, Watson Ritchie, and super soph Scott Mcdonald. These three should be absolute studs this year. On a side note: I believe that the addition of the middle school baseball team will only help Pikeville baseball. We have a rich tradition that will only grow stronger noe that kids will be able to play together longer. This really help with team chemistry and development. I only wish I had the time to offer to the baseball because I would love to help.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Let's not forget about Daniel Harmon, Watson Ritchie, and super soph Scott Mcdonald. These three should be absolute studs this year. On a side note: I believe that the addition of the middle school baseball team will only help Pikeville baseball. We have a rich tradition that will only grow stronger noe that kids will be able to play together longer. This really help with team chemistry and development. I only wish I had the time to offer to the baseball because I would love to help.
Scott is a player. But I think he needs to be in the outfield with his speed and arm, and the fact he isn't a very good fielder. But he can knock the daylights out of the baseball.
is harmon playing baseball this year?
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:is harmon playing baseball this year?
Yes.
Harmon has excellent speed and plays hard, enjoy watching him. Ward will be relied on a lot this year. Huffman could have a very good year, on the mound. Hope the discussion on his shoulder, is not true and he is okay.

McDonald, hits for surprising power, considering he's not real big. Pikeville has several younger players, that will get a chance and be productive.
Patrick Keene did a nice job starting behind the plate as a freshmen. He works real hard and will only improve.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Harmon has excellent speed and plays hard, enjoy watching him. Ward will be relied on a lot this year. Huffman could have a very good year, on the mound. Hope the discussion on his shoulder, is not true and he is okay.

McDonald, hits for surprising power, considering he's not real big. Pikeville has several younger players, that will get a chance and be productive.
His bat speed is unreal. He turns on the ball almost too much and it way start causing him problems if he doesn't start hitting it the other way some. But He definitely has some power.
The 15th region better watch out for Pikeville because they have some dedicated kids that are working their butts off right now and have been for a while.