5. Lawrence 
6. Betsy Lane
7. Johnson County 
8. Floyd Central
9. Prestonsburg
10. Shelby Valley

Thoughts?
Thats Pretty close only switch id do is  5 & 8
Better rethink that change after last nights game at Floyd!
1 Pikeville.
2. Martin
3. Pike Central
4. Magoffin
5. Betsy Layne
6. Lawrence
7. Johnson County
8. Floyd Central
9. Paintsville
10. Prestonsburg
11. Phelps
1 Pikeville- Favorites simply via defeating Martin County earlier.
2. Martin County- Pre season favorites and defending champions. Certainly as close to ranking 1A as they come.
3. Magoffin- Barnett can carry them all the way. I think he will be focused in the postseason.
4. Pike Central- Can win it, but need someone to step up to help the big two. Consistency has been a problem.
5. Lawrence- top level coach is getting the most out of these boys.
6. Betsy Layne- finally healthy, but really have been inconsistent all year. Need some type of structure however as run and gun only goes so far.
7. Floyd Central- B. Moore being healthy means they are back to being a legitimate region contender.
8. Johnson Central- defensive issues abound, but the next three seasons look bright.
9. Paintsville- Young and dangerous. Expect them and JC to battle it out next three years.
10. Prestonsburg- Keep hearing the circus has come to town with the discord between just about everyone involved with the program. Keep it together and they can win.
11. Shelby Valley- They play great in spurts, but they are a hard team to figure out. Should be better than this.
12. Phelps- Weddington makes them look like an above average team by himself. Maybe he can draw in some future talent too.
13. East Ridge- Keene has been the star and Damron has stepped it up, but they need help.
14. Belfry- A large school that no one wants to play for? Need a culture change asap.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pikecoballer's post:
  • 15rocks
(02-09-2024, 01:13 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote: 1 Pikeville- Favorites simply via defeating Martin County earlier.
2. Martin County- Pre season favorites and defending champions.  Certainly as close to ranking 1A as they come.
3. Magoffin- Barnett can carry them all the way.  I think he will be focused in the postseason.
4. Pike Central- Can win it, but need someone to step up to help the big two.  Consistency has been a problem.
6. Betsy Layne- finally healthy, but really have been inconsistent all year.  Need some type of structure however as run and gun only goes so far.
7. Floyd Central- B. Moore being healthy means they are back to being a legitimate region contender.
8. Johnson Central- defensive issues abound, but the next three seasons look bright.
9. Paintsville- Young and dangerous. Expect them and JC to battle it out next three years.
10. Prestonsburg- Keep hearing the circus has come to town with the discord between just about everyone involved with the program.  Keep it together and they can win.
11. Shelby Valley- They play great in spurts, but they are a hard team to figure out.  Should be better than this.
12. Phelps- Weddington makes them look like an above average team by himself.  Maybe he can draw in some future talent too.
13. East Ridge- Keene has been the star and Damron has stepped it up, but they need help.
14. Belfry- A large school that no one wants to play for?  Need a culture change asap.

This is a spectacular break down and got it down to a tee for each team.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-09-2024, 01:13 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote: 1 Pikeville- Favorites simply via defeating Martin County earlier.
2. Martin County- Pre season favorites and defending champions.  Certainly as close to ranking 1A as they come.
3. Magoffin- Barnett can carry them all the way.  I think he will be focused in the postseason.
4. Pike Central- Can win it, but need someone to step up to help the big two.  Consistency has been a problem.
6. Betsy Layne- finally healthy, but really have been inconsistent all year.  Need some type of structure however as run and gun only goes so far.
10. Prestonsburg- Keep hearing the circus has come to town with the discord between just about everyone involved with the program.  Keep it together and they can win.
11. Shelby Valley- They play great in spurts, but they are a hard team to figure out.  Should be better than this.
12. Phelps- Weddington makes them look like an above average team by himself.  Maybe he can draw in some future talent too.
14. Belfry- A large school that no one wants to play for?  Need a culture change asap.
Agree except 3 and 4. I’d still take Rigdon over Barnett. But Stewart could still look like the best player on the floor when these 2 play. Floyd Central seems to be playing their best ball now and are senior heavy which matters. Not sure what you’re referring to with Pburg. Seem to had played their best ball early in the season but haven’t played well lately but not sure what you mean by circus come to town. As for Belfry, they are the worst team. Lost again last night to Phelps. They are 0-9 against 15th region teams including a combined 0-4 against teams 11-13. Ray Charles can see changes need to be made but they won’t happen cause people capable of changing things couldn’t care less.
(02-09-2024, 02:10 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
Agree except 3 and 4. I’d still take Rigdon over Barnett. But Stewart could still look like the best player on the floor when these 2 play. Floyd Central seems to be playing their best ball now and are senior heavy which matters. Not sure what you’re referring to with Pburg. Seem to had played their best ball early in the season but haven’t played well lately but not sure what you mean by circus come to town. As for Belfry, they are the worst team. Lost again last night to Phelps. They are 0-9 against 15th region teams including a combined 0-4 against teams 11-13. Ray Charles can see changes need to be made but they won’t happen cause people capable of changing things couldn’t care less.
Rigdon is the best player in the region.  I think Barnett has more overall help 2-5.  

The last few games for Prestonsburg that have been streamed has been a free for all in the comments section.  Parents going after each other and the coaches.  People inside the program talking about a lot of negatives coming from outside and how it is putting a wedge between the players.  If you don't know what is going on with Prestonsburg, you simply haven't looked around at what people that know the Blackcats are saying.
(02-09-2024, 02:29 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 02:10 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
Rigdon is the best player in the region.  I think Barnett has more overall help 2-5.  

The last few games for Prestonsburg that have been streamed has been a free for all in the comments section.  Parents going after each other and the coaches.  People inside the program talking about a lot of negatives coming from outside and how it is putting a wedge between the players.  If you don't know what is going on with Prestonsburg, you simply haven't looked around at what people that know the Blackcats are saying.
I rarely use social media so probably why I haven’t seen anything. But I read on here that Parsley probably leaving at end of season and I’d say that is a part of it. A lot of parents want to win but they want to be able to say their kid is why they win. Whatever is going on it does sound like it’s a headache for the coaches to deal with cause you got parents at home telling them different
 Large school? Belfry played in the All A and would be 2a in football. 
I agree they need change asap, first get rid of the cronyism that’s destroyed the place. They also need to investigate the administration for the sexual abuse that was allowed for years by coaches.
(02-09-2024, 03:30 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote:
 Large school? Belfry played in the All A and would be 2a in football. 
I agree they need change asap, first get rid of the cronyism that’s destroyed the place. They also need to investigate the administration for the sexual abuse that was allowed for years by coaches.
One of the larger schools in the 15th previously.  I would guess they have lost some students since they did drop down to All A qualification.  Still too large to be this bad.
People keep throwing around nepotism and cronyism with Belfry.

Is the current and previous staff related to the principal or someone in political power?

Thompson is from Johns Creek

Hagy is from Williamson

I would also mention both good to very good players in their day.
(02-09-2024, 04:03 PM)RTruth Wrote: People keep throwing around nepotism and cronyism with Belfry.

Is the current and previous staff related to the principal or someone in political power?

Hagy is from Williamson

When Thompson resigned others from outside the school were interested and were basically told to hit the road. Hagy is also the baseball coach and it’s nearly impossible to do both and be successful. Baseball practice begins next week I believe and games in a months and Belfry still has 2 more weeks left of basketball. I’m not sure if Hagy wanted it or was just approached and said to take it once Thompson resigned mid season but others did want this job. But Belfry is a good example of you can’t project a class that is young to be great or have success when they get older. Belfry had great middle school teams and even won county but now most of those kids no longer play basketball. It’s honestly embarrassing how bad they are.
(02-09-2024, 04:03 PM)RTruth Wrote: People keep throwing around nepotism and cronyism with Belfry.

Hagy is from Williamson

Thompson had family that was over the board of education. Please tell me why else Thompson would get the head coaching job at Belfry after failing miserably at Pike Central? Hagy is head coach of two sports at Belfry. Why? Hagy  wanted the basketball job bc both of his kids were playing. Since you’re wondering where the cronyism/nepotism is coming from look at the head coaches for other sports. Former boys soccer head coach and track head coach is son of the middle school principal, no longer coaching after sexual abuse. Former wrestling head coach and football assistant is family with the assistant head coach of football, no longer there after sexual abuse.  Softball head coach is an assistant for football his wife was former volleyball head coach. Athletic director after Haywood is one of his assistants  Not to mention certain athletes being favored bc of who they know or who their family is, that’s been going on for years.
(02-09-2024, 04:55 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote:

Hagy is from Williamson

Thompson had family that was over the board of education. Please tell me why else Thompson would get the head coaching job at Belfry after failing miserably at Pike Central? Hagy is head coach of two sports at Belfry. Why? Hagy  wanted the basketball job bc both of his kids were playing. Since you’re wondering where the cronyism/nepotism is coming from look at the head coaches for other sports. Former boys soccer head coach and track head coach is son of the middle school principal, no longer coaching after sexual abuse. Former wrestling head coach and football assistant is family with the assistant head coach of football, no longer there after sexual abuse.  Softball head coach is an assistant for football his wife was former volleyball head coach. Athletic director after Haywood is one of his assistants  Not to mention certain athletes being favored bc of who they know or who their family is, that’s been going on for years.
If these coaches were having success and winning people wouldn’t complain but Belfry basketball was terrible when Thompson was there and have somehow managed to get worse since Hagy took over. Had one decent team that made it to region semis when Dean, Clark, and Bol Kuir played but not since. Since those kids left they’ve been awful
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • ECU_2010
(02-09-2024, 05:00 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Hagy is from Williamson

If these coaches were having success and winning people wouldn’t complain but Belfry basketball was terrible when Thompson was there and have somehow managed to get worse since Hagy took over. Had one decent team that made it to region semis when Dean, Clark, and Bol Kuir played but not since. Since those kids left they’ve been awful
They’ve also gotten worse because the recruiting has stopped since Thompson left.  He nor anyone else in the school did anything to help build the youth up. I have have friends with kids who say they can’t get in a gym to practice?  Seems to me they’re more worried about making money than building a winning program
(02-09-2024, 05:27 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 05:00 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Hagy is from Williamson

They’ve also gotten worse because the recruiting has stopped since Thompson left.  He nor anyone else in the school did anything to help build the youth up. I have have friends with kids who say they can’t get in a gym to practice?  Seems to me they’re more worried about making money than building a winning program

You say they haven’t been successful in youth sports but they have. Football, baseball, softball, girls and boys basketball all have been successful. I’ve watched them and Pikeville have epic battles.
Or you talking little league stuff?