Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 79 North Laurel 42 (49th District Final)
Final from OBI. 

Clay County started hot and didn't look back. Controlled the boards, looked good defensively, and shot well overall.

All Tournament Team:

OBI - 
Skyler Roberts, Canaan Tyree

Redbird -
Josue Ilunga, Ashton Lewis

Jackson County -
Carter Cunigan, Ashton Clemmons

North Laurel -
Brody Brock, Kole Jervis, Reece Davidson

Clay County -
Hayden Harris, Elijah Bundy, Ethan Jackson, Jerrod Roark, Adon Grubb
Wow 79-42 is a 37 point thrashing..Have yourself a game Clay County…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • nemo
Remember when everyone was upset with clay hiring jones. Everyone seems happy tonight . The guy is a winner
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tailback44's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Wouldn't mind seeing Clay Co. win the 13th a bit...
You could sense how bad the Clay players, coaches, and fans wanted to take back the district after North’s recent success. This was never a game. North is be solid team that is better than their record. This was very impressive by Clay.
(03-01-2024, 11:13 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Remember when everyone was upset with clay hiring jones. Everyone seems happy tonight . The guy is a winner

Depends on how you define "winner."

Old School prediction:  If big Clay draws South Laurel tomorrow they are one and done !!!
Congratulations Clay. I never had a doubt in you guys. Jones is a Winner just like Tailback said. Just had to get them playin his way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Again, not surprised. Sounds like Jones weeded out some issues and got some others to buy in completely. A Jones Vs Jones final looks destined to occur.
I had North winning the district from a prediction early in the season and only because I didn't want to change my prediction because of Clay's recent success but I will say that old school hound you don't much about the game if you think clay is one and done in the region tournament. I've seen every team in the region play multiple times except for Redbird, Lynn Camp and Williamsburg and I will comfortably say that Clay looked better tonight than any one team I've seen all year in the region. The tigers are for real, they've got the total package and with a deep bench. Tigers will destroy South in the paint and on the boards, foul trouble has been a issue with South and that want be a problem with the tigers! They can bring 4 to 4 guys off the bench and never miss a beat. What also was very impressive was how this team has came together and they are as one and the love they had for one another. I was impressed very impressed and call me a fool but Don't be surprised if the Tigers punch their ticket to Rupp. Anything can happen though, that's why they play the games.
(03-02-2024, 01:57 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 11:13 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Remember when everyone was upset with clay hiring jones. Everyone seems happy tonight . The guy is a winner

Old School prediction:  If big Clay draws South Laurel tomorrow they are one and done !!!

Agree 100%, a huge dramatic story connects the Clay-South teams, which I'll not speak on, but for the folks connected to the programs you know what I'm speaking of.    IMO South is the most dangerous team in the region, the fact Corbin had them down double digits in the 4th and they almost pulled off the upset is proof, Made is an equalizer, makes plays when plays gotta be made, you don't have off days when you play great D and South Plays D. .
(03-02-2024, 09:49 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 01:57 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Agree 100%, a huge dramatic story connects the Clay-South teams, which I'll not speak on, but for the folks connected to the programs you know what I'm speaking of.    IMO South is the most dangerous team in the region, the fact Corbin had them down double digits in the 4th and they almost pulled off the upset is proof, Made is an equalizer, makes plays when plays gotta be made, you don't have off days when you play great D and South Plays D. .
What's the connection you speak of and what would this have to do with outcome of the game?
Doesn't really matter, but it's crazy that there's a 14 player all-tournament team. That's so watered down to be meaningless.
Clay is really coming on strong!
(03-02-2024, 09:51 PM)dodger Wrote: Doesn't really matter, but it's crazy that there's a 14 player all-tournament team. That's so watered down to be meaningless.

I'd say it's very meaningful to every kid that made it and the folks who supported them along the way.