Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co 11 Jackson City 1
Bobcats took care business and control the whole game. Breathitt bats really came alive and hit ball hard.
Is Bellamy out with a shoulder injury ?? If so not good for the bobcats
Bellamy isn’t missing baseball season if he only plays with one arm.
Bellamy played this weekend at short so I doubt he’s hurt. I know he threw a couple innings against Pikeville but played the field afterwards. I think Combs is just working him in to start out the year because he just got done with basketball.
Bellamy out for 2-3 weeks. Shoulder tendinitis confirmed from team dad.

Hard for a kid to come out of basketball and a banger of a game the day before then into a meaningful game. No telling how much he was throwing but baseball is his ticket. All about winning a big game early but at what expense?
(03-18-2024, 12:38 AM)SidelineFan Wrote: Bellamy out for 2-3 weeks. Shoulder tendinitis confirmed from team dad.

Hard for a kid to come out of basketball and a banger of a game the day before then into a meaningful game. No telling how much he was throwing but baseball is his ticket. All about winning a big game early but at what expense?
I would just go look at the stats for that game. Looks like he threw around 50 pitches. He’s been throwing pens all through the fall and winter. 50 pitches, that is basically a live pen. Now I would understand if he went 4-5 innings and tried to win the ball game With him but that was not the case.  Howard threw the others and had a great game looks like. Talked to his dad. He’s not out. Just holding him off of pitching for another week. Which in my opinion helps Breathitt. See if they have some guys they can put on the hill to win some games other that Bellamy.
If he has been throwing then 50 isn't troublesome. Like old school said that is basically pen work anyhow.
Looks like we will take the crown again in the 14th Bellamy healthy is huge key