Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024-2025 Kentucky Roster Construction
(04-30-2024, 05:50 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: That would be a damn fine roster. And I wouldn’t sleep on Travis Perry being able to be a true contributor as a freshman either. I watched him a couple of times at the state tourney last month, and he honestly looked better there than Sheppard ever did, and we all know how that eventually turned out. Not saying he can have the same type of season Reed did, but definitely think he can provide solid minutes.

If you'd have told me three weeks ago that at this point in time, the roster would be:

PG - Butler, Perry
SG - Brea, Chandler
SF - Oweh
PF - Osobor, Carr
C - Williams

and that we'd still have four to five scholarships to use, I'd have thought that you were crazy.

No one may stand out as someone who can take over a game offensively and defensively, but there's a lot of starts and experience in those lineups. Brea is good, but he didn't start for Dayton last season and is atrocious defensively.

Would really love to see that group rounded out by a guard that could score in bunches. Think Pope will play so uptempo that feeding eight mouths shouldn't be an issue.

On Perry, I think that he can do some things and obviously provides shooting and may even be a little underrated handling the ball, but I think it he'll need some time to adjust to the speed and physicality of the game. Having watched one of Chandler's mixtapes, it immediately jumps out that he's the much better athlete of the two. I just wonder what type of shape he's in coming off of a two year hiatus.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-2025 Kentucky Roster Construction - by Cactus Jack - 04-30-2024, 11:47 AM