Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Mr. President
This is a video of PINK singing a song to President Bush.... Let's hear some thoughts on this one after you watch it......Title of the song:::: Dear Mr. President

She makes some good points but the song really sucks.
LOLOL.... I like her music!!!
Sorry,............. not feeling Pink.
I LOVE this song! I think it is so pretty. And Pink is a really great artist. She tells it like it is and doesn't care. I've liked it for a while, but I just saw this thread.
I'm on my iPod right now but in afraid its going to be the same old stuff. I'll try to watch when I get home.
I hate it...just another point of how celebrities are hipocrits. She's asking him how he sleeps at night when she is riding around in all her cars and her million dollar homes and all this other ****. He has more stress than she can even think about having. She needs to look in the mirror.
I agree with that...I like George W. (please don't hate me ya'll) But I just like that song. Not necessarily what she is saying, but I just think it is pretty. I like the way she sings it
I'm a republican and I voted for George Bush...I dont agree with some of his decisions but I agree with alot of them. People like Pink think they know what thier talking about when they talk about the troops and Iraq but they really have no clue.
i agree Smile
I SO AGREE VUNDY33 with everything you said in your last post!
I believe the hair-dye has soaked into her brain. You can sing whiny songs about anybody in charge of anything. To act as if our president has no feelings just shows how shallow her thought processes are. I for one believe the president has honorable intentions. I cannot say the same about her song.
LOLOL.... She just voices her opinion in lyrics...... Each of us have our own opinions about the President and how our government works..... Hers just has music in it.. Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:LOLOL.... She just voices her opinion in lyrics...... Each of us have our own opinions about the President and how our government works..... Hers just has music in it.. Smile

Of course, we're just having some fun criticising her like she does everyone. :popcorn:
vundy33 Wrote:Of course, we're just having some fun criticising her like she does everyone. :popcorn:

YEP.... and we aren't singing!!! :BigLaugh:

phs1986 Wrote:YEP.... and we aren't singing!!! :BigLaugh:

So, do you agree with anything she says in the song?
In the Viet Nam era, a group of students came in to a class and wanted to "protest this whole lousy war." The teacher pulled down a world map and said, "If you can point out Viet Nam, you can protest." They could not. He threw them out of his class. I wonder if Pink's mother was part of that group that got booted? I am no fan of this President, however, I am also no fan of the novitiate pontificating to the elder using words without knowledge.
vundy33 Wrote:So, do you agree with anything she says in the song?

I'm not gonna go there!! LOLOL.... I have my own opinions about the pro's and con's of the song... and I just wanted some feedback on the lyrics and what people thought about it... Big Grin

vundy33 Wrote:I hate it...just another point of how celebrities are hipocrits. She's asking him how he sleeps at night when she is riding around in all her cars and her million dollar homes and all this other ****. He has more stress than she can even think about having. She needs to look in the mirror.

Excellent point. I cracked up when she said in the song "I bet you haven't worked a day in your life." She's really one to say something like that, someone who makes millions of dollars for singing songs...

I don't think Pink is exactly living paycheck-to-paycheck, either.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just some quick info that I found on Pink.... Thought this might interest you all since you seem to dislike her so much...... LOLOL....

Her father is a Vietnam Veteran.

Personal Quotes

"My dad raised me with some good advice: 'Always tell the truth. Always shoot from the hip. You might not have many friends, but you'll never have enemies, because people will always know where you're coming from.'"

"I decided at 15 that I didn't want to be one of those artists that gets up and sings love songs they don't mean,"

Music was a major part of her childhood, her father left an indelible print on her through his guitar lessons, educating her in the likes of Dylan and McLean.

Pink grew up in a small town just outside Philadelphia

made her singing debut at the age of thirteen

Well after More Cowbell mentioned that lyric about not working a day in his life I thought that she might have worked a little while before she got into music..but now I dislike her even more because she got into it to early to even get a regular job.

I bet she doesn't even know what labor is..
Actaully she didn't make it big back then. She (like so many other artists) struggled to get noticed. I've watched tons of biographies on her and read tons of them too. She did lead a rough life. It wasn't picture perfect. She was sexually abused, her parents divorced (which happens to a lot of people), and she overcame some drug addictions. She's no Britney Spears. She worked her way into the business going from label to label being rejected many times.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Actaully she didn't make it big back then. She (like so many other artists) struggled to get noticed. I've watched tons of biographies on her and read tons of them too. She did lead a rough life. It wasn't picture perfect. She was sexually abused, her parents divorced (which happens to a lot of people), and she overcame some drug addictions. She's no Britney Spears. She worked her way into the business going from label to label being rejected many times.

Alot of people go through that...still no right to be hypocritical like she is.
vundy33 Wrote:Alot of people go through that...still no right to be hypocritical like she is.

I don't really think she is "hypocritical" just opinionated. Like stated in her bio... she shoots from the hip and tells the truth... IMO... that is how she sees it......

I don't think every successful singer/musician has been sexually abused, come from divorced parents, and endured everything that she has had to during her young life. Her life has not been picture perfect. So she speaks her peace.... we all have that right!! Don't we??

Yes but IMO some shouldn't with the crap they spit out...and she IS hypocritical. Heres a couple of these ridiculous lyrics....

How do you sleep while the rest of us cry
How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye
How do you walk with your head held high
Can you even look me in the eye
And tell me why

She doesn't know what the **** shes talking about...She needs to sign her *** up for the Army if she wants to talk ****.

Let me tell you bout hard work
Minimum wage with a baby on the way
Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away
Building a bed out of a cardboard box
Hard work
Hard work
You don't know nothing bout hard work
Hard work
Hard work
Oh

Talking about hard work...ha like she knows. While the bombs take them away? Thats what a war is. Bush doesn't want to hurt innocent people. It comes with the territory of war...she should be singing about how the terrorists occupy schools and houses with kids hoping the military will kill them.

Dear Mr. President
Were you a lonely boy
Are you a lonely boy
Are you a lonely boy
How can you say
No child is left behind
We're not dumb and we're not blind
They're all sitting in your cells
While you pave the road to ****

Wonder how much of her money she actually helps people with? Yeah she can whine about war but she's not doing anything to help the cause.
phs1986 Wrote:I don't really think she is "hypocritical" just opinionated. Like stated in her bio... she shoots from the hip and tells the truth... IMO... that is how she sees it......

I don't think every successful singer/musician has been sexually abused, come from divorced parents, and endured everything that she has had to during her young life. Her life has not been picture perfect. So she speaks her peace.... we all have that right!! Don't we??

Whoever uses that right to say dumb things while they sit back in their perfect little rich life while the soldiers and officials there talking about are being shot at and stressed to an unbelievable degree should have it taken away. Not every freedom is free. WE are the **** reason she can talk all this ****...it makes me sick.
Okay... here is the definition for hypocritical:::

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs

Okay... Here is opinionated:::

Holding stubbornly and often unreasonably to one's own opinions

Personally... I feel that opinionated is what she is. She is not trying to be/do something that she isn't. She is STUBBORNLY sticking to her own opinion. You have your right to read into the lyrics of the song whatever you feel. That is our freedom here in the good ole' USA.
BUT... she is correct that we do have many living in cardboard boxes... THAT have served their time defending our county.
There are many mothers not getting to say goodbye to their children.
I'm not even gonna go on the "no child left behind" thing...
Minimum wage is a joke.. PERIOD!!!
AND... Bush is/was in oil.... JUST how hard to you think he has actually worked??? He has been in politics for UH... how long??? She is only 19/20 years old. He could be her daddy.... almost twice!! She is young and more or less a rebel.... I wonder what Bush would say if it were his daughter singing that song????

LMAO!!!!

Closed!!!