Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Open Job: North Laurel
Well with the job open lots of possibilities for some movement locally. Who puts in for this one?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan
Phil Russell of Pulaski County is applying for this job
I personally think this job will get a bunch of  applications. 

North has a good talent pool and just needs to keep the ship pointed in the right direction.
Why does everyone think this job is good, what am I missing?
Nick Mills from Boyle is gaining attention in the Prestonsburg search, any chance his name pops up here too?
Any chance G.J Wooldridge (Northern Middle HC at Pulaski School system) applies for this job? I heard he applied for the PC HC position. Good program developer, I think he is a rising star throughout the state.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 4AKentuckyBoy's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-22-2024, 11:35 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Why does everyone think this job is good, what am I missing?

I know the talent pool and North has plenty. Got lots of friends kids there. Definitely a good job.
(02-22-2024, 12:48 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 11:35 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Why does everyone think this job is good, what am I missing?

I know the talent pool and North has plenty. Got lots of friends kids there. Definitely a good job.

I always hear that, and seen it up close when the middle school here played them in the state game.. and then played again last season. But they always seem to stay middle of the road, and not keep coaches long.
name I heard from my buddy down that way is Mikey Haynes
(02-22-2024, 01:21 PM)FCSPY Wrote:

I always hear that, and seen it up close when the middle school here played them in the state game.. and then played again last season. But they always seem to stay middle of the road, and not keep coaches long.

They only had 1 coaching change of lately.
Basketball school.
(02-22-2024, 02:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

They have had 4 different head coaches in 4 years.
(02-22-2024, 05:49 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: Basketball school.
They had a most likely lottery pick in the upcoming NBA draft for 5 years of high school basketball with 2 region championships to show for it, you can’t get much more dysfunctional….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-22-2024, 09:36 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

I’ll take and buy you 2 steak dinners at your choosing if you can name the 4 head coaches that North has had in the last 4 years.
  • North laurel Fan
(02-22-2024, 09:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
They had a most likely lottery pick in the upcoming NBA draft for 5 years of high school basketball with 2 region championships to show for it, you can’t get much more dysfunctional….

Reed is my favorite player.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan, TD Hounds
(02-22-2024, 09:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 12:48 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I know the talent pool and North has plenty. Got lots of friends kids there. Definitely a good job.

I’ll take and buy you 2 steak dinners at your choosing if you can name the 4 head coaches that North has had in the last 4 years.

How about 5 in 6 years

Joey McKnight
Richard Boothe
Chris Fultz
Aaron Fugate
Vincent Rotondi

Get your credit card ready. I like to eat.
Word coming out of London is they’re putting the full court press on Perry’s OC Chuck Fugate to take the job
(02-22-2024, 10:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I’d love for his coach to explain how the most efficient guard in the country doesn’t start…Cal is another one I’d like to see in the unemployment line….

(02-23-2024, 10:11 AM)plantmanky Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 01:21 PM)FCSPY Wrote: I always hear that, and seen it up close when the middle school here played them in the state game.. and then played again last season. But they always seem to stay middle of the road, and not keep coaches long.

How about 5 in 6 years

Joey McKnight
Richard Boothe
Chris Fultz
Aaron Fugate
Vincent Rotondi

I’m not sure where you’ve came up with all these names at but Chris Larkey was the North Laurel coach for well over a decade before he went back to Rockastle Co and was replaced at North by Jason Chappel…..
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-23-2024, 12:07 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I’d love for his coach to explain how the most efficient guard in the country doesn’t start…Cal is another one I’d like to see in the unemployment line….

(02-22-2024, 02:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: They only had 1 coaching change of lately.

How about 5 in 6 years

Joey McKnight
Richard Boothe
Chris Fultz
Aaron Fugate
Vincent Rotondi

I’m not sure where you’ve came up with all these names at but Chris Larkey was the North Laurel coach for well over a decade before he went back to Rockastle Co and was replaced at North by Jason Chappel…..

Discussion was about MS coaches, not HS.
(02-23-2024, 12:41 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

(02-22-2024, 09:36 PM)plantmanky Wrote: They have had 4 different head coaches in 4 years.

How about 5 in 6 years

Joey McKnight
Richard Boothe
Chris Fultz
Aaron Fugate
Vincent Rotondi

No, this thread is about North Laurel Head Coach opening. I was talking about North Laurel head coach. I’m sure not many programs keep the same  coaches long in middle school. But I’ll show you what kind of a guy I am. You come down South 75 to the London area. I’ll buy you and me a steak and we talk football.
  • 4AKentuckyBoy, Cowboy42
(02-23-2024, 02:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 09:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: They had a most likely lottery pick in the upcoming NBA draft for 5 years of high school basketball with 2 region championships to show for it, you can’t get much more dysfunctional….

(02-22-2024, 09:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’ll take and buy you 2 steak dinners at your choosing if you can name the 4 head coaches that North has had in the last 4 years.

How about 5 in 6 years

Joey McKnight
Richard Boothe
Chris Fultz
Aaron Fugate
Vincent Rotondi

No, this thread is about North Laurel Head Coach opening. I was talking about North Laurel head coach. I’m sure not many programs keep the same  coaches long in middle school. But I’ll show you what kind of a guy I am. You come down South 75 to the London area. I’ll buy you and me a steak and we talk football.
What a good guy. Where you taking him? Shilohs? Roadhouse? The Depot?
(02-23-2024, 02:56 PM)4AKentuckyBoy Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 10:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:  Reed is my favorite player.

(02-23-2024, 10:11 AM)plantmanky Wrote: How about 5 in 6 years

Joey McKnight
Richard Boothe
Chris Fultz
Aaron Fugate
Vincent Rotondi

I love steak. We eat at all of them from time to time. Cheddars is good too and believe it or not Old Town Grill ain’t bad. But I like the biggest steak at Texas Roadhouse has. I’m a big eater. More unsweetened tea for me!  Smile
  • 4AKentuckyBoy
(02-23-2024, 03:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 02:56 PM)4AKentuckyBoy Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 12:07 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’d love for his coach to explain how the most efficient guard in the country doesn’t start…Cal is another one I’d like to see in the unemployment line….

I love steak. We eat at all of them from time to time. Cheddars is good too and believe it or not Old Town Grill ain’t bad. But I like the biggest steak at Texas Roadhouse has. I’m a big eater. More unsweetened tea for me!  Smile
Hard to beat The Conductor at The Depot….
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 4AKentuckyBoy, Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(02-22-2024, 09:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: They had a most likely lottery pick in the upcoming NBA draft for 5 years of high school basketball with 2 region championships to show for it, you can’t get much more dysfunctional….

(02-22-2024, 09:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’ll take and buy you 2 steak dinners at your choosing if you can name the 4 head coaches that North has had in the last 4 years.

How about 5 in 6 years

Joey McKnight
Richard Boothe
Chris Fultz
Aaron Fugate
Vincent Rotondi

FC post was about middle school, I be down that way in a few weeks but wont have time for steak then.   But I let you know next time im there and have time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Bull got out!
A name I am hearing keep come up is Chad Girdler Northern Middle DC. Has some experience at the high school level from Southwesterns glory days. Not a bad drive either.
(02-23-2024, 06:57 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 10:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:  Reed is my favorite player.

(02-23-2024, 10:11 AM)plantmanky Wrote: How about 5 in 6 years

Joey McKnight
Richard Boothe
Chris Fultz
Aaron Fugate
Vincent Rotondi

FC post was about middle school, I be down that way in a few weeks but wont have time for steak then.   But I let you know next time im there and have time.

Any time my friend. I don't half read what my friend FCSPY post half the time. He gets tore up sometimes.. LOL.  Smile I like messing with him. He just a diehard like all of us.
Any news on this opening? Yall talked me into getting the conductor on Friday night at the depot. Hadn't ate there in years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 4AKentuckyBoy's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’d say give it a little time to come to light. I’m sure plenty of coaches are going to put in.
  • 4AKentuckyBoy, North laurel Fan
If McDaniel doesn’t get the job then the admin better hope that there are quality outside candidates…..nobody else on that staff can coach
Anyone got any news??

I’m hearing Simon Vanderpool is the favorite (coach at western hills/former NL coach) and he is going to clean house and bring in some of his guys

Great hire IMO