Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
58th District Fee for Streaming District Tournament
Must have lowered the fee because Darryl McCoy posted this on Facebook:

"I want to personally thank the 58th District committee and the Floyd County Schools system for fixing the streaming fee and making it manageable. It’s easy to bash people when they are in the wrong but too many forget to praise them when they’re right. We can’t guarantee we can round up the sponsors in such short notice because it starts tomorrow but what this does do is give us a fighting chance. This decision shows that we have good people in charge and they will do the right thing for the kids in the long run. I may not agree with every decision they make, but I do for the most part, now rather it’s us or two other companies doing it, it will ensure that the 58th District Tournament has a lot of eyes on it promoting our kids and our schools. Appreciate Jamey Johnson standing up for what was right and I appreciate Ricky Thacker and the leaders in the 58th for making sure our kids come first. So many spoke up when this happened I hope that the same ones praise them for making the right decision. Our supporters mean the world to a small company like us here at D&D Sports Network!"
My question is did they lower the price to $500 for all and WPRG will be refunded $2500?

If that’s the case the 58th district teams just went from splitting $3000 to splitting $1500.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Jamey told a friend it was lowered to around the same price as what they paid last year, which they said was 500. Now I wish we could get Jamey and d and d to do the 15th region tournament. So glad my family can watch this without supporting WPRG.. they rip us off enuff with selling us crappy internet #GoBobcats
So from my understanding, the fee was to keep certain people from profiting of kids, yet giving nothing back.

Didn’t work.
I thought D&D streamed the 15th Region Tournament. I do agree, I'd love for WMDJ to stream the 15th Region tournament as well.
(02-25-2024, 11:12 PM)RTruth Wrote: So from my understanding, the fee was to keep certain people from profiting of kids, yet giving nothing back.

Didn’t work.

It was changed to $600 to stream the tournament. 

So by this the schools lost what would’ve been $3000 to now $1800 if they refunded WPRG. So the 4 58th district schools Lost an additional $1200 to split between them.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I don’t know they did it last year but on there show they said they couldn’t do it this year because of the increase. One of the posters on here said it was 5000 to do the 15th Region Tournament but I’m not sure. I think they will be more interest so hopefully Prestonsburg figures out how to capitalize on it. I think we have the tournament on the hill next year
athletic programs need to start streaming their own games....... trying to buck up and ask for a fair piece of the pie got them slammed while streaming companies hide behind saying they do it for the kids........... snakes in the grass!!!!!!!!

if john calipari sees a 58th district player on WPRG and offers him a scholarship ill give somebody on this forum a thousand dollars
(02-26-2024, 05:57 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: athletic programs need to start streaming their own games....... trying to buck up and ask for a fair piece of the pie got them slammed while streaming companies hide behind saying they do it for the kids........... snakes in the grass!!!!!!!!

if john calipari sees a 58th district player on WPRG and offers him a scholarship ill give somebody on this forum a thousand dollars

With this now everyone streaming the schools/kids lost out on $1200 extra to split between the schools.
#BBFL
At the expense of what, I would rather my son bee seen by thousands more, both othe companies are a lot funner to watch. How many more people may come from them advertising the event.Jamey should start charging schools for school announcements see how much more they are out #GoBobcats
I would love to see the “books” on some of these freaking companies.

Some have real jobs outside of the streaming, one or two doesn’t. What do those W2’s look like?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Khalisimo
(02-26-2024, 05:57 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: athletic programs need to start streaming their own games....... trying to buck up and ask for a fair piece of the pie got them slammed while streaming companies hide behind saying they do it for the kids........... snakes in the grass!!!!!!!!

A Joe go cry somewhere else. I bet you watch the games on those media outlets every chance you get
nevermind