Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 65 Estill County 62
Sperry wins it for Breathitt with a 3 that left 2 seconds on the clock. Schotts three (even though he was fouled. No call) was off.
ball hogs rose and schott both ball hogs dont no what team ball is now may be coach change in estill
Im just glad to see someone step up and take a charge on Sperry. It’s there multiple times a game, been screaming it for years!
Looks like you have more time to teach this to the engineers. Always next year he will be back
Isaac Bellamy & Braxton Terry come up huge tonight for Breathitt. Bobcats keep marching
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(03-06-2024, 11:28 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Sperry wins it for Breathitt with a 3 that left 2 seconds on the clock. Schotts three (even though he was fouled. No call) was off.

Wins it for Breathitt?
(03-07-2024, 01:09 AM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 11:28 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Sperry wins it for Breathitt with a 3 that left 2 seconds on the clock. Schotts three (even though he was fouled. No call) was off.

Wins it for Breathitt?

he was the last one who took the shot that put them up with 2 seconds on the clock so technically he won it for Breathitt. 

Terry and Bellamy were both  MVP’s of tonight’s game IMO.
Great game! The environment was electric! As much talent and athleticism as Breathitt has, I still just do not believe the basketball IQ is there for them to beat Hazard. Breathitt was up nearly 9 with 4 minutes to go and Sperry continued to try to call for screens and score the ball. I get he is athletic, but obviously knowing the game in a different way is what separates the good from the great. All in all though, heck of a first-round game.
People are ignorant. Sperry did win it for breathitt tonight but terry and Bellamy were the reason they had a shot at the end. Enjoy the win and move on. It’s no wonder some players play selfish. The parents and family members on here want there pat on the back when their kids play good lol
I don’t think Schott got fouled. Look like more of a flop after a missed shot. With only 2 seconds on the clock I’m not sure how he caught a pass inside the 3pt arc then dribble to the outside of the arc and get a shot off in time.
Poor clock keeper
Bellamy with several big shots in the 2nd half.
Cannot allow Sperry an open shot like that. Defender must close on him and challenge him. Wide open and he knocked it down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Terry and Bellamy won this game and Sperry gets all the credit!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gladiator Man's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
I am shocked that Estill didn't send two at Sperry and make him give it up at the end, just don't leave Bellamy. Hindsight is 20/20 and at the end of the day Sperry took and made a big shot.
They did send 2 but the pressure was soft as Charmin.
They closed out on Sperry the whole 1st half and Braxton Terry shot layups. I think he had 14pts in 1st half alone
Elliot beat themselves bad shots an really bad turn overs in the 2nd half! Terry kept Elliot from running away in the first half an the rest came to life in the second half!
(03-07-2024, 01:15 AM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 01:09 AM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote:

Wins it for Breathitt?

he was the last one who took the shot that put them up with 2 seconds on the clock so technically he won it for Breathitt. 

Terry and Bellamy were both  MVP’s of tonight’s game IMO.

yea I knew what they meant. Just didn’t think “he won it” even though he did make the last second shot. Without the other 2 boys no way would that last second shot have won the game. 
I thought Sperry played great.
Bellamy and Terry definitely carried some of the load for the Bobcats, but Sperry had 18 in the second half and down the stretch in the 4th quarter they cleared it out and let him go to work. He threw several incredible passes to set up his teammates with good shots.
And, of course, ball was in his hands to end the game. Estill sagged off of him because they thought he was going to drive to the basket but he took the shot they gave him and made them pay.

I went back and watched the last shot and I don't think Schott was fouled.
He had to spin around in mid-air to get the shot off and he kicked his legs out and fell down.

Tough ballgame for all the seniors in Estill County. I thought they played a great game but someone had to go home.
(03-07-2024, 05:45 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: I thought Sperry played great.
Bellamy and Terry definitely carried some of the load for the Bobcats, but Sperry had 18 in the second half and down the stretch in the 4th quarter they cleared it out and let him go to work. He threw several incredible passes to set up his teammates with good shots.
And, of course, ball was in his hands to end the game. Estill sagged off of him because they thought he was going to drive to the basket but he took the shot they gave him and made them pay.

He had to spin around in mid-air to get the shot off and he kicked his legs out and fell down.

Tough ballgame for all the seniors in Estill County. I thought they played a great game but someone had to go home.
Don’t know where you got your stats but Sperry only had 15pts for the entire game. Sperry needs to play better defense. He got lit up on the 3pt line by multiple players and he also gave up the game tying 3 but redeemed himself with the game winner. I’m guessing that he gave up more points than he scored. Gotta close out on shooters to advance Saturday
(03-08-2024, 12:41 AM)Wildcat100 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 05:45 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: I thought Sperry played great.

Don’t know where you got your stats but Sperry only had 15pts for the entire game. Sperry needs to play better defense. He got lit up on the 3pt line by multiple players and he also gave up the game tying 3 but redeemed himself with the game winner. I’m guessing that he gave up more points than he scored. Gotta close out on shooters to advance Saturday

Unofficial stats from the broadcast, but I mean he had 2 at halftime so that would put him at 13 in the second half. No one has posted official stats yet so that’s all I have to go by.

Stats may be off but the kid played great and they beat a team that beat them a couple weeks earlier. Hazard will be tough but I won’t think Sperry will be the reason if they come up short in that one (not taking anything away from the rest of the team).
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Wildcat100