Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 62 Breathitt County 55 (14th Region Championship)
Perry went from pre season favorites, to middle of the pack left for dead back to region champs. After 2 kids transferred to hazard last year eversole, and combs, then Beverly quit, Kilburn didn’t even get asked to play, but coach Hoskins Found a way to make it work, castle and slone were terrific in the paint to go with woods outside shooting, and sumner neace, miller all played their roles. Congratulations to Perry
When did it become for a coach to ask a kid to play. If kilburn wanted to play he should have came out. Now he missed a chance to play at rupp and he will never get that year back. So who loses?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • Bluecat
Where is the Beverly kid?
He is playing in the NBA D league last I heard.
[-] The following 2 users Like DukeBoy's post:
  • BlackAndYellow, BlackHawk
(03-15-2024, 01:33 AM)Slim one Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 11:51 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: This thread is awfully quiet.
I figure folks would have a lot to say about this one.
Not a lot to say really. Perry outplayed Breathitt this game. There’s no animosity between these two that I know of. Shannon has a lot of friends from his time at Breathitt and I think most people wish Perry the best. Add to that many Breathitt fans felt like the team probably exceeded expectations for the year. Beating Hazard out of regional  play two years straight and 2 out of 3 years in All A probably gets more actionSmile
I gotta disagree with you on this take. The region was really down this year, Breathitt lost 4 starters, Perry & Hazard lost 3 starters. Knott returned all of their team and picked up Huff but we talking about a team that went 13-18 last year. So basically the top teams from last year had several holes to fill.

Preseason Breathitt was ranked #2 by Catspause and #1 by Sportscorner so there was expectation for this team. Fast forward to the season and Breathitt beats everyone in the region and also won the All-A. Then after we knock off Hazard everyone in the county thought we would beat Perry and rightfully so. I understand Breathitt had a great season but in the end it feels like a blown opportunity  and Christmas comes early for PCC
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • DukeBoy
Felt Breathitt had a lot more gaps to fill after losing the 4 Horseman and I got to commend Honeycutt on a great season. I know last game didn’t go as planned but maybe they shouldn’t play each other so much in regular season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Night Train
(03-16-2024, 04:55 PM)By Night Train Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 01:33 AM)Slim one Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 11:51 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: This thread is awfully quiet.
I figure folks would have a lot to say about this one.
Not a lot to say really. Perry outplayed Breathitt this game. There’s no animosity between these two that I know of. Shannon has a lot of friends from his time at Breathitt and I think most people wish Perry the best. Add to that many Breathitt fans felt like the team probably exceeded expectations for the year. Beating Hazard out of regional  play two years straight and 2 out of 3 years in All A probably gets more actionSmile
I gotta disagree with you on this take. The region was really down this year, Breathitt lost 4 starters, Perry & Hazard lost 3 starters. Knott returned all of their team and picked up Huff but we talking about a team that went 13-18 last year. So basically the top teams from last year had several holes to fill.

Preseason Breathitt was ranked #2 by Catspause and #1 by Sportscorner so there was expectation for this team. Fast forward to the season and Breathitt beats everyone in the region and also won the All-A. Then after we knock off Hazard everyone in the county thought we would beat Perry and rightfully so. I understand Breathitt had a great season but in the end it feels like a blown opportunity  and Christmas comes early for PCC
No argument here. Breathitt coulda,shoulda but got beat that night. Blew a great opportunity and think they win 2 of 3.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • Night Train