Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 (NCAA Tournament First Round)
Cal bounced again in the first round of the tournament
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Get him the F outta Lexington Mitch.
Get Mitch the F out of Lexington too.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • jax, pjdoug
Cal’s buyout just got a little smaller tonight, I believe it’s the end of an era! Money is no option at this point. Cal resigns to save face. Sick!!
UK might have lost by more if they didn't have a HOF coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not just out of Lexington, out of Kentucky and every state that borders it.
Like I said on the other thread, we are now the laughingstock of college basketball.
(03-21-2024, 10:41 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote: Cal’s buyout just got a little smaller tonight, I believe it’s the end of an era!  Money is no option at this point.  Cal resigns to save face.  Sick!!

He doesn't have the integrity to consider that. He still thinks we're lucky to have him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • jax
Expected it. This is the new norm for our program. Heck, let's up Cal's pay again. It's the players fault remember. Funny thing is though, it's always new players every year but the SAME OLD COACH.
We have won one tournament game in five years. Wasn't even invited to play in the NCAA one of those years. I got frustrated last week and swore off watching their games. I'm glad I did.

My whole family watched though. I had to leave my niece's house and come home to watch Colorado St and Texas. lol

Congratulations to Oakland. Sounds to me like they deserved this win. I DID see their coach's interview. Class act.
Oakland played well, but not THAT well. Reeves was the only player we had who was effective, but we seemed to forget about that for some very long stretches.

Not a good showing for the SEC so far. Tennessee is up big; Auburn and Alabama are pretty heavy favorites and at best, Florida and Texas A&M probably end as - 2.5 spreads before tip, but I don't think the upsets are over and wouldn't be surprised if only three to four teams remain after the first round either.
(03-21-2024, 10:47 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: We have won one tournament game in five years.  Wasn't even invited to play in the NCAA one of those years.  I got frustrated last week and swore off watching their games.  I'm glad I did.

My whole family watched though. I had to leave my niece's house and come home to watch Colorado St and Texas.  lol

Congratulations to Oakland.  Sounds to me like they deserved this win.  I DID see their coach's interview.  Class act.
Longhorns were the lock of the first day
Matt Jones
@KySportsRadio
·
1h
Winning is what has to define every season

Kentucky isn’t winning (regular season, SEC or NCAA) enough. Period
Lyndsey Gough
@LGonTV
·
1h
Calipari on CBS: "Our season shouldn't be defined by this one game, but it will be."

Says some guys did not play to the level they can play.
^^^One reason why I loathe Cal. Total bullsh!tter. Just fire his stupid ass so I no longer have to endure losing year after year but also this idiot horse sh!t
  • pjdoug
Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
27m
John Calipari had the national player of the year and lost to Saint Peter's.

John Calipari had the national freshman of the year and a fifth-year senior who set the Cal-era scoring record at Kentucky and lost to Oakland.

At some point, it's not them. It's ...
Everybody knows who the problem is
Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
51m
Calipari: "I'll look at other ways we can do stuff ... but this thing here, it's a different animal." Running off all his accomplishments with young guys and changing lives.

"It's changed on us. It's gotten really old. So do I change because of that?"
^^^Clueless AF
Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
54m
The thing nobody wants to hear from John Calipari tonight: "We've got an unbelievable group coming in."
  • Cactus Jack
(03-21-2024, 10:44 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Like I said on the other thread, we are now the laughingstock of college basketball.

If so, then Reed Sheppard and DJ Wagner were the court jesters. Three points between them. They folded under the tournament spotlight like cheap suits, although they had plenty of company. KY was tentative right from the start and never really seemed comfortable all night. They played like they were afraid to lose instead of going out there from the opening tip with a kick ass attitude.

This team, in addition to being tragically flawed because of their lack of defensive discipline, was simply not a mentally tough bunch. Good kids, it seems, but they just didn't possess a mentally tough constitution to make a deep tournament run. John Calipari did not lose this game. Every rationally thinking human on this website knows that. Emotions are clouding any sense of rational thought at this point. The Cats were tentative all night and didn't make shots like they normally do. Cal did everything possible leading up to the game to loosen the guys up. They simply weren't ready for primetime basketball. 

If someone can lay out the irrefutable proof that this loss was Cal's fault , instead of Reed, Wagner, Dilly, and others, I'd like to hear it. Our boys just failed to bring it. They were tentative from the opening tip.
Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
"I like what we were doing offensively. How do we get tougher?" Says offensively, "I kinda like coaching the way I did this year."

^^^It's just comedy at this point. Freaking sociopath
Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
59m
Calipari on whether this loss and Saint Peter's affects his philosophy moving forward: "It's a good question. Like, I've done this with young teams my whole career and it's going to be hard for me to change that."

^^^He's thumbing his nose at people noticing he sucks
(03-22-2024, 12:14 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Matt Jones
@KySportsRadio
·
1h
Winning is what has to define every season

Kentucky isn’t winning (regular season, SEC or NCAA) enough. Period
Lyndsey Gough
@LGonTV
·
1h
Calipari on CBS: "Our season shouldn't be defined by this one game, but it will be."

Says some guys did not play to the level they can play.
And that's an understatement!
(03-21-2024, 10:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Get Mitch the F out of Lexington too.
Fully agree!!!
(03-22-2024, 12:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
27m

John Calipari had the national freshman of the year and a fifth-year senior who set the Cal-era scoring record at Kentucky and lost to Oakland.

Who played like shit.  Any kind of performance that even resembled the Reed Sheppard of most of the season and KY covers the spread.
Just pure devastation, screw you mitch!!
Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
1h
Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart declined an interview in the locker room.

F that idiot too...another person with no accountability...idiot...get him out of here
Don't you wish you could suck and get rich and not have to answer any questions to the people paying you?
(03-22-2024, 12:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Everybody knows who the problem is

You, Plant Guy, Run it up your Gut, and anyone else who blames the coach for shots not falling. If guys play like they normally do and hit shots like they normally do, Cats win easily. This loss was not on coaching.
(03-22-2024, 12:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
27m

Who played like shit.  Any kind of performance that even resembled the Reed Sheppard of most of the season and KY covers the spread.
Can't have people like you in charge of anything, it will turn to sh!t every time.