Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Crossing 69 Bryan Station 61 (11th Region Quarterfinal)
Final from Great Crossing. Bryan Station played the Warhawks tough but Dawson and Moreno were just too much for the Defenders. The Warhawks will take on the Madison Southern/Lexington Christian winner.

Great Crossing was led by Malachi Moreno who was 1 block away from a triple double as he had 21 points 13 rebounds and 9 blocks. Vince Dawson had 22 points and 13 rebounds. The Defenders was led by sophomore Amari Owens who had 31 points in the loss.
[-] The following 2 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Cafe Mocha
Great effort by Station.

Moreno has legit pro potential.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(03-05-2024, 10:39 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Final from Great Crossing. Bryan Station played the Warhawks tough but Dawson and Moreno were just too much for the Defenders. The Warhawks will take on the Madison Southern/Lexington Christian winner.

Great Crossing was led by Malachi Moreno who was 1 block away from a triple double as he had 21 points 13 rebounds and 9 blocks. Vince Dawson had 22 points and 13 rebounds. The Defenders was led by sophomore Amari Owens who had 31 points in the loss.
Why not post scores or your take on the other games in the 11th region? I mean there are 4 other teams.
(03-06-2024, 07:21 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 10:39 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Final from Great Crossing. Bryan Station played the Warhawks tough but Dawson and Moreno were just too much for the Defenders. The Warhawks will take on the Madison Southern/Lexington Christian winner.

Why not post scores or your take on the other games in the 11th region? I mean there are 4 other teams.
Aren’t all the first round games held at the higher seed teams home gym… maybe they attended this game?
Its going to be a #1 Great Crossing vs #2 Lex Catholic final in the 11th Region next Tuesday. I believe Catholic will represent the 11th in the State. Regardless of who wins the winner of the 11th could easily be cutting the nets down at Rupp.

Why don't you?
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Big Daddy Bull
(03-06-2024, 07:21 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:

Feel free to post if you want. I actually watched these two games. Plus if anyone thinks that the other 4 teams had any shot at the 11th they don't. Lex. Cath. won 85-26 and Madison Southern beat LCA 76-70.

There are 3 teams who have a shot to win the 11th and that is Lex. Cath., Douglass and Great Crossing.

You want my take. I think it is Great Crossing's region to lose. They were 4 good teams in the 11th region. GC, Lex. Cath., Douglass, and Station. To me it is about matchups. In the first semi both Douglass and Lex. Cath. matchup well with each other their last game was a 6 point game. The 2nd game will not be close GC defeated Madison Southern by 30 in the regular season.

In the final I think Cath. is a tougher matchup for GC than Douglass is. It will be tough for either team to beat Great Crossing, but I feel that Catholic has a better shot. I really don't think that either will win unless Crossing is a little off if they play like they played the 2nd half vs. Station no one is beating them I think Bryan Station played and shot the very best they could in the first half and they only led by 3. It was like I stated above it is about matchups and of all the teams in the 11th Bryan Station matched up better with Great Crossing than any other team in the region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(03-06-2024, 12:49 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Feel free to post if you want. I actually watched these two games. Plus if anyone thinks that the other 4 teams had any shot at the 11th they don't. Lex. Cath. won 85-26 and Madison Southern beat LCA 76-70.

There are 3 teams who have a shot to win the 11th and that is Lex. Cath., Douglass and Great Crossing.

You want my take. I think it is Great Crossing's region to lose. They were 4 good teams in the 11th region. GC, Lex. Cath., Douglass, and Station. To me it is about matchups. In the first semi both Douglass and Lex. Cath. matchup well with each other their last game was a 6 point game. The 2nd game will not be close GC defeated Madison Southern by 30 in the regular season.

In the final I think Cath. is a tougher matchup for GC than Douglass is. It will be tough for either team to beat Great Crossing, but I feel that Catholic has a better shot. I really don't think that either will win unless Crossing is a little off if they play like they played the 2nd half vs. Station no one is beating them I think Bryan Station played and shot the very best they could in the first half and they only led by 3. It was like I stated above it is about matchups and of all the teams in the 11th Bryan Station matched up better with Great Crossing than any other team in the region.
Agree with all this, did not see the Bryan Station game.  I think the best way to beat GC is shoot a bunch of mid range jumpers. They will run you off the 3-point line and very hard to get to the rim when they have an athletic 7-footer and another 6'7 shot blocker. I think Catholic had them down by 8 going into the 4th Q couple weeks ago. V. Dawson is best player on the team to me.
(03-06-2024, 01:52 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 12:49 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Agree with all this, did not see the Bryan Station game.  I think the best way to beat GC is shoot a bunch of mid range jumpers. They will run you off the 3-point line and very hard to get to the rim when they have an athletic 7-footer and another 6'7 shot blocker. I think Catholic had them down by 8 going into the 4th Q couple weeks ago. V. Dawson is best player on the team to me.

He was last night as well he took the game over for GC in the 3rd quarter. Owens for Station is really special he can shoot the 3 and also take it to the basket as well, plus he is only a sophomore.
(03-06-2024, 12:43 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Why don't you?
Cause I don’t know enough info, but apparently 16BBall Fan knows enough that he would write up about the 2 Lexington/ 11th region teams, but not the other 2 and their result from their game.
(03-06-2024, 10:30 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 12:43 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Why don't you?
Cause I don’t know enough info, but apparently 16BBall Fan knows enough that he would write up about the 2 Lexington/ 11th region teams, but not the other 2 and their result from their game.

Because those were the two games I watched.