Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 2024
These are exciting times to be a Bobcat.  Coach Jarrell and his staff have put together a string of relatively good seasons. Betsy Layne went undefeated in the county and defeated Prestonsburg twice in the same season. The school is coming off its first playoff win in school history.  Hopefully the momentum will continue in 2024.  

What do the Bobcats lose from the 2023 team.  Who returns?  Does anyone know what the schedule looks like for 2024?
I’ve heard the schedule will be released soon, but it should be a fun year on the hill! 

As far as losses you look at Nick Thacker, Boston Hamilton, Landon Howell, Dylon Williams as well as a few others. 

Returning you get a starting QB in Parsons, Isaiah Allen, Andrew McCutcheon, and Tye Isom just to name a few key guys. 

Obviously Betsy Layne will have some holes to fill, but they also have a pretty solid class of young guys coming up that could end up playing valuable minutes given their smaller roster numbers. Depending on how the Shelby Valley rebuild goes following losing one of the best classes in school history, the Bobcats could possibly be on the heels of a district championship this fall!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Westside
Won't be easy to replace Williams, Thacker, Howell, Hamilton, and Castle. Those 5 played big time roles in the Bobcats success last season, especially Williams. Bobcats graduated 8 off a roster of 31.

McCutcheon, Parsons, and Allen will be the Bobcats offense next season. Defensively they'll return their leading tackler in Blackburn as well as the Maynard boys.

I still believe Shelby Valley will be the district favorite, but Betsy Layne and Pike Central are going to close the gap a lot. If Betsy Layne can keep their core players healthy, then they'll compete for a district championship.

Will the Bobcats be traveling to Bath County to face coach Brandon Brewer and the Wildcats?
(02-27-2024, 12:15 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Won't be easy to replace Williams, Thacker, Howell, Hamilton, and Castle. Those 5 played big time roles in the Bobcats success last season, especially Williams. Bobcats graduated 8 off a roster of 31.

McCutcheon, Parsons, and Allen will be the Bobcats offense next season. Defensively they'll return their leading tackler in Blackburn as well as the Maynard boys.

I still believe Shelby Valley will be the district favorite, but Betsy Layne and Pike Central are going to close the gap a lot. If Betsy Layne can keep their core players healthy, then they'll compete for a district championship.

Will the Bobcats be traveling to Bath County to face coach Brandon Brewer and the Wildcats?

As far as I know, they will take the trip to Bath Co!
  • BlackcatAlum
(02-27-2024, 12:15 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Won't be easy to replace Williams, Thacker, Howell, Hamilton, and Castle. Those 5 played big time roles in the Bobcats success last season, especially Williams. Bobcats graduated 8 off a roster of 31.

They return 95% of their offensive and defensive lines, that will be huge for them this year!
  • Westside
(02-27-2024, 10:03 AM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:

They return 95% of their offensive and defensive lines, that will be huge for them this year!
I agree.  The offensive line coach is doing an amazing job.  I think last season may have been the best offensive line in school history.  I know they lose Boston on the offensive line.  Is he the only starter that they lose?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(02-27-2024, 10:20 AM)Westside Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 10:03 AM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:

I agree.  The offensive line coach is doing an amazing job.  I think last season may have been the best offensive line in school history.  I know they lose Boston on the offensive line.  Is he the only starter that they lose?

Nick Thacker as well, but they did a great job of rotating and Thacker was battling a back injury most of last year as well
  • Westside
The Maynard twins both missed the playoffs last year with knee injuries. But hopefully will be back 100% by summer. One of them, can't remember the name, made 1st team all-state class 2A and led the state in QB sacks, and only played in 8 games. And the other was no slouch himself being named honorable mention. Both are bigger and stronger than last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther88's post:
  • Westside
Can't judge them until district play due to strength of schedule.,
[-] The following 1 user Likes WarHawk12's post:
  • Card2000