Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best first round district tournmanet matchups
Granted, the super region takes a little away from the all or nothing first round of the districts in the 15th Region, what are some games we all should be watching?

Floyd Central vs. Betsy Layne in the 58th
Magoffin County vs. Johnson Central in the 57th.
Lawrence at Prestonsburg in the 58th? Maybe?  Could be tough where Lawrence is on the road.

What about other regions?
(02-22-2024, 11:15 AM)Pikecoballer Wrote: Granted, the super region takes a little away from the all or nothing first round of the districts in the 15th Region, what are some games we all should be watching?

Lawrence at Prestonsburg in the 58th? Maybe?  Could be tough where Lawrence is on the road.

BL-Floyd Central will be one of the best first round games you'll find anywhere in EKY. Not sure about the Magoffin-JC game, but you never know with tournament time. 

East-West Carter could be a fun matchup in the 62nd district! Blazer and Boyd will most likely play in the district finals of a 3 team, but that will be a great matchup to watch for as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Pikecoballer
Agreed about the Betsy Layne/Floyd Central matchup. I also agree though about the super region taking away the usual anticipation about those match-ups because that one and done sense of urgency is now gone until you get to the play in round. I do like though that the District Champion does get an automatic spot at the Appalachian Wireless Arena for the quarterfinal round, but the real sense of urgency won't start until the play in games begin, which I think is the same week as the District tournaments in the 15th and then again on that Saturday after the Districts end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • Pikecoballer
(02-22-2024, 11:30 AM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 11:15 AM)Pikecoballer Wrote: Granted, the super region takes a little away from the all or nothing first round of the districts in the 15th Region, what are some games we all should be watching?

BL-Floyd Central will be one of the best first round games you'll find anywhere in EKY. Not sure about the Magoffin-JC game, but you never know with tournament time. 

East-West Carter could be a fun matchup in the 62nd district! Blazer and Boyd will most likely play in the district finals of a 3 team, but that will be a great matchup to watch for as well.

I'm not sure JC can pull it off either, but it's the second best 2/3 game in the 15th.  It's the one that if Magoffin loses, the whole play in aspect of the super region gets turned upside down with some very interesting games all of a sudden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pikecoballer's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999