Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Best Boyle County Team
With not much going on in the off-season Lets  have  a fun debate on what the best ever Boyle County Football Team
I would have to say that 2023 Boyle team was without a doubt the best team in the State in all 6 classes. I was talking about this past season just the other day and I don’t know if I ever remember a 4A team that could be placed above the 6A team’s champion. So I’ll say that IMO this recent team earns the discussion of being right in that conversation of the best of all the Boyle Champions. But to be fair, I didn’t get to see every team in person. So one of those Boyle guys I know who has seen all the teams would probably have a better opinion.
yeah that's kinda why I wanted to start the conversation I want to hear other peoples thoughts as theirs been some really good teams
Some aren't old enough to remember, but that 2000-2001 bunch that beat Glasgow in the finals... Well, I'd love to see someone try and beat them. They were incredible.

Lamar Dawson's senior year in 2010 was a special group as well.

Honestly, put a few of them in a hat and pull one out. Doing that would be as good of a guess as you could give yourself credit for.
2000 and 2001 were special teams. AA and AAA champs.

2023 was very talented and ranks among the best Boyle Squads. 2017 was young but that talent would be very close to winning it again in 2019.
(03-07-2024, 11:07 PM)Hatz Wrote: 2000 and 2001 were special teams. AA and AAA champs.

2023 was very talented and ranks among the best Boyle Squads. 2017 was young but that talent would be very close to winning it again in 2019.
For my money, give me the 2001 squad. Almost always their “C” game was better than most teams lighting in a bottle game. Unreal high school team from Kentucky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Hatz
The 2000 Boyle team was by far the best high school team that I have seen play, it was Jeff Duggins Junior year and I have seen every state title team Boyle has put on the field and the 2000 team was definitely Boyle’s best!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(03-10-2024, 10:28 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: The 2000 Boyle team was by far the best high school team that I have seen play, it was Jeff Duggins Junior year and I have seen every state title team Boyle has put on the field and the 2000 team was definitely Boyle’s best!!!

I agree, best high school team I've seen take the field!
[-] The following 1 user Likes toolaidback's post:
  • Jack Lambert
2024 Team
I have seen them all and I can't pick a best one. All the points made are legitimate about the best team, but the argument will never be settled. As a fan just be thankful to be able to have watched these teams play and to have shared in the moment with them. Hope we have another one this year to compare.
[-] The following 2 users Like back country's post:
  • Hatz, The Red Eminence
2003 is often overlooked. However they went 15-0. Hammered Class A State Champ Danville.

Beat Tighlman at PT by 14. That Blue Tornado team was one of their best with Joe Casey, the QB that went to UL among other talents.

Then the throttled HHS in the 2nd half 44-10 after beating them in regular season. Danville was the only other loss the Birds had.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
(03-09-2024, 05:03 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 11:07 PM)Hatz Wrote: 2000 and 2001 were special teams. AA and AAA champs.

For my money, give me the 2001 squad. Almost always their “C” game was better than most teams lighting in a bottle game. Unreal high school team from Kentucky.

2000 and 2001 were the best Boyle teams I've seen.
[-] The following 2 users Like know1's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert
2023 Boyle had 8 kids with D1 offers. That's insane. Talent wise this Boyle team is the best. And Montavin Quisenberry will be the best player to ever play at Boyle County. That also came out of the mouth of Boyle great Matt Quinn.
2024 Team