Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel vs. Whitley (50th District first round)
Maybe the best elimination first round district game in the mountains.  Whitley has the home court, but has to overcome their history of tournament struggles.  South is healthy and locking teams down defensively.  Who have you got in this one?
SL by double digits!! Completely different team with Mabe healthy!
If mabe is on the floor, whitley has no chance in keeping it within 10. South has perimeter defenders that can shut down the ellis brothers, and nobody is getting a shot off inside 10 feet with mabe. Whitley will be lucky to score 45, and that’s saying something because they are still a very good team that showed good signs all year. Just should’ve beat williamsburg when they had the chance.
South Laurel 52
Whitley County 36

I may be wrong but I doubt it. Lol!!
(02-27-2024, 03:41 PM)Chapin Wrote: SL by double digits!!  Completely different team with Mabe healthy!

I agree.   South wins district, too , unless Corbin finds a magic carpet.

(02-27-2024, 03:48 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: If mabe is on the floor, whitley has no chance in keeping it within 10. South has perimeter defenders that can shut down the ellis brothers, and nobody is getting a shot off inside 10 feet with mabe. Whitley will be lucky to score 45, and that’s saying something because they are still a very good team that showed good signs all year. Just should’ve beat williamsburg when they had the chance.

Yep, that 1-point loss to Wburg might have cost them a spot in the region. Pulling for the Colonels tonight but I think South devours them.