Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024-2025 Kentucky Roster Construction
(04-08-2024, 11:14 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Who was the recruit that wanted to meet with Barnhart before he made his decision?

Jayden Quaintance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Spud6
They're gonna like Boogie in Fayetteville.

How will Cal be received by fans when the Hogs come to Rupp next season?
Fans in lower arena be too busy reading a book probably won’t even notice it
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-09-2024, 12:41 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: They're gonna like Boogie in Fayetteville.

How will Cal be received by fans when the Hogs come to Rupp next season?

Most likely on Boogie in Fayetteville.

On Cal's return-- I just hope that the fans aren't extremely ugly and doing things to tarnish the school's reputation. Booing is one thing for those who may feel like it, but it shouldn't go any further than that. With time, I'd imagine that almost all fans will cheer him (so long as it isn't expected to be a very intense game from the jump) if he sticks around long enough.
Dillingham declares and forgoes his remaining college eligibility
We all knew Dillingham was gone!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-09-2024, 12:44 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Fans in lower arena be too busy reading a book probably won’t even notice it

Good point.  Or  cross-stitching. I've seen that, too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Spud6
Thing about it is once UK hires a coach, that coach may bring some players as well. It is the way the process works. A lot of uncertainty for the next while.
Quaintsnce or however you spell it has asked for his release from UK
(04-09-2024, 06:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 12:44 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Fans in lower arena be too busy reading a book probably won’t even notice it

Good point.  Or  cross-stitching. I've seen that, too.

Old people are smart. It takes 3 hours to play 40 minutes of basketball. That means 2 hours and 20 minutes of dead time. Might as well be productive. Multi-tasking has been a thing for quite awhile now. Get with it guys.
Who are Kentucky's big NIL contributors?
(04-10-2024, 04:58 PM)Westside Wrote: Who are Kentucky's big NIL contributors?

15 Club is the collective and 500 Strong are the top tier donors. Know you were probably looking more for individual names, but that's probably some useful info as well.

I'd say that the tides of who donates most and who comes on and off board would turn quickly when there is a coaching change, especially if the donors are needed for funding things like, say a buyout, or making a new coach a big offer and want to have input into how their money is being spent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Westside
(04-10-2024, 04:58 PM)Westside Wrote: Who are Kentucky's big NIL contributors?

1. Joe and Kelly Craft
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
Somto Cyril has requested and been granted release from his NLI. He joins Jayden Quaintance.

Boogie Fland and Travis Perry are the only signees who have yet to request a release from their NLIs.

Kevin Knox had previously verbally committed but has reopened his recruitment.

Billy Richmond has also verbally committed but has so far yet to back out.

Do not be shocked if Travis Perry is the only original commit remaining when the smoke clears.

I'd have to think that Drew would bring VJ Edgecombe if he were to take the job.

I would also think that he'd probably at least try to make a run at Indiana decommit Liam McNeeley, a 6'9 shooter from the Dallas area. How successful that run may be is probably a different story, but with all the roster turnover and Baylor's existing presence in the Dallas area, it's a call that probably gets made.
If we don't hire a coach by Friday we lose out on a lot of talent in the portal and all these kids decommiting. DJ Wagner still seems to be another interesting name that hasn't done anything yet. If we can keep him I'd be very happy and he could be someone that the new coach really leans on to be his guy next year especially if Reed decides to go pro.
#BBFL
I'll just be happy if "Oral Roberts " stays in Waco, regardless of who we end up with. Apparently, Oral's mother-in-law, who lives with them, said no to the move. I hope he listens to mother-in-law.
(04-11-2024, 12:30 AM)Spud6 Wrote: If we don't hire a coach by Friday we lose out on a lot of talent in the portal and all these kids decommiting. DJ Wagner still seems to be another interesting name that hasn't done anything yet. If we can keep him I'd be very happy and he could be someone that the new coach really leans on to be his guy next year especially if Reed decides to go pro.

Doubt there's any chance that Wagner returns to Kentucky. Most likely deciding between the NBA and Arkansas, maybe with another school being considered, but I just can't see him returning to Kentucky.
(04-11-2024, 03:39 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 12:30 AM)Spud6 Wrote: If we don't hire a coach by Friday we lose out on a lot of talent in the portal and all these kids decommiting.  DJ Wagner still seems to be another interesting name that hasn't done anything yet.  If we can keep him I'd be very happy and he could be someone that the new coach really leans on to be his guy next year especially if Reed decides to go pro.

Doubt there's any chance that Wagner returns to Kentucky. Most likely deciding between the NBA and Arkansas, maybe with another school being considered, but I just can't see him returning to Kentucky.

I would love to have him and Reed together in the backcourt
#BBFL
I want this guy:

(04-11-2024, 11:21 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: I want this guy:

Simmer down CJ
#BBFL
We'll have the Perry kid and about a dozen 25 year-old Mormons.
(04-12-2024, 01:38 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: We'll have the Perry kid and about a dozen 25 year-old Mormons.

We can make fun of Pope all night but he is a lock to at least tie Calipari's record of zero SEC titles and 1 NCAA tournament win the next 4 years. While saving the university and the taxpayers $$$Zillions, as well as 3 lifetimes worth of bullsh!t on top of horse sh!t.
Jaxson Robinson?
Aly Khalifa?
Fousseyni Traore?
Trevin Knell?
Richie Saunders?
Noah Waterman?

Any of these players expected to follow him to Kentucky? Know that they aren't household names, but Jaxson Robinson appears on some NBA Mock Drafts and was a senior but still has an additional year that he can use. He was a former 4* and began his career at Arkansas.

The only player on last year's BYU roster who is out of eligibility is Spencer Johnson.

Isaac Davis is an incoming BYU recruit that is a 4* out of Idaho. The Cougars were also expected to add Collin Chandler, a former 4* guard out of Utah who was expected to return from his Mormon mission this season.

Don't know that UK is going to traditionally try to recruit most of these names, but there are plenty of roster spots that will need to be filled.
Mark with 7 double digit loss seasons in the 9 seasons he has coached. Lost to 11th seed Duquesne in Round 1 this year. Finished 5th behind Santa Clara in his conference two seasons ago. Not to pick the guy to death because he might kill it here, but how do you pass over guys with much better resumes for Pope? Would Mark have gotten an interview if he hadn't played here at UK? He wouldn't have even been on the radar. ZERO tournament wins. Love him or hate him, the fact is, Cal is currently the winningest coach in college basketball and will have the Hogs near the top of the SEC.

This administration and these Crafts seem to be the problem. Look at Kelly Craft's run for governor. She came across as a pure lunatic. Mitch is a religious fanatic and a total out of touch tool. When you have loons like these people making decisions, you get debacles and fiascos like we've seen the past week or so.

I don't trust the basketball acumen of grown ass men who wear special magic underwear as "spiritual protection."(That's right, they really do that) Mark Pope, like all Mormons, believe that God once lived on a higher planet with his own higher god. Also, Coach Pope believes the Earth is just one of many inhabited worlds, and there are many governing heavenly bodies, including the planet or star Kolob, which is said to be nearest the throne of God.

Good luck in Lexington, Coach.
(04-12-2024, 02:12 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Mark with 7 double digit loss seasons in the 9 seasons he has coached.  Lost to 11th  seed Duquesne in Round 1 this year.  Finished 5th behind Santa Clara in his conference two seasons ago. Not to pick the guy to death because he might kill it here, but how do you pass over guys with much better resumes for Pope?  Would Mark have gotten an interview if he hadn't played here at UK?  He wouldn't have even been on the radar. ZERO  tournament wins.  Love him or hate him, the fact is, Cal is currently the winningest coach in college basketball and will have the Hogs near the top of the SEC.

This administration  and these Crafts seem to be the problem. Look at Kelly Craft's run for governor. She came across as a pure lunatic. Mitch is a religious fanatic and a total out of touch tool.  When you have loons like these people making decisions,  you get debacles and fiascos like we've seen the past week or so.

I don't trust the basketball acumen of grown ass men who wear special magic underwear as "spiritual protection."(That's right, they really do that)  Mark Pope, like all Mormons, believe that God once lived on a higher planet with his own higher god.  Also, Coach Pope believes the Earth is just one of many inhabited worlds, and there are many governing heavenly bodies, including the planet or star Kolob, which is said to be nearest the throne of God.

Deranged AF. I'll bet you two Bibles and a Rosary Pope wins more NCAA tournament games the next 4 years than Cal did the last 4.
(04-12-2024, 08:47 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 02:12 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Mark with 7 double digit loss seasons in the 9 seasons he has coached.  Lost to 11th  seed Duquesne in Round 1 this year.  Finished 5th behind Santa Clara in his conference two seasons ago. Not to pick the guy to death because he might kill it here, but how do you pass over guys with much better resumes for Pope?  Would Mark have gotten an interview if he hadn't played here at UK?  He wouldn't have even been on the radar. ZERO  tournament wins.  Love him or hate him, the fact is, Cal is currently the winningest coach in college basketball and will have the Hogs near the top of the SEC.

This administration  and these Crafts seem to be the problem. Look at Kelly Craft's run for governor. She came across as a pure lunatic. Mitch is a religious fanatic and a total out of touch tool.  When you have loons like these people making decisions,  you get debacles and fiascos like we've seen the past week or so.

I don't trust the basketball acumen of grown ass men who wear special magic underwear as "spiritual protection."(That's right, they really do that)  Mark Pope, like all Mormons, believe that God once lived on a higher planet with his own higher god.  Also, Coach Pope believes the Earth is just one of many inhabited worlds, and there are many governing heavenly bodies, including the planet or star Kolob, which is said to be nearest the throne of God.

Deranged AF. I'll bet you two Bibles and a Rosary Pope wins more NCAA tournament games the next 4 years than Cal did the last 4.

Rosarys are used by the world's largest criminal enterprise . Masters of using scare tactics to oppress , intimidate  and abuse the vulnerable and weak-minded.
(04-12-2024, 09:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 08:47 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Rosarys are used by the world's largest criminal enterprise . Masters of using scare tactics to oppress , intimidate  and abuse the vulnerable and weak-minded.
Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!
Next years roster will include Perry, 4-6 BYU transfers. 2-3 other portal players. Maybe McNeeley, the decommit from Indiana, and a surprise recruit or two that most fans won’t think are UK Caliber.
I really hope Ivisic stays and shines in Pope's offense. Seems like the player on the current roster who'd benefit most from his system.