Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024-2025 Kentucky Roster Construction
(05-01-2024, 02:15 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: ^^^

"Highest bidder" ... Man, college sports is in the sh!tter!

[Image: https://soundfactory.ai/media/2023/11/ch...l-crop.gif]

Ehhh... I think it's probably always been that way, it's just out in the open and actually doesn't violate as many rules now.

I'm sure that there was plenty of money, power, and influence changing hands before.

A few years ago, it was jobs for family members, AAU friends, and brokers in the shoe and apparel industries. Slightly before that, there was the short run of basically paying AAU teams for preseason scrimmages.

Before that it was money orders being mailed and hundred dollar handshakes.

The offer of an education, degree, and networking with alumni has always been there. So has everything else.

6'8 power forwards don't protect well to today's NBA, and I don't know that either of his previous schools were really giving him bags on his NIL deal, so I can't really blame Osobor if he's making a business decision.

Utah State and Montona State would love to still have him, but I'm sure that they're also using his launching pad as a selling point to other team's players that they're after and wouldn't think twice about taking a player from any of the schools he's considering if they could.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-2025 Kentucky Roster Construction - by Cactus Jack - 05-01-2024, 07:24 PM