Poll: Oakland vs. Kentucky
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Oakland
20.00%
Kentucky
80.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakland vs. Kentucky Predictions/Updates (NCAA Tournament)
(03-20-2024, 06:32 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 09:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: ChatGPT predicted:

UK  86  Oakland  65
UK  77  Texas Tech  71
UK  79  Marquette  75
Houston  82  UK  78

Oh, and it also predicted that some KY billhillies  will be calling for Cal to be fired after the loss to Houston in the Elite Eight round.  That's the most predictable thing ever.

KenPom:

AdjO = Adjusted Offensive Efficiency

AdjD = Adjusted Defensive Efficiency

UK :   Ranked #5 in  AdjO ;  ranked #110 in AdjD  (No team ranked worse than #17 in AdjD has ever won a national championship)

Oak:  Ranked #134 in AdjO ; ranked #165 in AdjD

Net Overall Efficiency(AdjO - AdjD) :  UK is ranked #21  ;  Oakland is ranked #137.

Based on net overall efficiency ,  KenPom has Kentucky winning by 17.

Factoid:   There are nine teams that have worse seedings than UK that have a better overall KenPom ranking( SD St. #20 , Mich St. #19,  St Mary's #18,  Wisconsin #17 , BYU #16 , Gonzaga #15 , Alabama #13 , Duke #8, Auburn #4).

I could be off base here, but I think it's starting to dawn on you that the committee doesn't seed based on KenPom, JimBob or any other system. And yes the more Calipari doesn't perform, the more people will want rid of him and his obscenely excessive pay package.

I could be off base here, but the selection committee has licked Coach Plato's balls in recent years and provided our Cats with a generous path to Final Four Nirvana. Unfortunately, we haven't taken advantage of our generous seeding and path to the F4. Maybe this will be the year. Of course, generous path or not, it just takes one bad matchup to send a team packing for home. This year, good guards that can create off the dribble and score the basket(like TA&M) will likely be our demise.
(03-20-2024, 06:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

UK  86  Oakland  65
UK  77  Texas Tech  71
UK  79  Marquette  75
Houston  82  UK  78

Oh, and it also predicted that some KY billhillies  will be calling for Cal to be fired after the loss to Houston in the Elite Eight round.  That's the most predictable thing ever.

KenPom:

UK :   Ranked #5 in  AdjO ;  ranked #110 in AdjD  (No team ranked worse than #17 in AdjD has ever won a national championship)

Net Overall Efficiency(AdjO - AdjD) :  UK is ranked #21  ;  Oakland is ranked #137.

Factoid:   There are nine teams that have worse seedings than UK that have a better overall KenPom ranking( SD St. #20 , Mich St. #19,  St Mary's #18,  Wisconsin #17 , BYU #16 , Gonzaga #15 , Alabama #13 , Duke #8, Auburn #4).

I could be off base here, but I think it's starting to dawn on you that the committee doesn't seed based on KenPom, JimBob or any other system. And yes the more Calipari doesn't perform, the more people will want rid of him and his obscenely excessive pay package.

I could be off base here, but the selection committee has licked Coach Plato's balls in recent years and provided our Cats with a generous path to Final Four Nirvana. Unfortunately, we haven't taken advantage of our generous seeding and path to the F4. Maybe this will be the year. Of course, generous path or not, it just takes one bad matchup to send a team packing for home. This year, good guards that can create off the dribble and score the basket(like TA&M) will likely be our demise.

Other people are still winning tournaments and regular season league championships. Cut out the tournaments are random, ball keeps bouncing to the other team, luck factor, Rupp sucks, other teams have loser coaches too, it doesn't matter anyway so just hug your wife and kids etc etc etc excuses and just win some f*ng thing.
(03-20-2024, 06:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 06:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

UK  86  Oakland  65
UK  77  Texas Tech  71
UK  79  Marquette  75
Houston  82  UK  78

KenPom:

Other people are still winning tournaments and regular season league championships. Cut out the tournaments are random, ball keeps bouncing to the other team, luck factor, Rupp sucks, other teams have loser coaches too, it doesn't matter anyway so just hug your wife and kids etc etc etc excuses and just win some f*ng thing.

Tell that to your other "team."  They've lost for years, and the excuses roll on. Just win f#$%ing something. Smile
^^^Other team???
Conversation
TheCatsPause247
@TheCatsPause247
Kentucky has now lost 7 of its last 9 postseason games.

L, Texas A&M (2024 SEC Tournament)
L, Kansas State (2023 NCAA Tournament)
W, Providence (2023 NCAA Tournament)
L, Vanderbilt (2023 SEC Tournament)
L, Saint Peters (2022 NCAA Tournament)
L, Tennessee (2022 SEC Tournament)
W, Vanderbilt (2022 SEC Tournament)
L, Mississippi State (2021 SEC Tournament)
L, Auburn (2019 NCAA Tournament)
8:43 AM · Mar 16, 2024
·
Views
(03-21-2024, 12:52 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Post
See new posts
Conversation
TheCatsPause247
@TheCatsPause247
Kentucky has now lost 7 of its last 9 postseason games.

L, Texas A&M (2024 SEC Tournament)
L, Kansas State (2023 NCAA Tournament)
W, Providence (2023 NCAA Tournament)
L, Vanderbilt (2023 SEC Tournament)
L, Saint Peters (2022 NCAA Tournament)
L, Tennessee (2022 SEC Tournament)
W, Vanderbilt (2022 SEC Tournament)
L, Mississippi State (2021 SEC Tournament)
L, Auburn (2019 NCAA Tournament)
8:43 AM · Mar 16, 2024
·
Views
[/url]
My Goodness!

@drewg41
[url=https://twitter.com/drewg41]

Hope they hang a banner for it. Our new gold standard! Maybe next to it we can put all of Cal’s bullshit catchphrases too. “Conference tournament doesn’t matter, Pikeville to Paducah, poop ice cream, basketball Bennies, enjoy the ride, we’re young, blame me.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Jarons
If Kentucky loses to Oakland, _____________________________ .

You complete the sentence above.
Jack Gohlke after being left open for his first 3 or 4 three's is shooting out his butt now!
(03-21-2024, 02:12 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: If Kentucky loses to Oakland, _____________________________ .

You complete the sentence above.

... we should all agree that it's time for Calipari to go.

If Gohlke fools someone with one more shot fake or another of our bigs leaps over Townsend's back because they can't stay down on one of his post moves, I'm going to start sensing a pattern.

Watts, playing on one good ankle, is cooking Dillingham.

Mitchell throwing the ball out of bounds after a free throw. Wagner missing the entire rim on a three after we inexplicably give him the ball and cleared out late in the shot clock. Edwards missing a wide open dunk. Sheppard throwing an ill-advised lob to Ivisic. FORGETTING REEVES EXISTS FOR STRETCHES DESPITE HIM BEING THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN SCORE.

This is just bad basketball. Game still has plenty of time left but Oakland has played better and deserves to win more than we do.

Season on the line, let's have Sheppard, who is 1-4 from the field, advance the ball at less than full speed and then try to accelerate and pull up for a three. Brilliant!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • 16BBall Fan