Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPIKE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Has a new AD been hired at UPIKE yet ? Things seem to have gone dark up on the hill. What’s the hold up ?
Mineral rights not being bought at time of purchase and now UPIKE can't start building because there is gas lines going through the property and the folks who have the mineral rights won't let them move them.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-25-2024, 09:30 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Mineral rights not being bought at time of purchase and now UPIKE can't start building because there is gas lines going through the property and the folks who have the mineral rights won't let them move them.

Source?

I'm finding that one hard to believe for several reasons.
(03-25-2024, 09:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 09:30 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Mineral rights not being bought at time of purchase and now UPIKE can't start building because there is gas lines going through the property and the folks who have the mineral rights won't let them move them.

Source?

Working in Pikeville
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
https://www.upike.edu/corey-fipps-named-...-director/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How does that pertain to anything as far as UPIKE AD?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-26-2024, 10:20 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: How does that pertain to anything as far as UPIKE AD?

Waya mean?
#BBFL
(03-25-2024, 10:50 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 09:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Source?

Working in Pikeville
Looks like whoever your source was, was wrong. Big article in the News-Express today reporting that UPike is getting $8.7 million for Bear Mountain from the state legislature's budget as soon as the governor signs HB1 into law. The president listed all the stuff that will be up there and said the total cost is $40-50 million and the project will be done in phases as the money is raised. 

Didn't think the gas line stuff could be true, didn't pass the smell test for obvious reasons.
^^^Just to clarify, the people who sold the property are wealthy businessmen and the people at UPike and their advisors are very smart. If a sale took place for millions of $$$ and the land couldn't be used for the stated purpose, the sellers would have to be shysters AND the UPike people would have to be idiots. Both not true.

Plus everyone would know about it and there would be lawsuits flying already. I haven't heard a word of it and neither has anyone I know.