•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
Who’d they get from Betsy Layne?
I know Martin didn’t lose every single player I just meant that they’re best players. Probably their top 4 players are gone. 1 starter returns I’m pretty sure. I’m pretty sure Estridge came off the bench last season for Prestonsburg
He would have fit better on the hill, don’t see Martin County winning over Paintsville or Johnson Central. Estridge played with us, the kid is electric, all our players played harder around him and says a lot cause we got a couple guys always plays hard. I think Estridge started more games then he came off the bench but according to what we was told him coming off bench at end was reason he was leaving. To me the two most important players looking to transfer was Estridge and Ethan Cole with Jackson Keene at 3, don’t know if anyone could impact a game like Estridge, he could have won Region on the hill but don’t know why Martin County is even in the conversation because Paintsville and JC will romp Martin County. We wish him the best but Martin County will be way down next season he’ll have no help. Now let’s hope we get Chris
(04-25-2024, 11:34 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: He would have fit better on the hill, don’t see Martin County winning over Paintsville or Johnson Central. Estridge played with us, the kid is electric, all our players played harder around him and says a lot cause we got a couple guys always plays hard. I think Estridge started more games then he came off the bench but according to what we was told him coming off bench at end was reason he was leaving. To me the two most important players looking to transfer was Estridge and Ethan Cole with Jackson Keene at 3, don’t know if anyone could impact a game like Estridge, he could have won Region on the hill but don’t know why Martin County is even in the conversation because Paintsville and JC will romp Martin County. We wish him the best but Martin County will be way down next season he’ll have no help. Now let’s hope we get Chris
I don’t know if Martin county can beat Paintsville or JC but they should still be top 5 in the region.
(04-25-2024, 11:34 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: He would have fit better on the hill, don’t see Martin County winning over Paintsville or Johnson Central. Estridge played with us, the kid is electric, all our players played harder around him and says a lot cause we got a couple guys always plays hard. I think Estridge started more games then he came off the bench but according to what we was told him coming off bench at end was reason he was leaving. To me the two most important players looking to transfer was Estridge and Ethan Cole with Jackson Keene at 3, don’t know if anyone could impact a game like Estridge, he could have won Region on the hill but don’t know why Martin County is even in the conversation because Paintsville and JC will romp Martin County. We wish him the best but Martin County will be way down next season he’ll have no help. Now let’s hope we get Chris

Spriggs isn't going nowhere.

Didn't you say wherever he goes will be a favorite to win region a few posts back?

I would venture to say Martin County was a threat before they added him and even more so now, JJ will have them ready to play come next season just like always.
I hope so for the player, he’s an outstanding kid but on paper I’d have the 3rd in their District. What’s your opinion on them? Do you think he’s enough to over the two Paintsville Schools? Pay attention to the Bobcats, we got one coming next week
(Yesterday, 05:36 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: I hope so for the player, he’s an outstanding kid but on paper I’d have the 3rd in their District. What’s your opinion on them? Do you think he’s enough to over the two Paintsville Schools? Pay attention to the Bobcats, we got one coming next week
I doubt anyone is going there. I keep reading on here that they are, but it never happens. The Bobcats should concentrate on keeping Allen. He will help them if the coach would stop trying to run him off, which happened twice last year. He already ran off Brayden Hall, who would have been a big contributor. Collins heading to JC is a red flag. I'm not sure why any kid would want to go into that environment, since the ones there don't stay.
I keep seeing that people are saying JC & Paintsville. JC finished 1 game over .500 and Paintsville 7 games under .500. They are young and will get better, but they are still young. Maynard at MC may be the best player in their district. 
Pikeville has plenty of talent, but most of it hasn't played much. PC probably has most talent of all teams and most likely has the regional POY in Stewart. Throw in Slone, Hall and the rest of the soon the be sophomores that finished as state runners up when they were in 8th grade, and you have a possible regional champ. Floyd Central has a top PG and SG, but will need lots of more help. Prestonsburg has experience, but lost a big contributor to MC and HC concerns. It's crazy times, and its still not even May yet.
Didn't know Jaxon Estridge personally, but from afar he always seemed respectful and seems like a good kid.

I wish him nothing but success.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)