Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great Crossing 83 Magoffin County 48 (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
Final. This was a non-contest from the tip. The game was tied at 0-0 for the first :12 seconds and the Warhawks led the complete game. Their biggest led was 38 at 71-33 early in the 3rd quarter. Great Crossing has won their 24th straight game and are 36-1 on the season and will play the Lyon Co./Adair Co. winner in the semis tomorrow morning at 11:00am.

Magoffin had a great season winning the 15th region for the first time in school history despite what happened today. They finish their season at 22-14. They were led in scoring by Russell and Salyer with 12 each. Great Crossing were led by Dawson with 18 and Moreno with 16 points and 15 rebounds.
Great run for Magoffin Co. year. What they did during the post-season will live on forever!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
great run magoffin, nothing to be ashamed of. They may as well been playing a d3 team.. Good season hornets
Congratulations to Magoffin. I feel for them. To all of those who think this tournament is the greatest, I say far from it. Time has passed it by and all that’s left is nostalgia for the old heads. Small schools can’t compete anymore. Instead of several high schools in the metropolitan areas, you now have the mega super size schools. And your “Christian schools” with 29 students who just happen to be talented basketball players? Even some decibels from foreign countries? It’s a joke, the good ol’ days are gone. Time for 3 classes anyway.
(03-22-2024, 02:08 PM)Slim one Wrote: Congratulations to Magoffin. I feel for them. To all of those who think this tournament is the greatest, I say far from it. Time has passed it by and all that’s left is nostalgia for the old heads. Small schools can’t compete anymore. Instead of several high schools in the metropolitan areas, you now have the mega super size schools. And your “Christian schools” with 29 students who just happen to be talented basketball players? Even some decibels from foreign countries? It’s a joke, the good ol’ days are gone. Time for 3 classes anyway.
Here we go, of course everybody screams for a class system to get their trophies.  You are 100% correct, this tournament isn’t set up for small schools so go win your single A state title.  What’s special about this tournament is that once in your lifetime you may get to see David beat Goliath, which is worth it to me.  It only takes 6-7 players to do something special, other sports the task is more difficult, complicated, and impossible.  Let’s raise a society that earns what they get, instead of handing out medals and trophies for moral.  This way we truly
get to see who is the best!!! What other way is better than that, give me a break!!  Don’t mess with the greatest show on earth!! Move on
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wildcat_blue's post:
  • Mountainparkway
(03-22-2024, 03:47 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 02:08 PM)Slim one Wrote: Congratulations to Magoffin. I feel for them. To all of those who think this tournament is the greatest, I say far from it. Time has passed it by and all that’s left is nostalgia for the old heads. Small schools can’t compete anymore. Instead of several high schools in the metropolitan areas, you now have the mega super size schools. And your “Christian schools” with 29 students who just happen to be talented basketball players? Even some decibels from foreign countries? It’s a joke, the good ol’ days are gone. Time for 3 classes anyway.
Here we go, of course everybody screams for a class system to get their trophies.  You are 100% correct, this tournament isn’t set up for small schools so go win your single A state title.  What’s special about this tournament is that once in your lifetime you may get to see David beat Goliath, which is worth it to me.  It only takes 6-7 players to do something special, other sports the task is more difficult, complicated, and impossible.  Let’s raise a society that earns what they get, instead of handing out medals and trophies for moral.  This way we truly
get to see who is the best!!! What other way is better than that, give me a break!!  Don’t mess with the greatest show on earth!! Move on
Blah, blah, blah greatest show, once in lifetime David beats Goliath, etc. It has zero to do with earning something and surely you being such an authority on basketball you realize the “Christian Schools “ are small and 1A? So you may get to see David come out on top this year. And when I choose to move on? It won’t be because of you.
Wildcat blue is 100 percent correct on this. Sweet 16 is special and I hope they never change it. Only the woke want the medals and participation trophies.