Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2, Johnson Central 0
Scoreless until the 6th I believe. Pikeville goes to 5-0. Even cooler is they added a double header with Frederick Douglass at their place Saturday before heading to Atlanta for 4 games over spring break. Have to admire the b@lls of that. FD just got done beating Trinity who might have been ranked #1, not sure.
JP, I think those games are now possibly cancelled due to the funeral for the legendary Ronnie Ford’s on Sat.

Coach Simpkins embraced Ronnie as much as anyone over his short tenure as the skipper for the Panther baseball squad. Respect
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-22-2024, 01:00 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: JP, I think those games are now possibly cancelled due to the funeral for the legendary Ronnie Ford’s  on Sat.

Coach Simpkins embraced Ronnie as much as anyone over his short tenure as the skipper for the Panther baseball squad. Respect

That's awesome. We called Ronnie "Coach Ford" all these years...huge respect.
As for this baseball game, I was very impressed with the young arms of the Eagles. But good teams find a way.
In saying that, JC is very much a regional contender.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
JC is young and will be very good for a long time. Pikeville just has that bend but don't break and find a way to win it. Pikeville gets their bats more consistent they'll be dangerous
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It’s these 2 teams in the 15th and possibly Lawrence if they come along.

That’s it.
(03-22-2024, 09:41 AM)Spud6 Wrote: JC is young and will be very good for a long time. Pikeville just has that bend but don't break and find a way to win it. Pikeville gets their bats more consistent they'll be dangerous

Very dangerous already. Pitching has given up 5 runs in 5 games vs good competition.
distraction mechanic
@leftybarner
·
11h
Joe Lunardi moves Kentucky up to a 2 seed after gutsy loss to Oakland.
(03-22-2024, 11:05 AM)jetpilot Wrote: distraction mechanic
@leftybarner
·
11h
Joe Lunardi moves Kentucky up to a 2 seed after gutsy loss to Oakland.

Geez Jet. You going to throw that in a dang baseball thread? lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MY bad! please delete lol
(03-22-2024, 10:24 AM)RTruth Wrote: It’s these 2 teams in the 15th and possibly Lawrence if they come along.

That’s it.
Yep…. I totally agree. Pike Central will be better when Hager gets healthy. But he can’t pitch every game for them. Most other teams I’ve seen and followed are just too young, too inconsistent, or simply don’t have the pitching. JC is Pikeville’s only competition in region even though I wouldn’t be surprised if Paintsville makes some noise too.