Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th report card
We are near the end of the regular season, so heres my thoughts on the 14th region heading into tournament play..

1. The hazard Bulldogs.

Hazard has established themselves as the favorite to win the region, and it all starts with Evin Eversole, and Seth Caudill, that 1 2 punch has been devastating to opposing teams all year, and the role players, Combs, Higgins and Ratliff have really been huge all year, although they are the favorites they are also vulnerable as they dont have much bench play, so any foul trouble or injury could cost the Dawgs in region..

2. The Knott county Patriots.

KCC has been up and down all season trying to find their identity, at times they have looked like the favorites and other times looked like they may not win district, but lately they have played well, Jayden Huff, Hunter Haddix and Drake Slone are the clear leaders of the team, but the most important player may be chance amburgey as he and braxton reade do all the dirty work, another thing for KCC is their bench play is strong and could be the difference in region play for the Patriots  

3. The Breathitt county Bobcats.

Breathitt started the season strong, but have really came back to earth lately, Sperry has been Sperry all year but the role players are starting to struggle and that can spell doom for the bobcats, as good as Austin Sperry is, he cant win this region unless Hamilton, Bellamy, Gross and Terry play like they did early in season..  Theres still time for Breathitt but coach Honeycutt has some things to figure out 

4. The Estill county Engineers

Most will probably say Estill dont belong 4 but after beating PCC last week i feel they deserve it, Kenny Rose has established himself as a top 7-8 player in region and the role players have really stepped up for the Engineers, i dont see them winning region due to deoth but i can see a possible upset early for Estill

5. The Perrc central Commodores

Its no secret this is my team, and it hurts to put them this low, coming into the season i thought perry was the favorite with Beverly, Slone, Castle, and woods all returning, and they looked the part early in WYMT tournament and was rolling, then the loss of Beverly kind of messed the whole rotation up, Perry has shown signs they can compete with close losses to KCC and Hazard, but cant seem to get that big win, then go lose to Estill was a head scrather, i still believe with Trayton woods, Kizer Slone and Carter Castle perry can win this region, dont laugh. yes im bias, but i guarantee no one wants to draw the dores early coach Hoskins will have them ready.

After the top 5, teams like Powell and Letcher could upset someone but i dont think they are threats to win region..

Recap, Hazard is the favorite, but dont be surprised if they lose early and another team moves on to Rupp..
[-] The following 2 users Like the gambler's post:
  • BlackHawk, Mountainparkway
Where is the region at?
Powell

I agree with your pre-tourney evaluation gambler. Hoping bobcats get hot before the tourney but I’d say hazard wins easily if they stay healthy.
This could be any of the top 5 teams you've mentioned cut the nets down. This is wide open and will be who wants it the most.
(02-21-2024, 06:39 AM)Houndsmam1947 Wrote: This could be any of the top 5 teams you've mentioned cut the nets down.  This is wide open and will be who wants it the most.
I been seeing this a lot but I disagree. The region will be won by Breathitt or Hazard. They both have proven they are a step or two above the rest of the field. If the draw falls with those two on opposite sides I would bet the farm they will be in the championship
I think it’s between hazard and Breathitt. I guess you can say Knott has a shot, but as bad as I hate to say it, Perry has to get real lucky to win, losing Beverly was a hard hit and there’s kids that have left because they wasn’t even approached by the coach to play, and now they at other schools. Perry loses a lot of kids because of that. Yall stay blessed.
What’s happened to pcc recruiting pipeline? Seems Hoskins has lost his recruiting touch in the last couple years.
NY subway no longer coming through here for PCC. They can’t win with their own kids
If anybody has been on the football thread for pcc we all know the kid jet fighter is talking about that coaches never begged to play lol! I think Hazard wins hands down I see it coming down to breathitt an hazard but I don't think there's anybody that's going to beat hazard.
(02-25-2024, 06:59 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: If anybody has been on the football thread for pcc we all know the kid jet fighter is talking about that coaches never begged to play lol! I think Hazard wins hands down I see it coming down to breathitt an hazard but I don't think there's anybody that's going to beat hazard.
will be tough to beat hazard   they are the favorite no doubt
[Image:

]

lil ones, let ole fatpat tell you some facts.  While everyone else is playin checkers Yosemite sam is playing chess, wowza!  Patriot Nation is bout to turn up the heat on this one.  I just got off the phone with JT and he said big guy wez partying like its 1979 at Rupp brutha.  Patriot Nation will flock to the land of the pirates and eat up their first opponent like fatpat going through his first tater at the golden corral.  Then wez hittin every chester fried between hindman and stanton on the other two trips.  If you believe Hazard, Perry, or Breathitt wins this mutha it's a sign you have been hitting jet fighters peace pipe my friends. 

#grannybearwearingpatriotapparrelinstanton  #mountainparkwayaintreadyforthis  More mash taters please!!!
Def going to be a good tournament fatpat. Any night I’d say Bhs, Knott, hazard, and even Perry could catch fire. It’s really hazards to lose in my opinion but they could have an off night or get in foul trouble and get knocked off. Hazards weekness is definitely depth. Rooting for my bobcats. I’d say Hazard and Breathitt next Monday night with hazard by 9 is my prediction