Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 8 Hazard 7
Final from Hazard
Any insight on this one? 

Who did hazard pitch in this one?
(03-22-2024, 01:03 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Any insight on this one? 

I heard Pelferey started it, napier, then  goins came in.  Knott started napier, then Collins and finished off with the Michael kid. Bunch of pitches thrown in this game. Knott threw around 150 and hazard was up around that as well. I think Knott has shown they will be a contender. Hazard will get better as the season goes along. I think if you were ranking the regional teams right now I’d go with powell, Knott, estill, then like a three way tie for 4th with Breathitt, Wolfe, hazard. Perry is right behind that group of three. All depends on the draw and pitching. Who can develop the most.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Baseball247's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(03-24-2024, 02:42 PM)Baseball247 Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 01:03 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Any insight on this one? 

I heard Pelferey started it, napier, then  goins came in.  Knott started napier, then Collins and finished off with the Michael kid. Bunch of pitches thrown in this game. Knott threw around 150 and hazard was up around that as well. I think Knott has shown they will be a contender. Hazard will get better as the season goes along. I think if you were ranking the regional teams right now I’d go with powell, Knott, estill, then like a three way tie for 4th with Breathitt, Wolfe, hazard. Perry is right behind that group of three. All depends on the draw and pitching. Who can develop the most.
Heard hazard was up several runs in this one and pelfrey came in for Napier and walked several runs across. Had trouble finding the zone and knott took advantage and drew some walks.
Every game will be like this when Gary Hammonds is behind the dish. Strike zone is too small and too inconsistent. I think I heard someone say close to 300 pitches was thrown between the two teams. Same way when powell played Fleming in the 2-a championship. I watched it and couldn’t tell what was being called a strike or a ball. Umpires like this destroy the game.