Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liam Coen
Anyone else very nervous about Coen leaving again? Reading the tea leaves, things don't look great. I also think that it's risky for him to try to take some of the NFL jobs he's being associated with so soon after he'd been unsuccessful with the Rams. 

I don't know that being the offensive coordinator for the Chicago Bears, who were a dumpster fire this past season and play plenty of games in terrible conditions, is ideal. The Cleveland Browns' situation is better, but it's also not thought of as one of the more prestigious NFL franchises. Others are saying that there's an outside chance that the Titans kick the tires. 

Here's to hoping that Coen stays and the expected roster remains intact. Unsure what to make of some of the comments about Brock Vandagriff. It's my understanding that he's currently enrolled and would have to essentially transfer again if he chose to leave. Maybe it's just click-bait, but some of the headlines about him "awaiting Coen's decision" are a little worrisome.
Why is everyone infatuated with Coen.
It does seem a little hard to figure. His year with the Rams wasn’t good by any measure. And this year, he didn’t get much out of a supposed top-notch qb (although I still think Leary was damaged goods, surely he couldn’t have been that far off of his N C State performances if he was totally healthy). I’d bet Coen is back in Lexington this fall. But my picks of late haven’t been too on the money, so we’ll see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(01-19-2024, 11:03 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Why is everyone infatuated with Coen.

Say what you want about the NFL, but it's a copycat league. He's a young guy who doesn't really seem to have immediate aspirations of becoming a head coach that is from a coaching tree that everyone else is trying to hire from as well.

(01-19-2024, 11:14 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: It does seem a little hard to figure. His year with the Rams wasn’t good by any measure. And this year, he didn’t get much out of a supposed top-notch qb (although I still think Leary was damaged goods, surely he couldn’t have been that far off of his N C State performances if he was totally healthy). I’d bet Coen is back in Lexington this fall. But my picks of late haven’t been too on the money, so we’ll see.

I feel a lot better about him coming back now that I've seen some of the other names that are linked to the jobs that he was associated with.

Think Coen is in a great spot at Kentucky and that it's a great fit for both he and the program given where each currently stands.

I hope he one day leaves Kentucky to become an NFL head coach or has a prestigious NFL OC role thrown at him because that probably means he's been extremely successful in Lexington.
(01-19-2024, 11:03 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Why is everyone infatuated with Coen.
Did you not see Stoops offense before Coen?
Welp, looks like it happened.
(02-02-2024, 04:31 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Welp, looks like it happened.

Its a positive IMO.
Justin Haddix for $200, Alex.

That would be fun. lol