Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
Wish flinchum would come play with sperry at breathitt. That would be a great duo
(05-06-2024, 08:08 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Wish flinchum would come play with sperry at breathitt. That would be a great duo
You may very well get that wish I'm hearing flinchum is done at wolfe an breathitt will be his new home guess we will see in the next few weeks
(05-06-2024, 12:46 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: Are the rumors true?
Did we lose Sperry to prep school?
Seriously what’s he gonna do at a prep school? I don’t think he has enough game to play on that level. He will be at Breathitt for his senior year
(05-07-2024, 03:15 AM)Parkway_Paul Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 12:46 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: Are the rumors true?
Did we lose Sperry to prep school?
Seriously what’s he gonna do at a prep school? I don’t think he has enough game to play on that level. He will be at Breathitt for his senior year
I'm gonna have to disagree on this one that boy has several division one offers I think he'd be just fine at a prep school long as he can control his emotions that's the kids worst flaw is his attitude but he's young an hopefully time an maturity will change that!
Sperry can play prep school. Games easier when you play with more talented players on your team.
(05-07-2024, 09:15 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Sperry can play prep school.  Games easier when you play with more talented players on your team.
The kid has been surrounded by talent his whole high school career. I think his weaknesses got exposed this past season due to playing on a less talented team. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t recall him receiving any college offers this year
(05-07-2024, 11:08 AM)Parkway_Paul Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 09:15 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Sperry can play prep school.  Games easier when you play with more talented players on your team.
The kid has been surrounded by talent his whole high school career. I think his weaknesses got exposed this past season due to playing on a less talented team. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t recall him receiving any college offers this year
Talent, like as in Prep School Talented kids?  Really?  Other D1 players? Or do you mean ALC JV players?
Sperry was not even the most talented kid on his high school team until this year. Prep school is a different animal and I’m sure he could find a home somewhere but would it be like team Thad were he seldom gets minutes on the floor
Dude you not been to the games in a while? He’s been Breathitts best player since his freshman year.
Oh yeah I have attended many more games than you have
Well then you should know he’s been their best for a while. Who was better than him?
(05-07-2024, 01:46 PM)Parkway_Paul Wrote: Sperry was not even the most talented kid on his high school team until this year. Prep school is a different animal and I’m sure he could find a home somewhere but would it be like team Thad were he seldom gets minutes on the floor
This is a really funny comment considering he’s been the best player in the region since he was a freshman. Who was better? Genuinely asking if you can answer
(05-07-2024, 10:18 PM)Cerberus Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 01:46 PM)Parkway_Paul Wrote: Sperry was not even the most talented kid on his high school team until this year. Prep school is a different animal and I’m sure he could find a home somewhere but would it be like team Thad were he seldom gets minutes on the floor
This is a really funny comment considering he’s been the best player in the region since he was a freshman. Who was better? Genuinely asking if you can answer
Best player in the region since he was a freshman?  I can name several players in the region that was a lot better than him his freshman & sophomore year. 

Not trying to take anything away from Sperry he has been a great player but Breathitt won the All-A without Sperry in 2022.
(Yesterday, 12:27 AM)Parkway_Paul Wrote:
Best player in the region since he was a freshman?  I can name several players in the region that was a lot better than him his freshman & sophomore year. 

Not trying to take anything away from Sperry he has been a great player but Breathitt won the All-A without Sperry in 2022.
His first freshman year I agree nobody really heard much about him but you could see the potential was there his second freshman year is when he really started show that he was going to be a player to watch in the coming years an for the past two years I would say he has been breathitts best player who would you say is better in the 14th then sperry I could make the argument of flinchum cause his shooting percentages are better then sperrys but I think the age gap an experience sperry has he edges flinchum out by a hair, eversole could also be put in there he can get to the goal rebounds is hard to guard but he can't handle the ball like sperry. I'm a hazard fan through an through an don't care much for breathitts school system but I will give their players credit when its due!
We played Breathitt when he was a sophomore and the best player on that team far and away was the kid that played center, Christian (don't know the last name). Sperry was the best athlete by far, but player no. And he struggles on the travel circuit whenever he faces an equal athlete. He may be better than a lot of mtn kids but at the prep or travel level he is one of many. And considering the age of those offers(they offered based on initial athleticism and time to improve) I'd be really surprised if any of them are still available. With todays portal etc, offers are based on right now not 2 years later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shottaker23's post:
  • Parkway_Paul
(Yesterday, 10:16 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:
We played Breathitt when he was a sophomore and the best player on that team far and away was the kid that played center, Christian (don't know the last name). Sperry was the best athlete by far, but player no. And he struggles on the travel circuit whenever he faces an equal athlete. He may be better than a lot of mtn kids but at the prep or travel level he is one of many. And considering the age of those offers(they offered based on initial athleticism and time to improve) I'd be really surprised if any of them are still available. With todays portal etc, offers are based on right now not 2 years later.
Pretty sure Darin Horn at Northern offered about 6 months ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • shottaker23
Yep Christian Collins was Breathitt’s best player when they made the All-A run in 2022 and then won region in 2023

Rivals.com shows Sperry with zero offers at the moment. He is unranked by Rivals. If NKY offered he better jump on that opportunity
[-] The following 1 user Likes Parkway_Paul's post:
  • shottaker23
Idk why this has turned in to a hate on sperry post but come on you can't take away that the kid is talented an a good player. Christian was good for his position but he couldn't get into the scoring position that sperry can get himself in or free up other players to get shots. Collins was also 6ft 10 when everyone else in the 14th is 6ft 6 at the most so height played a huge advantage seemed to me like all Collins worried about was leaking out to get a dunk an played very lax defense an sperry does the same at times but still yet all around he is the better player
Who is hating? The thread was about transfers and someone said Sperry was going to prep school which is obviously not true. I simply said Sperry is not prep school material. If you guys would watch basketball outside the 14th region you would understand.
Say what? Checked the stats from a tournament he played with Team Thad. He averaged 17 points a game. Played with Jasper Johnson. Heard of him? Doesn’t sound like he was a bench setter.

(Yesterday, 12:02 PM)Parkway_Paul Wrote: Yep Christian Collins was Breathitt’s best player when they made the All-A run in 2022 and then won region in 2023

Rivals.com shows Sperry with zero offers at the moment. He is unranked by Rivals. If NKY offered he better jump on that opportunity
I’m trying to get word to him that you said he’d better jump on the Northern offer! I’m sure he’ll get on the horn to Horn right away! Seriously dude, get a life and quit acting like are some kind of sports critic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • Parkway_Paul
(Yesterday, 01:41 PM)Slim one Wrote:
Say what? Checked the stats from a tournament he played with Team Thad. He averaged 17 points a game. Played with Jasper Johnson. Heard of him? Doesn’t sound like he was a bench setter.

(Yesterday, 12:02 PM)Parkway_Paul Wrote: Yep Christian Collins was Breathitt’s best player when they made the All-A run in 2022 and then won region in 2023

I’m trying to get word to him that you said he’d better jump on the Northern offer! I’m sure he’ll get on the horn to Horn right away! Seriously dude, get a life and quit acting like are some kind of sports critic.
Everybody is sports critics an knows it all these days! Not sure why people want to discredit an athlete when he has already proven how good he is! I look forward to seeing another great game between hazard an breathitt this coming year its always a great match up!
Guys when you think of Breathitt basketball, you think of Austin Sperry. No disrespect to Luke, Brice, Christian, or Jaylen because they were all good players. But Sperry has been the man for a while.
(Yesterday, 11:24 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Guys when you think of Breathitt basketball, you think of Austin Sperry.  No disrespect to Luke, Brice, Christian, or Jaylen because they were all good players.  But Sperry has been the man for a while.
Oh no doubt about that. He’s been a fixture for going on 6yrs now lol. I agree he is the man but for my money I’d take Christian Collins over him any day of the week
I’d rather have Sperry.
(Yesterday, 11:53 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’d rather have Sperry.
Looking at today’s edition of the local paper. Austin should easily break the all time scoring record at Breathitt next season and has over 2,000 points, 640 rebounds, is only a couple hundred yards shy of the receiving record in football and holds the school record in the high jump at 6’2”. Also says he’s a 3 time all state selection and will be on the Ky Junior all star team that plays Indiana. Seems like he’s in a good position going into his senior year at Breathitt.