Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2024 Corbin Schedule
(03-21-2024, 05:52 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 04:35 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 03:24 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 02:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 02:14 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Did he begin at Corbin?
He played his Freshman and Sophomore seasons at Corbin. I would consider that Corbin myself. Fine athlete. Division 1 player now at EKU. Like to have 15 more just like him. Work ethic second to none.

So he played from grade school to middle at Whitley? Corbin got him a few years, then finished up at North Laurel. Got it.

(03-21-2024, 03:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Unless Corbin hits the waiver wire hard Pikeville can absolutely win at Corbin.

They may not have any cash to give you at the game because they're trying to throw it all at Peyton Smith..  Big Grin
Actually I believe he started at South Laurel, then went to Whitley, then Corbin, and then North Laurel…Glad we could clear it all up for you….

Theres plenty of money in Corbin to throw at Smith and pay up to Jet if need be…We’re even building another indoor facility, you see that’s what successful districts do, Pikeville is doing the same things as Jett will tell you….Winners focus on winning, investing in their kids, and their futures….Losers focus on Winners….

Corbin has not won anything actually… they play a cupcake schedule then lose in the playoffs. Been 42 years actually.

Also, that was the most expensive region runner up trophy I have ever seen.
If your waiting for me to say it wasn’t worth the money your gonna be waiting awhile, if the twins where in the transfer portal again and I was asked to poney up I’d give my part.  Some of the best football I’ve got to watch last year while they were part of the program.  If Boyle Co had the opportunity to have got them Tarter gates would have went up $5 a panel for awhile….Besides for what we’re paying that clown to coach UK and that nonsense I just got done watching, the twins earned every dime they got last year by comparison….
(03-21-2024, 02:14 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Did he begin at Corbin?
He played his Freshman and Sophomore seasons at Corbin. I would consider that Corbin myself. Fine athlete. Division 1 player now at EKU. Like to have 15 more just like him. Work ethic second to none.

So he played from grade school to middle at Whitley? Corbin got him a few years, then finished up at North Laurel. Got it.

(03-21-2024, 03:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Unless Corbin hits the waiver wire hard Pikeville can absolutely win at Corbin.

They may not have any cash to give you at the game because they're trying to throw it all at Peyton Smith..  Big Grin
Actually I believe he started at South Laurel, then went to Whitley, then Corbin, and then North Laurel…Glad we could clear it all up for you….

Theres plenty of money in Corbin to throw at Smith and pay up to Jet if need be…We’re even building another indoor facility, you see that’s what successful districts do, Pikeville is doing the same things as Jett will tell you….Winners focus on winning, investing in their kids, and their futures….Losers focus on Winners….

Corbin has not won anything actually… they play a cupcake schedule then lose in the playoffs. Been 42 years actually.

Whats wild is they act like they’re the pinnacle of success.. and Bell County has had more success for the 13th region teams than they have the last 5 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • insideinfo
(03-16-2024, 04:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville will steamroll Corbin in the opener.

LOL!
(03-22-2024, 06:28 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 02:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: He played his Freshman and Sophomore seasons at Corbin. I would consider that Corbin myself. Fine athlete. Division 1 player now at EKU. Like to have 15 more just like him. Work ethic second to none.

They may not have any cash to give you at the game because they're trying to throw it all at Peyton Smith..  :D

Whats wild is they act like they’re the pinnacle of success.. and Bell County has had more success for the 13th region teams than they have the last 5 years.

I am surprised that they can still convince kids that they are. I guess they are Kings of the Tr-County
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunninReb's post:
  • Waitaminute
(03-17-2024, 12:36 PM)64SUR Wrote: IF QB Kid Elam returns 8-2 if not 7-3

IF?
(03-21-2024, 02:14 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 11:54 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: From Corbin, he transferred from Corbin.

Did he begin at Corbin?

He was and is a Colonel Smile
Don't know what Corbin's got coming in, but Pikeville with what it has returning should match up well with the Red Hounds. Came very close last season with a win there, but looking for a win to start 24' season.
(03-22-2024, 08:35 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
Don't know what Corbin's got coming in, but Pikeville with what it has returning should match up well with the Red Hounds. Came very close last season with a win there, but looking for a win to start 24' season.

They didn't play last year?
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-22-2024, 10:02 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Your right pj. Year before last. Now you owe me a pulled pork sandwich and a brewski for me admitting that. Sick
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(03-22-2024, 10:42 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:

Your right pj. Year before last. Now you owe me a pulled pork sandwich and a brewski for me admitting that. Sick

Owes me a pulled pork sandwich too. I will provide the brewskis.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, pjdoug
(03-22-2024, 11:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

In that case, ill take a Bud, bud. My turn next, if we can just get pj to come through with the pulled pork.Lol!
(03-22-2024, 11:12 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 08:35 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Don't know what Corbin's got coming in, but Pikeville with what it has returning should match up well with the Red Hounds. Came very close last season with a win there, but looking for a win to start 24' season.

In that case, ill take a Bud, bud. My turn next, if we can just get pj to come through with the pulled pork.Lol!

Absolutely. I will bring multiple brands to get some pulled pork.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-

Anytime my friend. I'm in the process of getting my sauces bottled if you'd like to help me get it on the market Smile
  • Big Five-0-

I'm not joking. I'll really cook some BBQ up for you guys sometime.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Old School Hound
(03-22-2024, 11:12 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 08:35 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Don't know what Corbin's got coming in, but Pikeville with what it has returning should match up well with the Red Hounds. Came very close last season with a win there, but looking for a win to start 24' season.

You can.. lol
  • jetpilot
I like Bbq! PJ can flat out make it! Good stuff!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-, pjdoug
(03-23-2024, 12:49 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I've waited for what seems like a lifetime to get some PJ's PP.  Gonna be a highlight of 2024!!!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-23-2024, 12:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 12:49 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I've waited for what seems like a lifetime to get some PJ's PP.  Gonna be a highlight of 2024!!!  Smile
I shared some at a Corbin game last year..
  • Bull got out!
(03-23-2024, 12:48 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Anytime my friend. I'm in the process of getting my sauces bottled if you'd like to help me get it on the market Smile
Buddy, if I can think of a way to get your sauce on the market ill do it No fee or royalties, just helping a good friend out!
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
Pikeville loaded Douglass is who they are JC will be tough and grind it out got a lot coming back never count out catholic PC never know don’t thing they can pull off the win and don’t know anything about North Hardin there for I say 6-4 at worst or 10-0at best then loss to Boyle Co in the playoff
Corbin would have to be a 4 seed to play Boyle possibly in the 3rd round. The away game at Johnson Central could determine who plays who since Ashland and JC play each other. I think Ashland, Johnson Central, Corbin and Covington Catholic will be more competitive games this year. Ashland seems to be in the trending upwards mode at the moment and may throw a twist to the mix. Corbin may be the 4 seed though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42
(04-09-2024, 09:47 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin would have to be a 4 seed to play Boyle possibly in the 3rd round. The away game at Johnson Central could determine who plays who since Ashland and JC play each other. I think Ashland, Johnson Central, Corbin and Covington Catholic will be more competitive games this year. Ashland seems to be in the trending upwards mode at the moment and may throw a twist to the mix. Corbin may be the 4 seed though.
Bull, why would Corbin have to be the #4 seed to play Boyle in Round 3?  That assumes that Boyle will be #1. Isn't seedings based on the dumb RPI? Boyle will be the best team but will they have the best RPI? Last season, didn't CC have the best RPI in 4A?  RPI is stupid and the best teams don't always have the best RPI's. At this point,  pure speculation and guessing is as good as anything in determining playoff matchups.
(04-09-2024, 10:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 09:47 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin would have to be a 4 seed to play Boyle possibly in the 3rd round. The away game at Johnson Central could determine who plays who since Ashland and JC play each other. I think Ashland, Johnson Central, Corbin and Covington Catholic will be more competitive games this year. Ashland seems to be in the trending upwards mode at the moment and may throw a twist to the mix. Corbin may be the 4 seed though.
Bull, why would Corbin have to be the #4 seed to play Boyle in Round 3?  That assumes that Boyle will be #1. Isn't seedings based on the dumb RPI? Boyle will be the best team but will they have the best RPI? Last season, didn't CC have the best RPI in 4A?  RPI is stupid and the best teams don't always have the best RPI's. At this point,  pure speculation and guessing is as good as anything in determining playoff matchups.

You are absolutely right. But I think the other teams are not gonna be as strong this year. Boyle will be. But you never know what will happen over the season. So even if Covington Catholic ran the table and was the top seed again, it still puts Boyle most likely at the 2cd spot and that game at JC on the road is still a pivotal game for seeding. Since those 2 teams are always a top 4 team in the East. But I don’t see Covington Catholic running the table this year. Boyle has the best chance to go undefeated. So that’s why think they most likely will be the 1 seed this year. But you know how every year it’s unpredictable.
(03-23-2024, 10:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I like Bbq! PJ can flat out make it! Good stuff!!

If I cook a pig soon I hope you can come eat with me.
  • Bull got out!
I’ll definitely try!!!
(04-09-2024, 10:39 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 10:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

You are absolutely right. But I think the other teams are not gonna be as strong this year. Boyle will be. But you never know what will happen over the season. So even if Covington Catholic ran the table and was the top seed again, it still puts Boyle most likely at the 2cd spot and that game at JC on the road is still a pivotal game for seeding. Since those 2 teams are always a top 4 team in the East. But I don’t see Covington Catholic running the table this year. Boyle has the best chance to go undefeated. So that’s why think they most likely will be the 1 seed this year. But you know how every year it’s unpredictable.

I feel pretty much the same way. It was evident from very early on last season that Cov Cath was gonna win the RPI and get #1.  Don't know if they will be able to match that this season. I, too, think Boyle will be the #1, as they should be. They Corbin-JC game is gonna be key.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, The Red Eminence
Breakfast with the three wisemen this morning and looks like changes coming shortly on the gridiron for the Hounds..Shake, Rattle and Roll baby…