Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
North Laurel 75 Corbin 71 (2OT)
(02-17-2024, 06:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Can't catch, turn, dribble and shoot in 1.0 s.  It's not a question of class like Hillbilly Hank implied. It's a question of basketball physics. Physics says it can't happen. As any fan who was at the game clearly saw, the clock DID NOT start when Jervis caught the ball but after he turned and dribbled.

The sad part is that this crook will be in a church pew, or worse yet, a confessional, tomorrow morning soaking up some religiosity and confessing his shameful sins from Friday evening. That's how it works in SEKYes
Yes, you can I was there and watched it in real-time & I have watched 4videos online, showing different views of it as well.
He did it! 

In watching the videos, from the moment he catches it he does all of what it takes to complete that shot as qoocl as humanly 
possible, with no wasted motion whatsoever.    Plus, I might also mention that is not the ONLY clutch, longshot like that the kid
has made in his career.   I mean come on man, he's Reed Shepherd's cousin!   They played that exact same shot a million times
growing up.  

The clock guy, you can see in one video, from the moment he catches it to the second it settles on the goal, the light on
the backboard is already red from the moment he catches it there’s not one single frame where the backboard isn’t red as a matter 
of fact..(which was pointed out by someone else on here as well).   Plus, 3 refs were calling that game - watching this kid catch 
a ball, dribble & shoot in 1 second. They all 3 said it was good.   It defies logic on every level to say they were all wrong. 

The shot was good to everyone in the gym but Corbin fans & it doesn't surprise anyone one bit this reaction from them, some
think they are not supposed to lose at anything from the sound of the crying and moaning they do after a loss.. 

And, that family will be in the pews come Sunday morning and they don't have one thing to feel ashamed of nor does anyone
else involved with NL need to confess any sins involving that game.    That was a completely ridiculous remark!
[quote="Old School Hound" pid='2441394' dateline='1706326927']
The Corbin Redhounds were D R E A D F U L !!!!  They were outplayed , outhustled, outcoached , outeverything!  Corbin shot 5 for 28 in the first half(17.8%) and shot just 28% for the game.  The only reason this game wasn't a laugher is that Whitley was pretty bad, as well.  Corbin needs to go back to the drawing board. Seriously, what do these guys do in practice? They looked like they had never played(or practiced) the game before. Swords was much better than Pietrowski tonight. With 4.8 seconds remaining and coming out of a timeout, Corbin allows Whitley to take the ball the length of the court in 3.8 seconds for a game-winning layup. JUST ATROCIOUS !!! Corbin was bad all night but especially bad coming out of timeouts. Maybe the kids were distracted, maybe they just thought they had to show up to win... maybe they're just not very good.

So Whitley goes the length of the court in 3.8 seconds…..But a guy can’t catch dribble once and shoot in 1 second??

Plus by the coaches own admission they were terrible from the free throw line……yeah clearly it was the clock keepers fault.
Boo freaking hoo… about the 1 second because you are 100% wrong!!

I screen recorded the last shot and watched the clip many times on a slow motion timer app, from initial touch until ball out of his hands was between 0.94 - 0.97 seconds. It was 100% under 1 sec.

Congrats North Laurel on a hard fought game, just because someone loses doesn’t mean the other team cheated.
[-] The following 2 users Like fansville's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior, M3b
(02-17-2024, 08:46 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 08:34 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 02:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hounds led by 3 points with 1.4 seconds on the clock and were at the free throw shooting two free throws. Worley missed both foul shots. North rebounds and calls timeout . Now, 1.0 second left. North inbounds the ball , North player catches it from just beyond half court, turns around, dribbles the ball, then heaves a midcourt shot that goes in to tie it.  North goes on to prevail in two extra periods.

I don't know who the clock operator is at North  but I hope to find out so everyone can see who he is.  Granted the game should have been left in the hands of a crooked, scumbag  clock operator. In addition to the two that Worley missed at 1.4 that would have iced it, Corbin shot an almost unbelievable  13 for 30  at the free throw line in the game. Nothing else needs to  be said. One made free throw or one less crooked  scoreboard operator and the Hounds win this one. P needs to get his guys in the gym tomorrow and make them shoot free throws for four hours straight.

What do you think. BGR?  Can a guy catch a pass, turn, dribble the ball and shoot it in 1.0  second?

Doesn't matter.  Corbin should've never been in that spot in the first place.  In the clip that Cactus Jack (thank you) posted, it is clear that when Corbin gets in a stressed playing situation, their defense weakens considerably.  The portions of OT that I saw were poorly coached and poorly played.

The fact that you are blaming all this on a "crooked scumbag clock operator" tells me that you have, again, lost all objectivity.  As far as you are concerned, if Corbin plays; Corbin wins.  All they need to do is show up.  And if they don't win, the blame goes on whomever you can see or determine.

Corbin panicked and lost this game.  Same with HC last night too.  Corbin led by 3 with 1.4 seconds left in the game, AND they were shooting 2 free throws at the time.  smh

I think I said that Corbin should have never been in that situation. It never should have come down to a crooked Laurel Countian. You should have heard the Corbin radio guys if you think Old School was not objective. The pastor said immediately that he was gonna post this on his facebook  page and encouraged everyone to watch it. Yes, Corbin did everything possible to lose a game they should have easily. You never, ever put your fate in the hands of someone from Laurel County. It might cost you a game, or it could cost you your money or your freedom. Most crooked place on earth.  Old School will avoid even the Laurel County part of Corbin. The air even smells questionable there.

(02-18-2024, 02:39 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 08:46 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 08:34 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 02:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hounds led by 3 points with 1.4 seconds on the clock and were at the free throw shooting two free throws. Worley missed both foul shots. North rebounds and calls timeout . Now, 1.0 second left. North inbounds the ball , North player catches it from just beyond half court, turns around, dribbles the ball, then heaves a midcourt shot that goes in to tie it.  North goes on to prevail in two extra periods.

I don't know who the clock operator is at North  but I hope to find out so everyone can see who he is.  Granted the game should have been left in the hands of a crooked, scumbag  clock operator. In addition to the two that Worley missed at 1.4 that would have iced it, Corbin shot an almost unbelievable  13 for 30  at the free throw line in the game. Nothing else needs to  be said. One made free throw or one less crooked  scoreboard operator and the Hounds win this one. P needs to get his guys in the gym tomorrow and make them shoot free throws for four hours straight.

What do you think. BGR?  Can a guy catch a pass, turn, dribble the ball and shoot it in 1.0  second?

Doesn't matter.  Corbin should've never been in that spot in the first place.  In the clip that Cactus Jack (thank you) posted, it is clear that when Corbin gets in a stressed playing situation, their defense weakens considerably.  The portions of OT that I saw were poorly coached and poorly played.

The fact that you are blaming all this on a "crooked scumbag clock operator" tells me that you have, again, lost all objectivity.  As far as you are concerned, if Corbin plays; Corbin wins.  All they need to do is show up.  And if they don't win, the blame goes on whomever you can see or determine.

Corbin panicked and lost this game.  Same with HC last night too.  Corbin led by 3 with 1.4 seconds left in the game, AND they were shooting 2 free throws at the time.  smh

I think I said that Corbin should have never been in that situation. It never should have come down to a crooked Laurel Countian. You should have heard the Corbin radio guys if you think Old School was not objective. The pastor said immediately that he was gonna post this on his facebook  page and encouraged everyone to watch it. Yes, Corbin did everything possible to lose a game they should have easily. You never, ever put your fate in the hands of someone from Laurel County. It might cost you a game, or it could cost you your money or your freedom. Most crooked place on earth.  Old School will avoid even the Laurel County part of Corbin. The air even smells questionable there.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior, M3b
I stand by all of my previous words. Every. Damn. One. I even talked to a physicist from a local college. He said a catch, turn, dribble, shoot is impossible in 1.0 seconds. I'm following the science.

Bottomline, the clock did not start as soon as the ball touched Jervis' hands. The clock operator is a scoundrel.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/13thregi...313736243/

For any doubters go to the 13th Region Media Network (Boys Basketball Page) on Facebook
it has the video with the clock together on the same page - just scroll down on the page and
you will find it.. Obvious that the shot was good!
Can't catch, turn, dribble, and shoot in 1.0 s. Try it. Lebron couldn't even do that.
(02-18-2024, 04:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Can't catch, turn, dribble, and shoot in 1.0 s. Try it. Lebron couldn't even do that.
Technically speaking, its only dribble and shoot.  Clock starts on the catch so mentioning the catch means nothing since the process of the catch takes no time off. Turning is simultaneous to the dribble. I think we all can agree that dribbling is faster than shooting.  Not sure about your physicist buddy but it takes Curry .4 seconds to get his shot off.  Just takes a quick google search to look that up.  I think we all can agree that taking 1 dribble is quicker than taking a shot. The math says it can be done.  I even went as far to ask Chatgpt AI and here is the response.Yes, it's possible to dribble and shoot a basketball for a buzzer-beater with 1 second left on the clock, although it requires quick action and precise execution. In such a scenario, the player who receives the inbound pass would have just enough time for a very quick dribble before taking the shot.

I like the determination of not letting it go though.  Gotta respect that.  I find the science behind it all interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CriticalThinker's post:
  • M3b
(02-19-2024, 02:09 AM)CriticalThinker Wrote:
(02-18-2024, 04:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Can't catch, turn, dribble, and shoot in 1.0 s. Try it. Lebron couldn't even do that.
Technically speaking, its only dribble and shoot.  Clock starts on the catch so mentioning the catch means nothing since the process of the catch takes no time off. Turning is simultaneous to the dribble. I think we all can agree that dribbling is faster than shooting.  Not sure about your physicist buddy but it takes Curry .4 seconds to get his shot off.  Just takes a quick google search to look that up.  I think we all can agree that taking 1 dribble is quicker than taking a shot. The math says it can be done.  I even went as far to ask Chatgpt AI and here is the response.Yes, it's possible to dribble and shoot a basketball for a buzzer-beater with 1 second left on the clock, although it requires quick action and precise execution. In such a scenario, the player who receives the inbound pass would have just enough time for a very quick dribble before taking the shot.

I like the determination of not letting it go though.  Gotta respect that.  I find the science behind it all interesting.

As a scientist, I agree the science is very interesting, I always enjoyed those segments on ESPN where the science of various sporting actions were analyzed.  I will say this. The young man, Cole Jervis, executed the play about as well as one could.
Lost in all of the last play shenanigans was the game Cole Jervis had. He was outstanding. Had over 30 points, I believe. Good kid from what I hear.
(02-18-2024, 02:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I stand by all of my previous words. Every. Damn. One.  I even talked to a physicist from a local college. He said a catch, turn, dribble, shoot is impossible in 1.0 seconds. I'm following the science.

Bottomline, the clock did not start as soon as the ball touched Jervis' hands. The clock operator is a scoundrel.
This is so ridiculous I just can't scroll past it!!  I would list the reasons WHY it's so ridiculous but there isn't enough room.

This your pseudo account OSH???
(02-19-2024, 11:56 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(02-18-2024, 02:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I stand by all of my previous words. Every. Damn. One.  I even talked to a physicist from a local college. He said a catch, turn, dribble, shoot is impossible in 1.0 seconds. I'm following the science.

This is so ridiculous I just can't scroll past it!!  I would list the reasons WHY it's so ridiculous but there isn't enough room.

This your pseudo account OSH???
Nope, I have just one.  But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. Also, there are a handful of critical thinkers in SEKY besides Old School. Just a handful, though. Critical thinking is an underappreciated art.  I agree with Critical Thinker. I find the science of sports very interesting.
Reading some of these comments makes one scratch their head and wonder what in the world some people are thinking? How could anyone say with a straight face that the clock didn’t start on time and the shot shouldn’t have counted? lol How many times do you hear people say let the kids decide the game or the referees determined the outcome or something similar. Just like anything else, some things must only apply when they are for the benefit of certain ones. Imagine the outrage and ridicule that would be going on right now if the officials had decided to not count the shot and took away a kids lifetime memory…wow lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrBasketball78's post:
  • M3b
You have to take in human response time on everything.  With that being said, slowing down the video.  Clock started on time and ball had left the hand of the shooter when horn sounded.  If Corbin had shot better from the free throw line wouldn’t even been a discussion.  Who else goes on the road and shoots 30 something free throws in the 13th region.  Seriously, Corbin just got outplayed that night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chapin's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior