Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dean resigns at LCC.
To spend more time with his family.
Did he coach the first three games or was this before the season started?
Huge loss for Letcher. Their baseball program has always been a disaster with coaching changes. What in the world goes on up there.
If Coach Dean struggled with the program then problems must be deep rooted at Letcher. I don't have any insight. I do know that he works overtime to make sure his programs are ready to play and compete.
Can’t blame the guy, coaching just ain’t worth it. Coaching is a job for a single person or for someone with no kids.
Oh wow, this is huge. May be a long season for the Cougars.
Bad loss for LCC. That place can't seem to figure it out. Surprised he stayed this long.
LCC was young this season and losing Huff was tough loss. Going to be long year now for the Cougars.
(03-19-2024, 09:20 AM)catsrule Wrote: To spend more time with his family.
Definitely was not to spend time with his family
Quit on Sunday night……word now is he’s an assistant at hazard but not confirmed. He brought all this on himself, calling kids “retards” when he had a special needs player on his team did not sit well with alot of parents. Then he was seen by multiple parents punching himself in the face last year cause an error had been made during several games. Only 3 juniors came out to play and 2 are now rumored to be leaving, he may know baseball but a leader of young men he is not. It’s unfortunate cause there’s some good baseball talent in those hallways but I just feel sorry for all the kids that had to deal with that and the ones that just want to play.
(03-19-2024, 11:34 AM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:

Heard he was at Hazard's practice yesterday.   Maybe an assistant to Varney.
(03-19-2024, 12:46 PM)catsrule Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 11:34 AM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:

Heard he was at Hazard's practice yesterday.   Maybe an assistant to Varney.
That’s what I’m hearing as well. Heard there was some issues with parents at Letcher. No idea what about, but made it hard to coach and not worth the time. Tale as old as time, whiny parents running good coaches off.
He doesn’t like staying anywhere for too long….
Is Chris Dump Slone coaching the team now with Jim Bob!
Terrible loss for the cougs. Seems like family time is always the reason around here
(04-02-2024, 06:11 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote: Terrible loss for the cougs. Seems like family time is always the reason around here
If he did it for family then why is he at Hazard?
Varney is his family. The are twins.
Almost every coach who leaves a job uses the "family" excuse, then they take another job.
(04-02-2024, 11:16 PM)HCS Wrote: Almost every coach who leaves a job uses the "family" excuse, then they take another job.
I was just curious if he was only doing it part time or something like that? Otherwise I don’t understand. Lol