Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job Lincoln County
Released today Via Facebook 

Jaggers resigned today and told WPBK-FM, “I appreciate all the people who supported the program during my time here. I want nothing but the best for the players, both present and past.”
=======
Press Release:
Lincoln County Football Head Coach Josh Jaggers resigned as head coach today. “We are appreciative of the job Josh has done for us and wish him the best going forward,” said Principal Michael Godbey. The search for the next head football coach will begin immediately.

-LCAthletics-

who do we think gets this job?
(02-01-2024, 06:33 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: who do we think gets this job?

My best guess....some coach who's okay with having a couple of whiney parents who wanted a different guy to get hired complain to the right administrator until they give him the boot.

I don't think you could pay me enough to take the job at Lincoln County.
[-] The following 3 users Like TheOracle's post:
  • Bob Paulson, Rock nation, Walt Longmire
(02-01-2024, 09:01 PM)TheOracle Wrote: My best guess....some coach who's okay with having a couple of whiney parents who wanted a different guy to get hired complain to the right administrator until they give him the boot.

I don't think you could pay me enough to take the job at Lincoln County.

I'll second this.
Same reason Johnny Hines left Pulaski couple butthurt parents didn't get their way and went whining to admin.
I think the whole Hines Situation was Less about the Parents and more about what he said at the banquet you can not go to a team banquet celebrating teams season and then Trash all the people their claiming their sons are cancers in the locker room
(02-01-2024, 10:11 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: I think the whole Hines Situation was Less about the Parents and more about what he said at the banquet you can not go to a team banquet celebrating teams season and then Trash all the people their claiming their sons are cancers in the locker room

You haven't been following the situation at Pulaski County for very long then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheOracle's post:
  • Jack Lambert
1. Some programs wonder why they are turds
2. Coaches should never go home and coach
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(02-01-2024, 10:43 PM)plantmanky Wrote: 1.  Some programs wonder why they are turds
2.  Coaches should never go home and coach

Agreed on both counts. (Unless your name is Mike Glaser, Mike Yeagle, or Dale Mueller, in which case we'll give you a pass.)
Yep main one is a booster club parent that's upset that his 5'6 son wasn't getting the back up reps at qb. A Freshman that's way better and more athletic beat him out. Parent gets mad, gets a bunch of other members to join to get Josh out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • Hazlett72
Any chance that the Baerlein guy goes back? Not sure of the situation at Bourbon but football wise I would suspect the future looks much brighter at Lincoln as far as the jimmies and joes.
(02-01-2024, 10:11 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: I think the whole Hines Situation was Less about the Parents and more about what he said at the banquet you can not go to a team banquet celebrating teams season and then Trash all the people their claiming their sons are cancers in the locker room

It probably didn't help that Hines was 1-8 against Southwestern since Foley took over there.
Well played, disgruntled football parents of Lincoln County…I suspect the programs at Rockcastle, Boyle, Pulaski and Somerset wholeheartedly support your righteous crusade.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gitback Coach's post:
  • Bob Paulson, Walt Longmire
Any Chance Boyle JV coach Boone Goldsmith Applies for the job his name was thrown around for the job last time it was open
(02-03-2024, 01:04 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: Any Chance Boyle JV coach Boone Goldsmith Applies for the job his name was thrown around for the job last time it was open

I have a text string that includes 2 retired HC's, 1 retired asst coach, 1 current HC, and 3 current asst coaches. Three of them are in the general vicinity of what I guess you could call "greater Lexington". They were saying yesterday that the initial buzz after word got out about how Lincoln County took a big ol dooky on yet another one of their coaches and showed him the door, was that most folks in the football coaching biz don't forsee many applications making their way to Brad Petrey's desk. And I think Petrey can thank a handful of wonderful parents of players on the Patriots football team for that, first and foremost. And secondly he can thank the folks in the district and admin offices who decided to listen to the nonsensical daddy-ball jibber jabber from the dads of a wr and freshman qb, rather than sitting back and taking a logical look at the good situation they had at their school with a football coach who was dedicated to their program and who actually cared about sticking around and trying to make something of it.

I don't see why any man in his right mind would want to leave a program like Boyle County for a place like Lincoln County. And especially not after Lincoln County showed what they think of one of their own wanting to come coach at their old stomping grounds.
Single school counties either excel or get in their own way.
Appears LC is on the wrong end of that spectrum and not turning around anytime soon.
(02-03-2024, 01:04 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: Any Chance Boyle JV coach Boone Goldsmith Applies for the job his name was thrown around for the job last time it was open
Talk to him all the time. Swears never leaving what he’s got. Enjoys being the Jv coach at Boyle
Whoever gets the job will get 3 yrs of free grippo chips if you play the right kids.

Lincoln will be in the same district with Boyle County so they aren't going to win nothing anyways.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • Hazlett72
(02-04-2024, 03:01 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Whoever gets the job will get 3 yrs of free grippo chips if you play the right kids.

Lincoln will be in the same district with Boyle County so they aren't going to win nothing anyways.
I might even send you some grippos to thinks for the free  advertisement
(02-03-2024, 01:35 PM)TheOracle Wrote:

I have a text string that includes 2 retired HC's, 1 retired asst coach, 1 current HC, and 3 current asst coaches. Three of them are in the general vicinity of what I guess you could call "greater Lexington". They were saying yesterday that the initial buzz after word got out about how Lincoln County took a big ol dooky on yet another one of their coaches and showed him the door, was that most folks in the football coaching biz don't forsee many applications making their way to Brad Petrey's desk. And I think Petrey can thank a handful of wonderful parents of players on the Patriots football team for that, first and foremost. And secondly he can thank the folks in the district and admin offices who decided to listen to the nonsensical daddy-ball jibber jabber from the dads of a wr and freshman qb, rather than sitting back and taking a logical look at the good situation they had at their school with a football coach who was dedicated to their program and who actually cared about sticking around and trying to make something of it.

I don't see why any man in his right mind would want to leave a program like Boyle County for a place like Lincoln County. And especially not after Lincoln County showed what they think of one of their own wanting to come coach at their old stomping grounds.
If you really think that 2 parents out of 60-65 kids have that much pull that don’t even have the last names in Lincoln then that makes this the funniest comment I’ve ever read!!
(02-05-2024, 07:01 PM)Hazlett72 Wrote:

If you really think that 2 parents out of 60-65 kids have that much pull that don’t even have the last names in Lincoln then that makes this the funniest comment I’ve ever read!!

It doesn't take much in a single school small town. I've been around a few years and it baffles me more each year why parents would rather their kids be given a position and make the team worse than work hard to earn the position to make the team better. I like Jaggers and I hope he stood his ground and made them force him out rather than give into a few parents, and if one of those parents is watching the message board I hope you get the coach you're looking for and they sit your kid until they earn the position they want.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • TheOracle
If Levi Rogers gets the job watch how the parents control him. Lincoln County football is a joke. There's no Clayton Davis's on the current roster or Middle School coming up.
(02-07-2024, 04:07 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: If Levi Rogers gets the job watch how the parents control him. Lincoln County football is a joke. There's no Clayton Davis's on the current roster or Middle School coming up.

This sums up the majority of the thread. If people are so negative, why comment? To think people wonder by coaches, administrators, teachers are leaving the profession, it's because of constant negative comments by those around it. "Lincoln County Football is a joke." Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. I've seen one name mentioned for this job and the rest of the thread is bashing the program, parents, and boosters. Who the hell would even want a job like this, or any job? If I'm Levi Rogers, I'm not going home until home has changed. This is the only thread I have found that has invovled such personal attacks toward those in the and around the program. Do better people. Rant over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldBallCoach1's post:
  • Hazlett72

They sure can have that much pull when the wr's dad is longtime boyfriend to a school board member.

You trying to act like you aren't one of the main reasons Jaggers was submarined is one of the funniest comments I've ever read!!
[-] The following 2 users Like TheOracle's post:
  • Bob Paulson, Footballfan33
Have any candidates been confirmed?
(02-07-2024, 03:03 PM)TheOracle Wrote:

They sure can have that much pull when the wr's dad is longtime boyfriend to a school board member.

You trying to act like you aren't one of the main reasons Jaggers was submarined is one of the funniest comments I've ever read!!

Hit the nail on the head.

Hazlett's dad and Carrier's dad literally spent the entire season seeing to it that they lost a man his actual job, and now they're both out there saying that it wasn't them. We all heard it all the time though. Need only head down to Bluegrass Billiards to hear Carrier going on and on about how terrible coach was and how great his kid actually is. 5'6" and slower than molasses in January with no hands. And then the other guy's son is 5'9" went 1-11 passing with 1 interception....and those two dads think their boys are gonna be playing for the Wolverines or Bulldogs in a few years. So they go and get a man fired because in their educated opinion, their boys are ready to get drafted into the NFL.

Lincoln Co folks gonna do what Lincoln Co folks do.

(02-07-2024, 04:53 PM)FastScreen435 Wrote: Have any candidates been confirmed?

I'd be shocked if Coach Cooper hasn't put in for the job yet. He interviewed the last time around. Wasn't fond of Jaggers at all after Jaggers beat him out for the job, and Coop didn't make many secrets about that. Seems like he oughta be willing to put his money where his mouth is now that the job is open again.

And I truly hope for Levi's sake that he stays away from here. Lincoln Co isn't a good career decision for anyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bob Paulson's post:
  • Hazlett72
I have heard Pulaski County's Phil Russell is going to put in for the job

First off wrong carrier since you know it all the carrier who’s dating the board member son is in 2nd grade check your facts !! Wrong carrier !!!
second I worked with josh with little league and anything he needed help with nobody wanted him to fail my son is the Jv Qb he wasn’t better than the starter. He’s a sophomore got a lot of learning to do. Nobody thinks my son is d1 or deserving of starting he will earn what’s given. I had a talk with josh not about playing time but have him ready for when it’s time just like my oldest son that played under Spencer. He played at union and graduated debt free with a double major for playing football. Lincoln hasn’t ran as many coaches off like you think now with Robbie I don’t know only what I herd. Travis left to go back home to Boyle… Spencer left to go back home to garrard ..

Wrong like I said this is my real name not a fake profile name I’m not hiding anything come meet me we will go to every board member and and super and ask them face to face if I talked to anyone of them or file any complaint. It’s that easy not have a profile on here with a made up name saying im the one who submarine josh. Or just send me a message on any question you may have.
Been a long time since I been in the area but sounds like not much has changed
The issue I see is the Lincoln football faithful are stuck in the past when they had some success and think it's just going to come back. There seems to be little support from admin to truly do what needs to be done. I know it's all basketball all the time over there but Lincoln is a big county and there should be more emphasis put on football from the little league through the varsity levels. Until a collective group decides to actually put in the work needed to be done, it will continue to be out of this world expectations with little results.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FastScreen435's post:
  • Hazlett72
I'd hire a guy who does more with that they have. Not every school can "build" the roster from surrounding counties... Give me the guys who coach and win with who is there. Just my opinion.... The call should be to Coach Levi Rogers.