Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 76 Lawrence County 65 (15th Region First Round)
Final from Pikeville.
Lawrence County hung around stronger than I thought they would. Pikeville was just able to continually weather the storm and came away on top
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-07-2024, 01:20 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Lawrence County hung around stronger than I thought they would. Pikeville was just able to continually weather the storm and came away on top

I don't watch as much of the 15th as many here, but I was impressed with Lawrence County when I saw them last season. They had some kids who could make shots. I'd always remembered them mauling football teams with Gerad Parker and company, but had never paid tons of attention to their basketball program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • jetpilot
Lawrence Co. played very well I thought. Were behind the whole game and never quit. I can see how they won 24 games this year.
Good Season LC
Lawrence County has been a very solid addition to the 15th Region.
Lawrence had a great yr. Coach Thompson does a great job but this game didn’t feel as the close as the score indicated. Pikeville controlled from start to finish pushing ahead by almost 20.
Pikeville seemed to lead the game by 10+ for the majority. LC cut it to 9 or 8 a few times but then the Panthers pushed it back out.

I know Thompson got coach of the year in the 15th but I believe it should have went to Justice. If you’re undefeated in the region, your coach should be the coach of the year.

Panthers have been the best team all season, they may come up short against MC or in the finals but they’ve been the best team.
Lawrence was gritty, they had relentless pressure all night and every time you’d think they were finished they’d hit a couple shots and grab a steal and get right back in the game somewhat. But ultimately Pikeville was just too much, Fitzer really got going in the second half but Johnson really carried Pikeville offensively. He hit shot after shot.
That was a fun game to watch.
Lawrence is fun to watch. I think they really like playing for their coach and it shows in their gameplay.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL