Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 38 South Laurel 34 (13th Region First Round)
Final.
Leaving zero doubt Coach Davis is the best basket ball coach in the 13th region, who'd have ever thought at the beginning of the season he'd play Harlan County down to the final seconds with a chance to upset the best team in the mountains before coming up 2 points short.

Congrats Bears, I believe South was your toughest hurdle between you and your next stop at Rupp.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spoozer12's post:
  • Cowboy42
(03-08-2024, 12:44 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Leaving zero doubt Coach Davis is the best basket ball coach in the 13th region, who'd have ever thought at the beginning of the season he'd play Harlan County down to the final seconds with a chance to upset the best team in the mountains before coming up 2 points short.

Congrats Bears, I believe South was your toughest hurdle between you and your next stop at Rupp.

Yep, I absolutely concur. Harlan County will roll to the title. Two double digit wins over Clay and Corbin upcoming.
(03-08-2024, 12:44 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Leaving zero doubt Coach Davis is the best basket ball coach in the 13th region, who'd have ever thought at the beginning of the season he'd play Harlan County down to the final seconds with a chance to upset the best team in the mountains before coming up 2 points short.

I agree!  South Laurel had a great game plan, and stuck with it.  Mabe helped a little, too.  Wink
This game was in doubt the whole time, and came down to the teams battling to the buzzer.

Congratulations Black Bears and Cards!!!
(03-08-2024, 01:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Yep, I absolutely concur. Harlan County will roll to the title. Two double digit wins over Clay and Corbin upcoming.

(03-08-2024, 06:17 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

I agree!  South Laurel had a great game plan, and stuck with it.  Mabe helped a little, too.  ;)
This game was in doubt the whole time, and came down to the teams battling to the buzzer.

I'm not saying that Clay County beats Harlan County, but I think it will be a very physical, emotional game. Both teams will wake up the next day know that they were in a battle. Should be a very fun match-up and it is going to be one of about five games this weekend that I'm considering "appointment tv".

I don't see Knox Central getting the upset over Corbin. I don't think Corbin would be favored in the final, but if I close my eyes and squint, I can see a world where they pull off an upset in the final.
(03-08-2024, 01:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Corbin upsets Harlan in championship game…

Jeff Davis best coach in 13th Region..
I think Clay will upset Harlan this time around. Go Tigers
You guys must have watched a different game than me, if you think Davis is the best coach in the Region.
Most losing coaches aren’t the best coaches.
I don't think there's EVER a team that is "destined" to win a tournament. It's why we play the game.
Anything can happen.
(03-08-2024, 06:27 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 01:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

(03-08-2024, 06:17 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

I agree!  South Laurel had a great game plan, and stuck with it.  Mabe helped a little, too.  Wink

I'm not saying that Clay County beats Harlan County, but I think it will be a very physical, emotional game. Both teams will wake up the next day know that they were in a battle. Should be a very fun match-up and it is going to be one of about five games this weekend that I'm considering "appointment tv".

I don't see Knox Central getting the upset over Corbin. I don't think Corbin would be favored in the final, but if I close my eyes and squint, I can see a world where they pull off an upset in the final.

Better be looking through a telescope while you're squinting, Mick.  Corbin , in my mind, should be a significant underdog against HC. Put the dogs at the free throw line in the fourth quarter(if the game is, by some miracle, close) and they will beat themselves. Corbin shoots  59.8% on the season from the FT line. In fact, they really don't shoot it well from anywhere. I was fairly high on this team before the season started but they have performed more like an "also ran" for most of the season.