Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2024 Corbin Schedule
(03-17-2024, 01:35 PM)CC117 Wrote: I don't consider it taking any bait I just kinda enjoy seeing someone from Corbin refuse to acknowledge the obvious.  The 'best' teams find a way.  That's factual.  Did Corbin have the most talent?  Maybe.  But that's far from making a team the best.  Go win one and maybe you get taken seriously OSH.  Until then, 41 years is a long time
Indeed it is. A lot old farts have done a lot wrong in those 41 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Losing the opening game to Pikeville will certainly make things interest in 2024.
I don’t know if Pikeville will beat them but they can. They were a fingertip catch away from beating them 2 years ago and that was before the Panthers settled on their starting QB. Both have a lot of talent back and it will be a great test for both teams.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Buffs19, Son of the Alamo
Tough schedule. Should have them prepared. The Pikeville and FD games will be good games. I think JC appears to be down with a lot of young players in the line up.
(03-18-2024, 10:37 AM)Belichick Wrote: I don’t know if Pikeville will beat them but they can. They were a fingertip catch away from beating them 2 years ago and that was before the Panthers settled on their starting QB. Both have a lot of talent back and it will be a great test for both teams.

That was also a debut for Kid Elam who came in and erased a deficit to get his first win at QB. It was a good game. I hope Jett don’t go broke betting on this one.  Smile
(03-18-2024, 11:29 AM)Upnorth Wrote: Tough schedule. Should have them prepared. The Pikeville and FD games will be good games. I think JC appears to be down with a lot of young players in the line up.

Johnson Central is like a hornets nest, you don’t get around that hive without getting stung. I think they may be young, but they are still tuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Son of the Alamo
(03-18-2024, 12:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(03-18-2024, 10:37 AM)Belichick Wrote: I don’t know if Pikeville will beat them but they can. They were a fingertip catch away from beating them 2 years ago and that was before the Panthers settled on their starting QB. Both have a lot of talent back and it will be a great test for both teams.

That was also a debut for Kid Elam who came in and erased a deficit to get his first win at QB. It was a good game. I hope Jett don’t go broke betting on this one.  Smile

I have great respect for Pikeville. One of the best programs in the state of Kentucky and  maybe the only 1A program that can consistently compete with bigger schools . However,  Pikeville ain't winning at Corbin in 2024. For those who didn't catch that the first time, PIKEVILLE AIN'T WINNING AT CORBIN IN 2024!  Please stop the crazy talk!

(03-18-2024, 12:04 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(03-18-2024, 11:29 AM)Upnorth Wrote: Tough schedule. Should have them prepared. The Pikeville and FD games will be good games. I think JC appears to be down with a lot of young players in the line up.

Johnson Central is like a hornets nest, you don’t get around that hive without getting stung. I think they may be young, but they are still tuff.

Great respect for that program , as well. Young or not, they are always tough... SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL TOUGH!
(03-18-2024, 12:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Bring a huge sack of money to the game but make sure you have enough gas to get back home! #35 for Pikeville will leave cleat marks on the Corbin defensive players from head to toe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
Last year was last year. Was Corbin the most talented team from top to bottom? I can see that argument and may even make it myself. Was Corbin the best team in the sense of providing a bigger mismatch for most teams in the state? I can see that argument and may even make it myself. On paper, I can make that argument about being better than Boyle. That said, games aren't played on paper. Boyle won the game when it mattered and that makes them the "best team". Homefield and hurdles are just points to dissect things about that game.

If I were being totally objective just from seeing both teams, I would say it was like this.
Corbin probably wins 8/10 vs Boyle at Campbell Field
Boyle probably wins 8/10 vs Corbin at Boyle
On a neutral field, I personally would think that Corbin would win 6/10 but that could very easily flip from 5/10 or 7/10. It's all moot though because the only one that mattered happened how it did. Congrats to Justin and the Rebels. We give him hell but Tommy is a good coach. He's a great defensive mind and from my interactions, seems like a good guy. Justin doesn't have the Defensive knowledge as Tommy but I think he will be but he's better at getting the most out of the kids on his team aspect and for certain offensively.

That's all I will say about Corbin and Boyle until they potentially play again this year. I don't dwell in the past. Unlike half of the town, 1982 State Championship doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Good on them for winning and they should be proud but that was then. We in Corbin need to focus on adding to the trophy case, not dwelling on the days of old. That is the biggest thing holding the program back. The folks in charge need to let the current kids have their time and glory, not bring the program down because they aren't getting as many pats on the back as they did 40-45 years ago when they had their time under the limelight.
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Hatz, Son of the Alamo
fORTY TWO AND COUNTING. Corbin wins the SCW championship again. Shouda, Couda, Wouda. Add the district title to that and you won 2 championships last year. I wondered how long it would take to for the Corbin faithful rear their heads and convince themselves that they actually were state champs. Don't pay any attention to that scoreboard, that is just for all those other people to feel good about their teams over the las 42 years. It is only March. What will you have in store for April FOOLS Day, a national championship?
[-] The following 3 users Like back country's post:
  • CC117, Cowboy42, Hatz
(03-17-2024, 02:41 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 12:33 PM)HighViz Wrote: I sincerely hope the Boyle people don’t take the bait that’s offered above.  We still can’t get over ourselves it seems.  I think we should just play football, win. Not talk about other teams. The best TEAM gets the trophy, gets fitted for rings while the other fill the world with excuses.  Being the winning team is always more than a single play, or player.  3 phases to the game plus coaching. Those 4 things have to work together.  I prefer we admit we were owned and just try to do better next time.

8-2

I've said on here and other places and to anyone who would listen, I think Corbin was the 2nd best team in the state last year behind Boyle.  I think Boyle and Corbin both beat Trinity and Bowling Green.  That game at Boyle was some high level football.  I was at the Danville game in '02 when Danville beat Boyle and ended Boyle's 47 game (i think) win streak.  I'm told there were more people at that game than at the Corbin game this past fall.  People who would know tell me this, but if there were I don't know where they would have stood.  What a rock fight.  Congrats again to both teams.  A lot of people are glad that Quisenberry only has one more year.  I'm glad Elam only has one more year.
Without question, the two best teams in he state. It was exciting see those two teams on the field together. It's a rare occurrence to get to see the two best clash like that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • back country, Bull got out!, Hatz
(03-16-2024, 10:19 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 09:44 AM)Corbin Wrote: Who are the lineman and running back?

Four incoming lineman and one stud RB already offered D1
So apparently without transfers, Corbin would be just like everyone else that
doesn't have transfers consistently.   What would the team be without all 
these D1 Transfers every year?   We'll never know apparently!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • Diogenes
(03-19-2024, 01:04 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote:

What would NL have been without a running back, from Corbin, transferring in a couple years ago?  You can’t have it both ways, almost every school is getting transfers just because Corbin is able to do more with the ones they get doesn’t diminish the fact that others are getting transfers too…
(03-20-2024, 03:46 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

What would NL have been without a running back, from Corbin, transferring in a couple years ago?  You can’t have it both ways, almost every school is getting transfers just because Corbin is able to do more with the ones they get doesn’t diminish the fact that others are getting transfers too…

Correct.  Transfers are now part of the very fabric of the football landscape. A person can like it or not like it but it is here to stay. No one should be complaining about any school working the portal. Schools like Corbin that have strong athletic and academic programs will do very well in this era of transfers.
(03-20-2024, 03:46 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

From Whitley.
From Corbin, he transferred from Corbin
(03-15-2024, 08:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Federick Douglass will be looking to get back that loss last season as Corbin will be on the road in that one. Pikeville will no doubt be a good one. Its early and that is a tone setter for the season. Corbin will have to thread the needle offensively though. Lexington Catholic is always a tuff team. But they lost that QB they have had for a while and someone else will have to step up for them. It could be a shootout but it's at Corbin. The other big game is Johnson Central. That is on the road and as I remember, Corbin lost the last time we were in that part of Kentucky. I think These are the 4 games to keep an eye on. The key for Corbin for this coming year is to set the tone offensively in every game and they have the right QB to do so. I think Corbin will be fine offensively. I just want to see how that defense looks. Corbin takes a hit this season and will be young in a lot of positions. I think Corbin has a good season. I don't see 10-0. I'm hearing this year's Frederick Douglass is a good one. Pulaski had the coaching change and I'll need to see what they look like before I can say much about that game. But I have to give the edge to Corbin because of Elam. 

Corbin plays 2 of the 4 tuff games at home. 

I'm gonna say at worst case 7-3. Losses to Pikeville, Frederick Douglass, Johnson Central. 
Best Case 9-1. Loss to Federick Douglass on the road. 

* Corbin plays 2 of the 4 tuff games in Corbin. Corbin will be hard to beat at home. 
Thats just what I see based on my opinions. If Grannybear is right and they go 10-0, I aint shaving my head or anything.. Smile

The bolded... This is what I say.
(03-21-2024, 02:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 08:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Federick Douglass will be looking to get back that loss last season as Corbin will be on the road in that one. Pikeville will no doubt be a good one. Its early and that is a tone setter for the season. Corbin will have to thread the needle offensively though. Lexington Catholic is always a tuff team. But they lost that QB they have had for a while and someone else will have to step up for them. It could be a shootout but it's at Corbin. The other big game is Johnson Central. That is on the road and as I remember, Corbin lost the last time we were in that part of Kentucky. I think These are the 4 games to keep an eye on. The key for Corbin for this coming year is to set the tone offensively in every game and they have the right QB to do so. I think Corbin will be fine offensively. I just want to see how that defense looks. Corbin takes a hit this season and will be young in a lot of positions. I think Corbin has a good season. I don't see 10-0. I'm hearing this year's Frederick Douglass is a good one. Pulaski had the coaching change and I'll need to see what they look like before I can say much about that game. But I have to give the edge to Corbin because of Elam. 

I'm gonna say at worst case 7-3. Losses to Pikeville, Frederick Douglass, Johnson Central. 

* Corbin plays 2 of the 4 tuff games in Corbin. Corbin will be hard to beat at home. 
Thats just what I see based on my opinions. If Grannybear is right and they go 10-0, I aint shaving my head or anything.. Smile

Frederick Douglass since Coach Mcpeek took over has raised the bar and I see it. They just are as tuff as it gets. Definitely will be a tuff opponent.
  • Son of the Alamo
(03-20-2024, 11:54 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: From Corbin, he transferred from Corbin

I’m very proud of this kid. Yes, I watched him play in many games at Corbin.
(03-21-2024, 09:05 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 02:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Frederick Douglass since Coach Mcpeek took over has raised the bar and I see it. They just are as tuff as it gets. Definitely will be a tuff opponent.

I think he is a fine coach. I'd be thrilled to have him as coach.
(03-20-2024, 11:54 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: From Corbin, he transferred from Corbin.

Did he begin at Corbin?
(03-17-2024, 08:16 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Losing the opening game to Pikeville will certainly make things interest in 2024.

That ain't happening...
(03-21-2024, 02:14 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Did he begin at Corbin?
He played his Freshman and Sophomore seasons at Corbin. I would consider that Corbin myself. Fine athlete. Division 1 player now at EKU. Like to have 15 more just like him. Work ethic second to none.
(03-21-2024, 02:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 08:16 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Losing the opening game to Pikeville will certainly make things interest in 2024.
Jett’s applying for a grant. To cover a bet lol. 

That ain't happening...
Unless Corbin hits the waiver wire hard Pikeville can absolutely win at Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(03-21-2024, 02:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Did he begin at Corbin?
He played his Freshman and Sophomore seasons at Corbin. I would consider that Corbin myself. Fine athlete. Division 1 player now at EKU. Like to have 15 more just like him. Work ethic second to none.

So he played from grade school to middle at Whitley? Corbin got him a few years, then finished up at North Laurel. Got it.

(03-21-2024, 03:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Unless Corbin hits the waiver wire hard Pikeville can absolutely win at Corbin.

They may not have any cash to give you at the game because they're trying to throw it all at Peyton Smith..  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-21-2024, 03:24 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Did he begin at Corbin?

So he played from grade school to middle at Whitley? Corbin got him a few years, then finished up at North Laurel. Got it.

(03-21-2024, 03:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Unless Corbin hits the waiver wire hard Pikeville can absolutely win at Corbin.

They may not have any cash to give you at the game because they're trying to throw it all at Peyton Smith..  Big Grin
Actually I believe he started at South Laurel, then went to Whitley, then Corbin, and then North Laurel…Glad we could clear it all up for you….

Theres plenty of money in Corbin to throw at Smith and pay up to Jet if need be…We’re even building another indoor facility, you see that’s what successful districts do, Pikeville is doing the same things as Jett will tell you….Winners focus on winning, investing in their kids, and their futures….Losers focus on Winners….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Waitaminute
(03-21-2024, 04:35 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 03:24 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Did he begin at Corbin?

They may not have any cash to give you at the game because they're trying to throw it all at Peyton Smith..  :D
Actually I believe he started at South Laurel, then went to Whitley, then Corbin, and then North Laurel…Glad we could clear it all up for you….

Theres plenty of money in Corbin to throw at Smith and pay up to Jet if need be…We’re even building another indoor facility, you see that’s what successful districts do, Pikeville is doing the same things as Jett will tell you….Winners focus on winning, investing in their kids, and their futures….Losers focus on Winners….

Corbin has not won anything actually… they play a cupcake schedule then lose in the playoffs. Been 42 years actually.

Also, that was the most expensive region runner up trophy I have ever seen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunninReb's post:
  • Waitaminute
(03-17-2024, 12:33 PM)HighViz Wrote: I sincerely hope the Boyle people don’t take the bait that’s offered above. We still can’t get over ourselves it seems. I think we should just play football, win. Not talk about other teams. The best TEAM gets the trophy, gets fitted for rings while the other fill the world with excuses. Being the winning team is always more than a single play, or player. 3 phases to the game plus coaching. Those 4 things have to work together. I prefer we admit we were owned and just try to do better next time.

8-2

I realized pretty quick last year that he’s delusional.

Smile The waiver wire...... I have lost it lol. Thats funny.
  • jetpilot