Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Belfry (OPEN)
Belfry job is officially open.

Who ya got? Who should they pursue?
(03-12-2024, 12:52 AM)15thRegionScoop Wrote: Belfry job is officially open.

Where did you see this? Hagy resign? He needed to just do one sport. Can’t do both. Hopefully they take this hire serious and no longer the laughing stock of the region.
(03-12-2024, 01:00 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Where did you see this? Hagy resign? He needed to just do one sport. Can’t do both. Hopefully they take this hire serious and no longer the laughing stock of the region.
School fb page
(03-12-2024, 01:00 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:

School fb page
I’m assuming Hagy realized he can’t successfully do 2 sports and resigned? Still coaching baseball?
(03-12-2024, 01:03 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 01:00 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:

School fb page
I’m assuming Hagy realized he can’t successfully do 2 sports and resigned? Still coaching baseball?
dont know yet it was posted at 1130 on a monday that anyone interested in the boys basketball job send an email to principal if they were smart they fired him but i dont think they are

Better question is who would be interested? The program was at rock bottom at the end of the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Blacksmith
(03-12-2024, 01:13 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Better question is who would be interested? The program was at rock bottom at the end of the season.

Well the bright side is there is only one way to go and that is up.
Bret Charles be interested?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I’d call Bart Williams. From the area and has had great success.
Bobby Varney?
(03-12-2024, 07:56 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Bret Charles be interested?
i dont know if you want to get into that family as head coach pissing contest but brett would be the best option most likely
(03-12-2024, 03:18 AM)Westside Wrote:

I thought same thing when the fired Thompson. Boy was I wrong
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • Khalisimo
(03-12-2024, 09:20 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
i dont know if you want to get into that family as head coach pissing contest but brett would be the best option most likely

Idk anything about Bret and his family situation just watched his middle school teams play Betsy Layne when he was the coach and they played very well and ran good stuff on offense to be in middle school
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-12-2024, 09:39 AM)Truewords Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 03:18 AM)Westside Wrote:

I thought same thing when the fired Thompson. Boy was I wrong
Well now it is true. I mean technically you could lose by 100 instead of 68 but it can’t get any worse than what it was. Kids were quitting and no effort. You could tell nobody was having fun being a part of that team

(03-12-2024, 10:02 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

Idk anything about Bret and his family situation just watched his middle school teams play Betsy Layne when he was the coach and they played very well and ran good stuff on offense to be in middle school
Good coach and from what I was told although he was on staff he really had no input on the game plan or strategy or anything like that. His father in law has had success coaching at lower levels and was on that staff as an assistant. His son is on the team as a freshman. I’m not saying hire him but get someone who has proven they can win. High school is different than little league and middle school but you have to get someone who will put in the effort and time and kids want to play for.

yep only concern is hes married to the freshman point guards sister and some people are real weird bout that whole family....... power struggle dynamic personally i like them but you know how that bullcrap goes
Did Hagy just resign or was he fired? Figured he told them he couldn’t coach basketball and baseball
(03-12-2024, 10:55 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Did Hagy just resign or was he fired? Figured he told them he couldn’t coach basketball and baseball
I can’t see him leaving on his own. Baseball started yesterday and Belfry lost to a very weak Shelby Valley team. He might be out of baseball after season.
I’d call Rabbit Thompson at Tug Valley and see if he’d be interested in the position. He’s won where he’s coached. Probably wouldn’t be interested but it’s worth a phone call
Did Hagy get pushed out of this job? Does this mean they will push him out of the baseball job as well?
(03-12-2024, 10:44 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:

yep only concern is hes married to the freshman point guards sister and some people are real weird bout that whole family....... power struggle dynamic personally i like them but you know how that bullcrap goes
 I was told he never coached the middle school it was his father in law coaching his travel team. I’m guessing you know why people are “weird” about that family? The folks at Belfry are sorry but no way they stoop that low
(03-12-2024, 12:52 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I’d call Rabbit Thompson at Tug Valley and see if he’d be interested in the position. He’s won where he’s coached. Probably wouldn’t be interested but it’s worth a phone call

If Belfry is truly serious about getting a top level basketball program, Rabbit would be a wonderful hire. If he is looking for a real challenge, and the school would stay out of his way, it could be quite the coup for Belfry basketball.
(03-12-2024, 10:46 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 10:44 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:

I was told he never coached the middle school it was his father in law coaching his travel team. I’m guessing you know why people are “weird” about that family? The folks at Belfry are sorry but no way they stoop that low
Can’t attest to his middle school teams who was calling shots and yeah I do and I see both sides of
I agree with COACHITALL that Belfry is done and NEXT will whip every a$$ on here
Charles has applied. But I was told that in order to be a high school head coach you have to be a teacher or at least be employed by the school. Is that true? Can be an assistant but not the head coach.
(03-12-2024, 10:55 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Did Hagy just resign or was he fired? Figured he told them he couldn’t coach basketball and baseball
He resigned.
(03-13-2024, 11:16 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Charles has applied. But I was told that in order to be a high school head coach you have to be a teacher or at least be employed by the school. Is that true? Can be an assistant but not the head coach.
I don’t think that is true. But they could make him a permanent substitute teacher and give him the job.
(03-13-2024, 11:16 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Charles has applied. But I was told that in order to be a high school head coach you have to be a teacher or at least be employed by the school. Is that true? Can be an assistant but not the head coach.
that isnt true
Why not the Menifee coach? He at least beat them this year haha

It’s “preferred” but not required.
#BBFL
Will Kevin Deskins move over to the boys????