Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024-2025 Kentucky Roster Construction
Saunders returning to BYU is a little surprising. I'd initially mentioned all the ties he had to the BYU culture but flipped to him ending up at Kentucky because his visit seemed to be well received.

My Oweh prediction may make my crystal ball look better going forward... or maybe not. Doesn't have the best pull-up game (and that's an understatement) but think his tape shows the ability to get all the way to the rim in both halfcourt and transition & that he's able to catch and shoot. Staff will probably go with what they know for awhile and there seem to be more Big XII, Utah, and Midwestern ties than anything else, so not surprised that he came in for a visit.

Still hoping that Jalen Blackmon becomes the next legacy, but his brother also played at Indiana and the chatter on him seems more focused on other schools.

Methinks Kentucky is casting a pretty wide net with all of the visits and that we'll see even more uncertainty with the NCAA's new rule on grad transfers needing to enter by May 1 absent an exception.

I would not at all be surprised if as many as four or five names that haven't really been mentioned yet ultimately wind up on next season's roster at some point. Kentucky fans probably weren't thinking about Trazarien White dropping 27 in a November win in Rupp and thinking "that might be a decent piece for next season" at this time two days ago, but there's no better look that a staff and administration gets at an opposing player than in live action.

It should be a very busy time between now and next Wednesday's deadline.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-2025 Kentucky Roster Construction - by Cactus Jack - 04-26-2024, 01:51 AM