Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hazard 44 Perry County Central 37 54th District Championship
It’s a little too late for Perry to start playing now. Perry needs to hang up the uniforms.
Hazard’s D, specifically their length, made it difficult and uncomfortable for Perry’s O to get a lot of good looks.

Eversole got his and had a great game, Caudill had a solid game, but IMO, #4 Ratliff was the difference in the game. Kid played great and had double digits when he only averages just under 6 a game. Him having an above average game helped the Bulldogs pull it out.
hazard pick to win
Said it before and I’ll say it again, I love my Dores, but we let too many kids walk those halls and not ask them to play and then they transfer and this is the result. But I am proud of the way we played tonight, we still have a shot to win a this region. Stay blessed everyone.
Coaches shouldn't have to beg a kid to play they have try outs if your legit wants to play they wouldn't have to beg him! Maybe the "kids" walking the halls just aren't that good an coaches see zero potential or maybe they expect the kid to just show up tryouts like all the other kids who want to play do! Hoskins is a good coach an I've never known of the man to go around and beg anyone to play buy will welcome whoever to come tryout
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bigbluewarehouse's post:
  • Bluecat
44 points lol…. If KHSAA ever implements the shot clock it will be because of teams like Hazard. It’s no wonder they have trouble filling the stands. People wanna see teams get up and down the court and score points
I disagree Night Train, people that know basketball want to WIN. Some teams can’t win and play exciting basketball. I know a local football team that has your philosophy. Well they don’t win a whole lot. But hey it’s exciting football. lol. I guess
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Night Train
Al is the best at holding the ball late in the game an forcing teams to foul an if you got a team that can do it without turning the ball over use it regardless of whether it's boring or not we want the win simple as that an if it works and hazard wins then it was successful an the right thing to do
It was Hazard's half court defense that was the true issue for Perry. They couldn't get many open shots and going inside was nonexistent. They wasn't able to push the tempo. When Hazard went on their cold spell Perry was able to push it and even tie or almost tie it at one point.
so much for the landslide and by as many as they want hmm congrats to hazard on the W but perry showed they are still in this thing should be a fun tournament
(03-01-2024, 09:46 AM)Night Train Wrote: 44 points lol…. If KHSAA ever implements the shot clock it will be because of teams like Hazard. It’s no wonder they have trouble filling the stands. People wanna see teams get up and down the court and score points
Night Train you are completely mental. Im just so glad you’re not coaching. Running up and down the floor is why Breathitt has not done very good at all this year. Running up and down the floor is why Wolfe County will never win anything because it’s called OUT OF CONTROL you dumb - - -

I guess you had rather score 70 points and lose.? As to score 44 and win?
(03-01-2024, 12:31 AM)Jet fighter Wrote: Said it before and I’ll say it again, I love my Dores, but we let too many kids walk those halls and not ask them to play and then they transfer and this is the result.  But I am proud of the way we played tonight, we still have a shot to win a this region.  Stay blessed everyone.
Shut up. We all know where this is going.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpaceMountain19's post:
  • Bluecat
(03-01-2024, 10:07 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 12:31 AM)Jet fighter Wrote: Said it before and I’ll say it again, I love my Dores, but we let too many kids walk those halls and not ask them to play and then they transfer and this is the result.  But I am proud of the way we played tonight, we still have a shot to win a this region.  Stay blessed everyone.
Shut up. We all know where this is going.
Shouldn't have to ask kids to play. If they wanna play they will go out. If the coaches look at them and refuse to let them come out then that is a different story. My guess though is this isn't the case.
(03-01-2024, 08:17 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 09:46 AM)Night Train Wrote: 44 points lol…. If KHSAA ever implements the shot clock it will be because of teams like Hazard. It’s no wonder they have trouble filling the stands. People wanna see teams get up and down the court and score points
Night Train you are completely mental. Im just so glad you’re not coaching. Running up and down the floor is why Breathitt has not done very good at all this year. Running up and down the floor is why Wolfe County will never win anything because it’s called OUT OF CONTROL you dumb - - -

I guess you had rather score 70 points and lose.? As to score 44 and win?
I’m not familiar with losing. Breathitt Co has won about everything in the last 3yrs. Looking to add one more regional title. I’ll see you in Stanton
I look for hazard to put a end to breathitts run if they make it past estill! Honeycutt will never out coach al Holland an I think hazard has breathitt figured out an knows how to stop sperry regardless I'm sure it's going to be a good game with a packed gym full of energy!