Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 52 Bell County 39
The Hounds(18-8) seized control of this one early in the second half and coasted to an easy win at home on Senior Night over the 24-6 Bobcats. Congrats to Corbin seniors, Worley, Blaylock, Curry, Stewart and Hardesty.  Bell has to have one of the youngest rosters  can ever remember seeing. They have no seniors,  1 junior, 3 sophomores, 6 freshmen, and that youth and 24-6 on the  season. Should be some fine years ahead for Coach Sizemore and his young cats.

Just to add what I mentioned above, of Bell's 15 players, 11 of them are either freshmen or middle school kids. Congrats to them on having such a good season with all of those young kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Son of the Alamo
Bell county are frauds they do not impress me one bit they haven’t beat a good solid team. If they make the region they will be a first round exit.
(02-23-2024, 02:55 PM)Mountainontop Wrote: Bell county are frauds they do not impress me one bit they haven’t beat a good solid team. If they make the region they will be a first round exit.

Calling a roster this young frauds seems like some personal bitterness to me, but that’s just me.
(02-23-2024, 02:55 PM)Mountainontop Wrote: Bell county are frauds they do not impress me one bit they haven’t beat a good solid team. If they make the region they will be a first round exit.

While I agree that they haven't secured many wins over really solid teams, they have still performed well, considering how young they are. Coach Sizemore turned down the Clay County job for a reason. I submit that a big part of the reason in rejecting Clay is that he had a lot of talented , very young kids at Bell that has the future looking bright.
Bell was up 1 with 90 seconds to go in 2nd quarter, made subs to the bench, and was down 5 going into half and corbin went on a 6-0 run in about a minute to start the 3rd. 11-0 runs in less than 3 minutes can’t happen when you are in a low scoring game. Crazy thing was it was actually corbin holding the ball at the top as early as the second quarter, and not sizemore near as much. I wouldn’t have guessed that in a million years. But you keep the 5 starters for bell out of foul trouble where they don’t need to go to the bench, they can beat anyone in the arena without refs that have personal grudges against people in the stands outside the top two teams. But the main goal is keeping the 5 main guys on the floor, cause you take off hall and burnett, they do not have a guy to get the ball up the floor. You take off huff and buell, they lose all of their length and rebounding. You take off thomas, you lose one of the best shooters in the region and pretty much all your spacing (you know you are a good shooter when you are face guarded by a guy a foot taller to start the game). You give the freshman’s and middle schoolers another year to develop into good bench players, who knows what happens next year.

The one thing i hated about the game is how both teams had more fouls in the 4th than what there were total fouls in the other three quarters. 11 minutes into the game, the total foul count was under 10. But both teams were in the bonus 3 minutes into the 4th quarter. Can’t change how you call the game, either let them play or don’t let them touch eachother and be consistent.

Great game between two good teams for a majority of the game. Congrats to the seniors for corbin.
(02-23-2024, 03:40 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

Calling a roster this young frauds seems like some personal bitterness to me, but that’s just me.
There is no personal bitterness I’m just tired of seeing bell county top in the rankings.I think it’s crazy to have them ranked high in the 13th region, I agree that they are young and have a bright future but there future shouldn’t determine where they are ranked at this year.
(02-23-2024, 07:11 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Bell was up 1 with 90 seconds to go in 2nd quarter, made subs to the bench, and was down 5 going into half and corbin went on a 6-0 run in about a minute to start the 3rd. 11-0 runs  in less than 3 minutes can’t happen when you are in a low scoring game. Crazy thing was it was actually corbin holding the ball at the top as early as the second quarter, and not sizemore near as much. I wouldn’t have guessed that in a million years. But you keep the 5 starters for bell out of foul trouble where they don’t need to go to the bench, they can beat anyone in the arena without refs that have personal grudges against people in the stands outside the top two teams. But the main goal is keeping the 5 main guys on the floor, cause you take off hall and burnett, they do not have a guy to get the ball up the floor. You take off huff and buell, they lose all of their length and rebounding. You take off thomas, you lose one of the best shooters in the region and pretty much all your spacing (you know you are a good shooter when you are face guarded by a guy a foot taller to start the game). You give the freshman’s and middle schoolers another year to develop into good bench players, who knows what happens next year.

The one thing i hated about the game is how both teams had more fouls in the 4th than what there were total fouls in the other three quarters. 11 minutes into the game, the total foul count was under 10. But both teams were in the bonus 3 minutes into the 4th quarter. Can’t change how you call the game, either let them play or don’t let them touch eachother and be consistent.

Great game between two good teams for a majority of the game. Congrats to the seniors for corbin.

Don't even know what the bolded means. Sounds like made up stuff. Which refs and who do they personally begrudge?