Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 61 South Laurel 59 (50th District Championship)
Final from Whitley County High School.
The word is out on the Corbin Redhounds. THEY CANNOT HIT FREE THROWS TO SAVE THEIR LIVES(or extend their season). Corbin lead by 12 points with under two minutes to go. Jeff Davis, being the fine coach he is, tells his kids to just keep fouling Corbin and put them on the charity stripe, where they are truly atrocious. Against North Laurel , in a game Corbin should have won easily, the Hounds were 13-30 from the foul line. Tonight, they missed 16 in 34 attempts, and simply couldn't buy one in the final two minutes. The game was over if they just hit a few free shots. After being up by a dozen with under two minutes left, Corbin was astonishingly one long distance miracle heave by Mabe from losing what seemed like an almost certain comfortable victory just a minute or two before.

Coach P needs too set up an appointment for his guys to meet with a sports psychologist about their free throw issues.(He should have done it long before now). They are the worst bunch at shooting free throws than any team, male or female, from middle school to varsity , that I've ever seen in over 50 years. There's no excuse for a group of young men, who have more than a modicum of skill at basketball, being this damn bad at shooting free shots. Corbin shoots under 60% for the season. Just put the Crimson Canines on the foul line and you'll advance. That should be the gameplan of all 13th region tourney opponents of the Hounds.
I thought this game would be close. This is about as close as you get and still come away with a win.

Congratulations Red Hounds.
Good win for the Hounds.. 1st District Championship since 2018 when Andrew Taylor was leading the hounds..Harlan County vs Corbin in Region Championship and I got the Hounds cutting the nets down..
(03-03-2024, 04:01 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Good win for the Hounds.. 1st District Championship since 2018 when Andrew Taylor was leading the hounds..Harlan County vs Corbin in Region Championship and I got the Hounds cutting the nets down..

I hope you're right. You might be about  Corbin - Harlan County in the title game but there is nothing I've seen in the last two months to make me think the Hounds win. Just keep putting them on the foul line and they'll defeat themselves.
I got Harlan in this one, Corbin struggles hitting free throws, and
playing as a team at times. I said after seeing all the teams play
in person Harlan, would be cutting down nets this season!