Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 62 Estill County 56 56th District Championship
Final from Stanton. 

Estill acted like they didn’t even wanna be there and then started jacking up crazy 3’s towards the end.
(02-29-2024, 10:29 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Final from Stanton. 

Estill acted like they didn’t even wanna be there and then started jacking up crazy 3’s towards the end.
Brian Hall teams have never done anything and never will. He needs to get out of coaching.
(02-29-2024, 10:34 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:

Brian Hall teams have never done anything and never will. He needs to get out of coaching.

he’s a good coach. I just don’t have any words. I’m wondering where the Estill team is that showed up in the second half of the Breathitt game last week was.

i have no dog in this fight but I feel a fresh start is needed for estill you have a team like they have had past couple years you fail to win a championship not take anything from powell but Estill should have never lost this game if this estil team shows up next week they will get ran out of the gym by the other teams

(02-29-2024, 10:37 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:

he’s a good coach. I just don’t have any words. I’m wondering where the Estill team is that showed up in the second half of the Breathitt game last week was.

sit at home cause they never want to be theyre
Estill plays selfish basketball. The talent is there with anyone in this region, but they can't get out of their own way. A lot of ME ME ME and I gotta get MINE. Will never get anywhere with that attitude and it seems as if a few of the players have that approach. Congrats to Powell.
(03-01-2024, 09:38 AM)jumpshooter Wrote: Estill plays selfish basketball. The talent is there with anyone in this region, but they can't get out of their own way. A lot of ME ME ME and I gotta get MINE. Will never get anywhere with that attitude and it seems as if a few of the players have that approach. Congrats to Powell.
That falls on the coach and the coach only. Brian is an excellent X and O coach but NO discipline. Estill season is over next Wednesday night. Breathitt will beat them like a drum.
(03-01-2024, 08:27 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 09:38 AM)jumpshooter Wrote: Estill plays selfish basketball. The talent is there with anyone in this region, but they can't get out of their own way. A lot of ME ME ME and I gotta get MINE. Will never get anywhere with that attitude and it seems as if a few of the players have that approach. Congrats to Powell.
That falls on the coach and the coach only. Brian is an excellent X and O coach but NO discipline. Estill season is over next Wednesday night. Breathitt will beat them like a drum.

a few IF’s

1. IF this Estill team shows up that struggled with Powell in this game then yes they will get destroyed by Breathitt 

2. IF the Estill team shows up that showed up in the second half of the 1st Breathitt game, the Perry game, the Madison Central game then it will be a barn burner. 

3. IF both good teams show up then it could be a dandy. 

4. What does Breathitt do IF Sperry is out? Read in another thread he was out for a game here recently?

Lots of IF’s. Hopefully it’s a fun injury free game and may the best team win.
If Estill gets hot at the right time they could win the whole thing, they have a good point guard in Chaney, and a tall 3 and 4 who can space the floor in Rose and Maybrier. Also the Riddle boy is hard to handle on the glass and going towards the basket. Off the bench they have Beckler who can get hot from 3 and Arvin who is great for energy. Estill fans will hate to hear it but they need to go inside out and control the Tempo. It worked in 2018 it can work now.