Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which Mountain team will make biggest improvement in 2024.
(02-28-2024, 06:37 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 03:45 PM)64SUR Wrote: 2A Leslie County & 1A Williamsburg
I agree with Leslie.  I can see them being a contender in 2A with the combination of Collett and Kilburn.   Wish them the best of luck.   Go Dores!
A contender in 2A? The last time my eagles were a contender for a state championship we had an All American at QB wearing #2.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Road Dog's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
And then you all wasn’t a contender. Semi finals was as close as you got.
(03-07-2024, 06:13 PM)Road Dog Wrote:
I agree with Leslie.  I can see them being a contender in 2A with the combination of Collett and Kilburn.   Wish them the best of luck.   Go Dores!
A contender in 2A? The last time my eagles were a contender for a state championship we had an All American

at QB wearing #2.

I don’t think win your district and I believe Lesile Co finish 3 rd in district.
(03-07-2024, 09:25 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: And then you all wasn’t a contender. Semi finals was as close as you got.
Believe me, Leslie County was a contender that year. Any team who makes the final four/semifinals is a contender, especially with the number one high school quarterback in the nation. What are you smoking?
[-] The following 2 users Like Cat Daddy's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Old School 18
(03-08-2024, 09:31 AM)Statebound19 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 06:13 PM)Road Dog Wrote:
A contender in 2A? The last time my eagles were a contender for a state championship we had an All American

at QB wearing #2.

I don’t think win your district and I believe Lesile Co finish 3 rd in district.
Yeah. I think this guy might be delusional. We haven’t won a district since 2016 and last year was our first time above .500 since 2016

(03-08-2024, 10:21 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 09:25 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: And then you all wasn’t a contender. Semi finals was as close as you got.
Believe me, Leslie County was a contender that year. Any team who makes the final four/semifinals is a contender, especially with the number one high school quarterback in the nation. What are you smoking?
Yeah what’s determines a contender? I thought making to the final four going 13-1 would be enough to be consider a contender, also losing to the eventual state champ Covington Catholic? I guess he’s got a really high standard.
Just heard PCC is making some moves. Got a lineman from BHS
How many kids have left Breathitt’s football program?
Perry will have a stud at running back this year they just need a qb
(03-12-2024, 07:48 PM)Scallywag79 Wrote: Just heard PCC is making some moves.  Got a lineman from BHS

They'll need a lot more than that.
(03-13-2024, 11:27 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 07:48 PM)Scallywag79 Wrote: Just heard PCC is making some moves.  Got a lineman from BHS

What more do they need… maybe a qb

And that Leslie team beat the breaks off an above average Breathitt squad that year.  Yes, they were very much a contender!!  

Contender- one who contends….
(03-13-2024, 01:57 PM)SubROTC Wrote:

And that Leslie team beat the breaks off an above average Breathitt squad that year.  Yes, they were very much a contender!!  

Contender- one who contends….
Subpar breathitt squad
(03-13-2024, 11:59 AM)beercanchicken Wrote:

Pike Co Central?   Do you think they're just one lineman away from contention?
(03-13-2024, 06:30 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 11:59 AM)beercanchicken Wrote:

Pike Co Central?   Do you think they're just one lineman away from contention?
Perry
I agree subpar breathitt squad. Breathitt wasn’t a contender until they changed their offense to the shotgun a year later. They did steal that from Leslie. But I stand by my original statement.
(03-14-2024, 04:43 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I agree subpar breathitt squad. Breathitt wasn’t a contender until they changed their offense to the shotgun a year later. They did steal that from Leslie. But I stand by my original statement.

1994 Lesile co team was a contender!!!! That team was one most physical team I had ever seen in highschool Watch them many times that year. The score they lost semifinals very misleading and they beat that team early in scrimmage.
(03-14-2024, 04:43 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I agree subpar breathitt squad. Breathitt wasn’t a contender until they changed their offense to the shotgun a year later. They did steal that from Leslie. But I stand by my original statement.

If that 8 win team was sub par, when was the last time Breathitt won 8 in the regular season?  I’m asking because I honestly don’t know, but by you all’s standards- BREATHITT hasn’t been a contender for a while now- have they?
Absolutely not. Not even close to being a contender
(03-15-2024, 07:19 PM)ROTC Wrote:

If that 8 win team was sub par, when was the last time Breathitt won 8 in the regular season?  I’m asking because I honestly don’t know, but by you all’s standards- BREATHITT hasn’t been a contender for a while now- have they?
2019 Breathitt was undefeated in State Semifinals vs Somerset. It was fairly close game until 4 th quarter and Somerset made enough stops to win. Breathitt will be a lot better this year. Also 2022 they one play from  playing beechwood in semifinals.
Uggghhhh! Those dates remind me of the Covid debacle sandwiches between them.
Hazard 
Good hire for the bulldogs
Well well … what about Collette transferring to perry
If Perry was in 5A or 3A they would be better off. Unfortunately they are in the most stacked class. The East side is loaded with Corbin, Boyle, Cov Cath, Highlands, Johnson Central, and Ashland.
I heard yesterday in Corbin the young QB at North Laurel is leaving to go to Corbin or Southwestern.
I don't see that happening considering his strong ties to North, but everyone seems to be moving
around so much anymore you never know. I see his family along I intend to ask them.
I pull for corbin even tho im a Beechwood/Middlesboro fan but i don’t understand how they get better transfers every year than most D-1 colleges when alot of people complain about the way greer coaches. Especially offensive talent. Defensive players i can understand flocking to play for him but skill players on offense is a head scratcher.
(02-29-2024, 11:32 AM)Statebound19 Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 10:30 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Im interested to see what happens at Pulaski Co with Burns in his first year. 

Same for South Laurel with Hines.

What about Whitley?
Yes that 3 interesting teams. I really think Coach Burns wins right away. A lot talent coming up through Pulaski. South Laurel I think going take few years to get going there. 
Whitley Co shoe flashes be pretty good team last year. Not sure about what returns. Really like there QB last year.
South was a Dumpster fire, for whatever reason they don’t get much support from the administration. I wish him all the luck. Hope he can change their way of doing things.