Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Frederick Douglass
This job was open to applicants this morning with the resignation of Wes Scarberry this season less than a week before the start of the season. Stephon Harris who was an assistant coach on the staff was made the interim head coach (who I thought did a good job in tough circumstances) he had one of the toughest schedules in the state. 

The job is required to be posted and should receive some very good applications as the Broncos return all 5 of their starters next season.
As nice of school as FD and so many kids to choose from and be able to get from other schools. The right hire could make FD a great basketball program.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-20-2024, 12:01 PM)Spud6 Wrote: As nice of school as FD and so many kids to choose from and be able to get from other schools. The right hire could make FD a great basketball program.

They are on the verge now. They have been to 3 11th region finals and 2 semifinals in the last 5 years and made the state semi-finals last season.
Is this just a formality of Coach Harris taking over or is this truly open?
It will be truly open and I think it will get some very good applications as they have all 5 starters returning .
Why did Scarberry resign? He had a great run last year
(03-20-2024, 02:24 PM)Wildcat100 Wrote: Why did Scarberry resign? He had a great run last year

He had to step down a week before this season began due to health reasons with a family member. Coach Harris was just the acting head coach this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Wildcat100
Any names being tossed around for this job ?