Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 68 Knox Central 56 (13th Region Semifinal)
Final from The Arena at Corbin.

The Hounds move on to face the winner of Harlan County and Clay County in Monday's final.

Knox Central had an eighth grader who I was pretty impressed with.
Brings to a close a fine career by the young , Mr. Chadwell.

Hounds are in trouble Monday. Only way they are in the game is if they can keep Noah from going off for40+ and shut down Huff like they did a couple of months ago.
Clay and Harlan Co were the two best teams in the region…Old School Hound was wrong in his double digit win prediction for Harlan Co but he’s a clown anyway so I’m sure no one paid much attention to his prediction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nedreader's post:
  • Waitaminute
(03-09-2024, 08:01 PM)nedreader Wrote: Clay and Harlan Co were the two best teams in the region…Old School Hound was wrong in his double digit win prediction for Harlan Co but he’s a clown anyway so I’m sure no one paid much attention to his prediction.

Good riddance to NOT SO BIG  clay  !!!

Now, let's see if your coach can keep his nose clean until next year. 

Clown response as usual. 90% of your posts are irrelevant…should’ve been banned long ago for your childishness and immaturity.
(03-09-2024, 09:20 PM)nedreader Wrote: Clown response as usual.  90% of your posts are irrelevant…should’ve been banned long ago for your childishness and immaturity.

How you have responded here is about as childish as it gets. You are a sore, sore loser. Take a cue from FORMER Clay County Coach Gray and show some class.
GO HOME little  clay!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05
The only plus is you haven’t brought up the Redhound football team and your favorite coach. Continue chiming in with your irrelevant posts…clown.
(03-09-2024, 09:45 PM)nedreader Wrote: The only plus is you haven’t brought up the Redhound football team and your favorite coach.  Continue chiming in with your irrelevant posts…clown.

If your thing isn't a sense of humor, especially the quirky, slightly irreverent kind, then Old School is not for you.  As far as the Redhound football team, they had a magnificent year. I felt like they were the state's best team. I thought the Corbin coach(who I don't care for personally) had a good gameplan in their final game. Fantastic season watching the gridiron Hounds. Old School might be irreverent at times but he's never irrelevant . Smile
(03-10-2024, 12:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 09:45 PM)nedreader Wrote: The only plus is you haven’t brought up the Redhound football team and your favorite coach.  Continue chiming in with your irrelevant posts…clown.

If your thing isn't a sense of humor, especially the quirky, slightly irreverent kind, then Old School is not for you.  As far as the Redhound football team, they had a magnificent year. I felt like they were the state's best team. I thought the Corbin coach(who I don't care for personally) had a good gameplan in their final game. Fantastic season watching the gridiron Hounds. Old School might be irreverent at times but he's never irrelevant . Smile
old school... been thinking of u over the basketball season. what do the hounds have in the tank for this season? our million dollar class got us a region runner up, lets start shakin that can and get us a 2 million dollar class to get us a region title at the least. ur buddy paul taylor gotta get us some more players, maybe 3-4 Kentucky commits this time, and maybe some free camaros or mustangs this time instead of the free trucks....
(03-11-2024, 12:05 AM)REDPUPPY Wrote:

old school... been thinking of u over the basketball season. what do the hounds have in the tank for this season? our million dollar class got us a region runner up, lets start shakin that can and get us a 2 million dollar class to get us a region title at the least. ur buddy paul taylor gotta get us some more players, maybe 3-4 Kentucky commits this time, and maybe some free camaros or mustangs this time instead of the free trucks....

I certainly wouldn't say Paul Taylor is my buddy. B@s turd is more how I would describe him. The reason we didn't win a region title is because Tommy and Dave thought it was cool to have Hazard on the schedule. Replace Hazard by , say, North Laurel or another decent 5A team and we have a better RPI than Boyle. Then the Boyle game would have been here and we would have won a state title. Bottomline, poor scheduling cost us dearly. We had absolutely NOTHING to gain and a LOT to lose by playing a disaster of a 1A team like Hazard.

Now, back to BB. Will the Hounds perform better than their 70-33 debacle of last year? I say maybe 20-25 points better but it won't be enough.
(03-11-2024, 01:48 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 12:05 AM)REDPUPPY Wrote:

I certainly wouldn't say Paul Taylor is my buddy. B@s turd is more how I would describe him. The reason we didn't win a region title is because Tommy and Dave thought it was cool to have Hazard on the schedule. Replace Hazard by , say, North Laurel or another decent 5A team and we have a better RPI than Boyle. Then the Boyle game would have been here and we would have won a state title. Bottomline, poor scheduling cost us dearly. We had absolutely NOTHING to gain and a LOT to lose by playing a disaster of a 1A team like Hazard.

Now, back to BB. Will the Hounds perform better than their 70-33 debacle of last year? I say maybe 20-25 points better but it won't be enough.
Corbin wins tonight against Harlan I’ve said it all season and if they don’t so what.. The Hounds have had a great season but I still think the Hounds cut down the nets tonight at the arena. Now, getting back to football Old School Hound, have you seen this years schedule yet? Are the two year deal signings from last season still in place or have we changed some of those to keep from having too many losses going into playoffs? Everyone knows Boyle County bringing back best team Haddix has ever coached at Boyle County so I’m guessing Hazard will be playing at Corbin this year along with a watered down schedule. RPI will have Corbin going back to Boyle in 3rd round again this year in my opinion. The schedule will tell us a lot soon enough..
(03-09-2024, 04:36 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Final from The Arena at Corbin.

The Hounds move on to face the winner of Harlan County and Clay County in Monday's final.

Knox Central had an eighth grader who I was pretty impressed with.
The officiating in first half was horrific for Knox Central. It was pretty obvious officiating was not not gonna let Chadwell be a factor in this one. I think Knox Centrals three best players had 3-4 fouls going into 2nd half. Harlan would have beat KC also had they got by Corbin but I’d like to seen a better officiated game at Regional Tournament than what I seen…
I wasn’t at the game, but a former official told me it was one of the worst officiated games he had ever saw. Corbin out shot them 39-15 from the free throw line.
(03-13-2024, 01:54 PM)insideinfo Wrote: I wasn’t at the game, but a former official told me it was one of the worst officiated games he had ever saw. Corbin out shot them 39-15 from the free throw line.
Yes Knox Central hit 10 of 15 attempted free throws and Corbin hit 26 of 39 attempted free throws. Knox kids played valiantly against Corbin and some questionable officiating..
Apparently the Panthers need to learn how to guard without fouling. That needs to be their homework assignment heading into next season.
Would expect nothing but Dipstick answer, from a Dipstick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes insideinfo's post:
  • Waitaminute