Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Breathitt 80 Wolfe County 72 (55th District Champiosnhip)
Breathitt 80.    Wolfe. 72

Flinchum was definitely the best player on the floor tonight.
(02-29-2024, 10:43 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: Breathitt 80.    Wolfe. 72

If you got the best player on the floor and still can’t win there seems to be an issue lol
[-] The following 2 users Like Badger's post:
  • Heater34, Night Train
Yep there is an issue an it's the same issue that has cost them every game they've lost they got a coach who does absolutely nothing about bad shots an turn overs! Idk how practice is ran in wolfe but he may wanna take pointers from another coach on defense an rebounding look like sticks in the mud when it's time to rebound! However breathitt still only beat them 8 so breathitt better get ready for the spanking from hazard if they make it that far!
(02-29-2024, 10:43 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: Breathitt 80.    Wolfe. 72

Wrong. Sperry was better than Flinchum with one leg still.

Sperry put the game away crippled. When Wolfe got to within 4 Flinchum did nothing the rest of the night

I also thought it was classless when Wolfe fans clapped and cheered when sperry got hurt
Flinchum is a freshman in high school and Breathitt has players that should be freshmen in college. Even a complete fool can see that.
(03-01-2024, 09:24 AM)Gladiator Man Wrote: Flinchum is a freshman in high school and Breathitt has players that should be freshmen in college. Even a complete fool can see that.
You really have beat the mess out of that horse..... give it up already
(03-01-2024, 09:24 AM)Gladiator Man Wrote: Flinchum is a freshman in high school and Breathitt has players that should be freshmen in college. Even a complete fool can see that.
So you’re not gonna count the year Flinchum held back? He is actually a sophomore in high school. 90% of the kids in the 14th region will graduate at 19yrs old including most of Hazards players and your son
Breathitt held their own and built a double digit lead with Sperry in the locker room for most of the first half. Sperry had a great 2nd half and yes it was on one leg. Wolfe is a year or two away from being a contender in this region
There’s so many jealous parents and kids that get on this forum it’s comical. Their kid probably couldn’t compete right now in this region if they were 25 years old. Some kids can play, some can’t. Most the whiners kids on here don’t even work on their games or their bodies. Most expect their kids to play based on the buddy system they think they have with the coaches. Sad times. Holdbacks, keep on dominating and putting the work in.
(03-01-2024, 10:10 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: There’s so many jealous parents and kids that get on this forum it’s comical.  Their kid probably couldn’t compete right now in this region if they were 25 years old.  Some kids can play, some can’t.  Most the whiners kids on here don’t even work on their games or their bodies.  Most expect their kids to play based on the buddy system they think they have with the coaches.  Sad times.  Holdbacks, keep on dominating and putting the work in.
True DukeBoy the snowflakes have taken over. If you’re not holding back your kid you’re putting him at a disadvantage
Flinchum played good last night an if you go buy stats he was the best player on the floor breathitt played killer defense on him last night an he still ended up with 26 or 27 points taking nothing away from sperry I think everyone can admit he's good but there is room in the 14th for more then 1 good player! I think the just freshman line is getting a bit old myself cause a lot of these freshman have logged more hours then some seniors especially the ones who also play aau! Wolfes defense an rebounding an bad shots from other players killed them an will continue hurting them until they find a coach to correct the problem
(03-01-2024, 09:52 AM)Wildcat100 Wrote:
So you’re not gonna count the year Flinchum held back? He is actually a sophomore in high school. 90% of the kids in the 14th region will graduate at 19yrs old including most of Hazards players and your son
Wildcat make your point all you want but don’t act like you know who i am. I don’t have a son playing basketball. In my opinion Flinchum played really well and is an outstanding player for his age playing against grown men.

(03-01-2024, 10:31 AM)Night Train Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 10:10 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: There’s so many jealous parents and kids that get on this forum it’s comical.  Their kid probably couldn’t compete right now in this region if they were 25 years old.  Some kids can play, some can’t.  Most the whiners kids on here don’t even work on their games or their bodies.  Most expect their kids to play based on the buddy system they think they have with the coaches.  Sad times.  Holdbacks, keep on dominating and putting the work in.
True DukeBoy the snowflakes have taken over. If you’re not holding back your kid you’re putting him at a disadvantage
Just a question for you DukeBoy how do you know who gets on this form and who don’t??? I tell you how because of your assumption. Just remember assumptions is the mother of all ———- ups like you.
Gladiator what about when sperry was a true freshmen averaging 17 ppg. It’s not like he just started being good when he held back. You are brainless and ignorant. Sperry isn’t even the oldest or the 2nd oldest on the team.
Idk why age keeps getting brought into things I've been to some tournaments in Lexington an saw kids that were probably supposed to be juniors playing as 8th graders flinchum sperry eversole combs Creech they have been playing for years against hold backs an kids a lot older then them if a kid is good an works an has talent that's what matters sperry an flinchum are two of the best players in the 14th region people for some reason want to put these two up against each other an I think it's more adult rivalry then it is the kids did anyone but me notice flinchum an sperry talking an laughing with each other they seem to have no problems with each other but people on here want to create this rivalry it's ok for flinchum to play better then sperry one night cause guaranteed there will be nights sperry will play better then flinchum can't the 14th have two really talented young men cause you guys seem to think there can only be one I myself think the more 14th players that get big time college offers the better!
(03-01-2024, 01:33 PM)Badger Wrote: Gladiator what about when sperry was a true freshmen averaging 17 ppg. It’s not like he just started being good when he held back. You are brainless and ignorant. Sperry isn’t even the oldest or the 2nd oldest on the team.
Look who’s talking. He should be in college and he’s a junior in high school genius.

Breathitt has players old enough to drive the school bus if the driver gets sick.
I got an assumption right here for you wanna be gladiator. My assumptions are usually about 99.9 % accurate. May missed a few of them but not many.
Gladiator held his kid back also and he still not good enough to see the floor. Where will he transfer to next?
(03-01-2024, 02:40 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I got an assumption right here for you wanna be gladiator.  My assumptions are usually about 99.9 % accurate.  May missed a few of them but not many.
DukeBoy you are the same person that assumed that the puddle was full of mud but when you stuck your fingers in and smelled of them it was in fact — — — —. Always remember what 99.9 of assumptions are stupid!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gladiator Man's post:
  • Bulldogs4Ever
(03-01-2024, 02:04 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 01:33 PM)Badger Wrote: Gladiator what about when sperry was a true freshmen averaging 17 ppg. It’s not like he just started being good when he held back. You are brainless and ignorant. Sperry isn’t even the oldest or the 2nd oldest on the team.
Look who’s talking. He should be in college and he’s a junior in high school genius.

Breathitt has players old enough to drive the school bus if the driver gets sick.
Breathitts starters ages in 2024-17,17,18,19,18. 

Breathitts 2023 starters ages-19,19,19,19, 17. 

If you was gonna b17ch about age you picked the wrong year to do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Badger's post:
  • Bulldogs4Ever
(03-01-2024, 08:48 PM)Badger Wrote:

You must be so proud!

(03-01-2024, 09:08 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 08:48 PM)Badger Wrote:

You must be so proud!
That’s exactly why this team should be undefeated!
But the coaching in shaky and not any discipline and control.
Holding back is something that everyone does and I wish I could have done it. I think Wolfe is inconsistent because of their age. Defensive skills will get better, and I do don’t think coach is as bad as some say. How many more years until he retires? I’ve seen a lot of old school coaches that have decided to hang it up rather than deal with the new generation of entitled players and parents.
I think coach is stuck in his ways several years ago his coaching style may have worked but you have got to change as the game changes. From what I've seen coach Creech has no consequences for when his players take bad shots or make turn over after turn over an I think it's all to please some parents but if you truly want to win you can't worry about the parents an he doesn't have to worry about losing his job cause at the end of the day he is a Creech an he has that job till he no longer wants it! When Wolfe played Elliot they had clearly watched the game tapes an new every single play coach Creech was calling but did he change it up no he kept trying to run the same thing an it cost them the game! Several games Creech will go completely away from his two best shooters an let two others that are barely 30% shooters shoot shot after shot an that kind of thing has cost wolfe at least one regional title an several games! You can blame parents but the coaching is an issue as well!
Hate to bust your bubble, but when Sperry was a freshman he was actually a Junior by age.  Double hold back.  17 pt average as a junior is ok, but not spectacular. He is in the same class as Reed Shepard, Dillingham etc.
(03-03-2024, 05:01 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:
Hate to bust your bubble, but when Sperry was a freshman he was actually a Junior by age.  Double hold back.  17 pt average as a junior is ok, but not spectacular. He is in the same class as Reed Shepard, Dillingham etc.
What a dip &&&&. Both are 19 and Shepherd 20 in a couple months. When lying at least make it harder to check.

Made me curious so easy research.

-Sperry true freshman started year at age 14 averaged 17 points
-Repeat freshman covid year age 15 starting school  16 points per game
-Sophomore age 16 averaged 18 points per game
-Junior age 17 starting the year averaging 23 points
Just went over 2000 points
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think sperry is 18 and turned 18 in September so he started this year 18 instead of 17. Is this correct or am I wrong about his age and birthdate?
Idk why age is still being brought up an why it's such a factor dear lord let it rest we have established most kids have held back an most of the kids sperry plays against has played so much aau ball an have played against kids older then them for years! Regardless of his age Sperry is a good player an athlete does his attitude some times get in his way yes but at the end of the day the young man is going to play d1 college get over yourselves congratulate him an lets move on an keep our fingers crossed that more boys in the 14th are going to get d1 offers cause there is a whole lot of talent coming out of the 14th region!
(03-03-2024, 03:01 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I think coach is stuck in his ways several years ago his coaching style may have worked but you have got to change as the game changes. From what I've seen coach Creech has no consequences for when his players take bad shots or make turn over after turn over an I think it's all to please some parents but if you truly want to win you can't worry about the parents an he doesn't have to worry about losing his job cause at the end of the day he is a Creech an he has that job till he no longer wants it! When Wolfe played Elliot they had clearly watched the game tapes an new every single play coach Creech was calling but did he change it up no he kept trying to run the same thing an it cost them the game! Several games Creech will go completely away from his two best shooters an let two others that are barely 30% shooters shoot shot after shot an that kind of thing has cost wolfe at least one regional title an several games! You can blame parents but the coaching is an issue as well!
You have the advantage of seeing every game. What you described makes sense because I’ve seen it happen in other places and I’ve always heard that Wolfe is the nepotism capital of America. However, one thing that happens when you coach in a town that small is you end up making decisions based on your relationships in the community and not what is best for the players. It’s impossible to discipline kids whenever you have personal relationships with their parents.
(03-03-2024, 08:20 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Idk why age is still being brought up an why it's such a factor dear lord let it rest we have established most kids have held back an most of the kids sperry plays against has played so much aau ball an have played against kids older then them for years! Regardless of his age Sperry is a good player an athlete does his attitude some times get in his way yes but at the end of the day the young man is going to play d1 college get over yourselves congratulate him an lets move on an keep our fingers crossed that more boys in the 14th are going to get d1 offers cause there is a whole lot of talent coming out of the 14th region!
Bro chill out. I’m the first to back sperry when he plays good. I’m just correcting slim one on his age. I don’t give a rats ass if he’s 20 and a freshmen but lets tell the truth when we talk about it.

Rob Dillingham was born in 2005. Wasn’t Austin born in 2005? One is a freshman in college and one is a junior in highschool. Cut it anyway you want. Good for sperry using the rule and taking advantage of it.
(03-03-2024, 07:58 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong but I think sperry is 18 and turned 18 in September so he started this year 18 instead of 17. Is this correct or am I wrong about his age and birthdate?
Consider yourself corrected. He started the school year at 17. Otherwise he wouldn’t be eligible to play next year, which he is.
Dillingham turned 19 in January making him almost a year older.