Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin County Flyers
Seems like the home team has put together a  heck of a staff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
Who have they hired?
M.H.     :)
Full staff can be found on X. and their facebook page.

picked up Mark Peach as an OC. few other former coordinators and head coaches as position coaches. Excited to see how they look this season.

(03-01-2024, 07:36 PM)plantmanky Wrote: M.H.     :)

Who is MH?
(03-02-2024, 10:50 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Full staff can be found on X. and their facebook page.

picked up Mark Peach as an OC. few other former coordinators and head coaches as position coaches. Excited to see how they look this season.

(03-01-2024, 07:36 PM)plantmanky Wrote: M.H.     Smile

Who is MH?

Come on now you know who I'm talking about, lol.

BTW great pickup with Coach Dale, great coach and will fit in well at FC.  Go Flyers!
JP Dale is Pimp of the crew, for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-02-2024, 10:50 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Full staff can be found on X. and their facebook page.

I am excited about Mark Peach.  Heck of a coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lnkskippy's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(03-04-2024, 11:09 AM)lnkskippy Wrote:

I am excited about Mark Peach.  Heck of a coach.
He has been at Lincoln County the last few years.
Matt Chandler to Mark Peach is a downgrade. Mark Peach hasn't done anything his last two stops.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • FCSPY
I don't know him other than his name, but what has Peach accomplished that makes him a home run hire?
(03-04-2024, 03:58 PM)FastScreen435 Wrote: I don't know him other than his name, but what has Peach accomplished that makes him a home run hire?
Had Anderson county as a top team in their districts/region every year which is a heck of a feat there. Took them to state finals in 2011. Final four a couple other times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16 special's post:
  • FastScreen435
Dangit, we down graded! Flyers got it wrong again!
Does Eddie looking to leave again not bother the Flyers faithful??
(03-07-2024, 09:25 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Does Eddie looking to leave again not bother the Flyers faithful??
Hasn’t looked to leave since the Highlands deal. Never even considered the Pulaski position. He was asked to hear them out which he did. If that’s looking to leave then there are a lot of coaches looking to leave programs on a yearly basis.
(03-07-2024, 09:25 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Does Eddie looking to leave again not bother the Flyers faithful??

I am sure it does. But the kids and folks there have gotten a taste of winning and what it takes. This off season has been one of the best for the flyers in recent years. Some of the programs around the state would be very shocked to know what coaches have talked to other schools.
  • BEChargers
(03-08-2024, 10:16 AM)FCSPY Wrote:

I am sure it does.  But the kids and folks there have gotten a taste of winning and what it takes. This off season has been one of the best for the flyers in recent years. Some of the programs around the state would be very shocked to know what coaches have talked to other schools.

Fair enough, I respect that answer.  It does seem like Franklin has had a good offseason.  It also seems as though Franklin is well supported.  But is there any chance the visit down south might have been used to garner some more support.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • FCSPY
(03-08-2024, 10:49 AM)BEChargers Wrote:

I am sure it does.  But the kids and folks there have gotten a taste of winning and what it takes. This off season has been one of the best for the flyers in recent years. Some of the programs around the state would be very shocked to know what coaches have talked to other schools.

Fair enough, I respect that answer.  It does seem like Franklin has had a good offseason.  It also seems as though Franklin is well supported.  But is there any chance the visit down south might have been used to garner some more support.

Franklin County is just learning as a district what it takes to support sports the football program has flourished in spite of an AD, and district that were pretty uninvolved for years.
  • BEChargers

Look at things this way.  Would you rather have a head coach that no one else wants or one that other schools have interest in, that other places feel is a quality candidate?
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • FCSPY
Made the trip over to watch the first day of spring ball. I seen a team that has grown! Not only in size and strength, but in numbers. Tons of skill and lineman. New coaches had a buzz about them and things were organized. Time will tell if this group can play any football. But a year has done wonders for the Flyers by what the eye can see.
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
Franklin has been a team that has been right there for a few years now and I do expect them to be right there again this fall. They seem to always find a way.
Does Mr James call the offense or does a coordinator?
(04-16-2024, 02:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Does Mr James call the offense or does a coordinator?

James is calling the defense currently, Ledford is helping but reduced his coordinator role to special teams; Since losing his older son and his other boy playing in college. Over the last few years he has done anything from call all the offensive plays to calling a large portion. With Peach I expect to see him do much less of if any of that. Again my guess.

(04-16-2024, 02:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Franklin has been a team that has been right there for a few years now and I do expect them to be right there again this fall. They seem to always find a way.

4a, is a tough road when you get to the end. Flyers can not seem to break over that last bit. Keep chipping boys!
  • Bull got out!
I think Franklin is a dangerous team to have to play in the playoffs and Im like you, just keep on keeping on and they will eventually get back. But you never know what will happen during a regular season. 4A is no doubt been top loaded and this coming year other than Boyle and Paducah Tilghman, its gonna be anyone's ballgame. I do think Boyle and Paducah Tilghman seems to bring back to most from last year's teams. But who's to say Franklin County or a Covington Catholic don't find momentum at the right time.
Can’t leave out Corbin.
(04-16-2024, 07:10 PM)Hatz Wrote: Can’t leave out Corbin.

Corbin definitely has a QB and a few athletes that any team would want. If Corbin would go mainly passing offense, then I would have to give them more weight this coming season. Boyle will have the most to say IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hatz
FC definitely looks ready to be in the mix again, and for years to come. Lot of solid classes coming down the pipe to continue to feed the program. 

Go Flyers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCREMSFC's post:
  • Bull got out!
Spring game May 2nd. Flyers will have competitions and a scrimmage! Under the lights.
FC senior class was 2020 8th Grade State Champions and had to earn that Championship. What will they do as Seniors. Going to be exciting for sure.

(04-23-2024, 11:18 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Spring game May 2nd. Flyers will have competitions and a scrimmage! Under the lights.

I saw the format, I kinda like what they are doing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • FCREMSFC
There will be some growing pains early for the Flyers. Defense will have to carry the weight once again as points may be hard to come by early. Once the offense finds its footing, they will contend to get back to Kroger again. I look for a fifth straight final 4 appearance…and a state title birth. I’m a gambler. Sue me
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16 special's post:
  • Bull got out!